2 minute drill | Syracusefan.com

2 minute drill

cvilleorange

Walk On
I texted my brother (RICUSE 44) that if Ryan is there...let's suit him up. I had a completely different feeling at the end of this game than I did last year. That last drive was utter chaos. It is clear that for whatever reason he and the receivers are not on the same page. He has only been here two months and that is to be expected to some degree, but this was bad.

It's early and it is easy to have an emotional response to what we saw on the field. It think the question becomes, how close was the competition? If it was truly that close, then you have to go with the guy who can run, albeit on a limited basis. You have to go with the guy who has better chemistry with the receivers. You have to go with the guy who has a better 10-15 yd passing game because a stagnant offense with a couple of deep plays a game is not going to work. You have to go with the guy who has a few more years here, if it's close.

If it was not close... we may be in trouble. I really think this team has the talent to be a bowl team. This defense can be pretty good. We need to clean it up on the O line and if we can throw the ball, it can make the run game better. Next week is looking like an uphill battle, but the coaching staff needs to make this decision regarding the quarterbacks quickly

It seems like you answered your own question. We don't have the answer so we can only hope that the coaching staff made the right decision.

Why are people convinced Hunt is better 10-15 yards? People say that, but why are we so sure he is?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I texted my brother (RICUSE 44) that if Ryan is there...let's suit him up. I had a completely different feeling at the end of this game than I did last year. That last drive was utter chaos. It is clear that for whatever reason he and the receivers are not on the same page. He has only been here two months and that is to be expected to some degree, but this was bad.

It's early and it is easy to have an emotional response to what we saw on the field. It think the question becomes, how close was the competition? If it was truly that close, then you have to go with the guy who can run, albeit on a limited basis. You have to go with the guy who has better chemistry with the receivers. You have to go with the guy who has a better 10-15 yd passing game because a stagnant offense with a couple of deep plays a game is not going to work. You have to go with the guy who has a few more years here, if it's close.

If it was not close... we may be in trouble. I really think this team has the talent to be a bowl team. This defense can be pretty good. We need to clean it up on the O line and if we can throw the ball, it can make the run game better. Next week is looking like an uphill battle, but the coaching staff needs to make this decision regarding the quarterbacks quickly
Need to play a lot better next week because Northwestern is clearly a better team with more weapons than Penn State.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom