2 or 3 win season coming, what next | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2 or 3 win season coming, what next

In my view, besides just the losses, it's the way we lose. Getting beat by decent opponents is not unexpected, especially on the road. However, it would be a heck of lot easier to digest all these losses if we played a solid game, just as our opponent, but they just made one or two better plays to pull out the victory. What's frustrating is that we repeatedly keep shooting ourselves in the foot, and for the most part, have been our own worst enemy. Therefore, it feels like we are not making any real progress...basically the same 'ol song and dance. This squarely puts the onis back on the coaches, and, as long as that's the same constant, why should we expect the results to be any different... :noidea:

In my view, besides just the losses, it's the way we lose. Getting beat by decent opponents is not unexpected, especially on the road. However, it would be a heck of lot easier to digest all these losses if we played a solid game, just as our opponent, but they just made one or two better plays to pull out the victory. What's frustrating is that we repeatedly keep shooting ourselves in the foot, and for the most part, have been our own worst enemy. Therefore, it feels like we are not making any real progress...basically the same 'ol song and dance. This squarely puts the onis back on the coaches, and, as long as that's the same constant, why should we expect the results to be any different... :noidea:

Bingo.

The grip to get is that we are poorly coached and it's costing us wins.

But don't take my word for it, take Marrone's - he said as much in the BE conference call yesterday.

One Positive: He admits it.

The first step in solving any problem is admitting you have one.

People need to just forget about last year. It's irrelevant. We are what we are now. If you want to talk about last year, then talk about the whole year. That was a different team. SU is 1 - 3 right now. As someone else said, we probably should be 2-2. Sheesh people. Get a grip.

Definitely, let's forget about last year...

While we're at it, let's forget about this year too.

I think I'll pretend we are undefeated and ranked # 5 in the country... no wait, # 4... definitely #4.

Definitely, let's forget about last year...

While we're at it, let's forget about this year too.

I think I'll pretend we are undefeated and ranked # 5 in the country... no wait, # 4... definitely #4.

The point is, the only thing that matters is now. You can't just pick mid last year as some diff initiate line in the sand. Take the entire body of work, or take what see are now. Anything else is just illogical. It would be like me taking game 2 and game 3 and overlosfofksing 1 and 4. We're one game off from where we probably should be.

The point is, the only thing that matters is now... Take the entire body of work, or take what see are now. Anything else is just illogical.

Illogical? Re-read your words above and talk to me more about illogical...

Body of work?

Let's see we've sucked for the better part of a decade now. Kudos for the 8-5 pinstripe bowl year - it was a nice respite from utter suckitude.

I don't care if the talent has improved, we are more athletic and have more depth.

We're losing winnable games on poor coaching, bad preparation and poor focus/discipline...

Marrone year 4... we still suck...

What was the only thing that matters, again?

The point is, the only thing that matters is now. You can't just pick mid last year as some diff initiate line in the sand. Take the entire body of work, or take what see are now. Anything else is just illogical. It would be like me taking game 2 and game 3 and overlosfofksing 1 and 4. We're one game off from where we probably should be.

I comprehend what you're attempting to argue, however, the dilemma with your (what have you done for me lately) 'only thing that matters is now' philosophy, is that even in the moment, or the here and now...we are still winless (0-3) this year against BCS caliber teams.

unless doug wins 5 i believe he will resign
I don't for a second believe he will resign after this year, even if he doesn't win another game (which I don't believe either). Fired, maybe (but I doubt that too).

I would not put my money on a bowl, however I thought they were just a 6 win team early in the season so 3 early losses even puts that in jeopardy in my mind. I do think some of the reactions after the game were a bit over the top. Anyone who truly thought this was a 8 win team may have been victim to some homer ism. Bad loss, bad start to the season, but I see this team likely winning 4 more games this year.
If they win "4 more games this year" they don't qualify for a bowl. so I'll take that bet!

If they win "4 more games this year" they don't qualify for a bowl. so I'll take that bet!

As I said I would not put my money on a bowl, so not sure what bet you are taking.

best case right now is 6-6. 5-3 is doable .4-8 or 5-7 is probably the most likely result.The northwestern game is the one they should have won,if we are 2-2 the fanbase wouldnt be fearing the worst with coach. Now is not the time to make a change with doug starting to get the recruiting relationships back into a better spot.Count me in the our OOC schedule has been too difficult for rebuilding program,hopefully with us being in the acc we can cut it back slighly to 1 good/storied program,1 stonybrook type and 1 lower division 1 program after next year.according to fbsschedules site we are scheduled to play tulane at home next year is that accurate?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom