2 year season | Syracusefan.com

2 year season

wadegarrett

Walk On
It's been a rough season so far but I still think we can get some upset wins and sneak into the tournament. With that being said, seasons like this can be tough. However, I encourage fellow fans to adopt the way of thinking that I have for this team ...

Next season begins NOW. Its time to sit and enjoy the development of our freshman, sophomores, and juniors. The more they progress this season, the better we will be next season. If they can continue to develop this year, we can do something special next year.

In my opinion, we are going to be for real next year. We will have loads of talent and a great combination of youth and veterans. Our center position is a big question mark, but we only need one guy to step up out of Coleman, Diagne, Chino, and Thomas (hopefully).

Also, an added bonus to this season will be some new hardware for Rak. Go Cuse.

I am still watching and waiting for the light to go on with Kaleb. Like this season next seasons ultimate success and overall ceiling depend mostly on this happening IMO. I've seen small pieces and parts of his game come along but the big picture of being a PG on the college level is still escaping him.

I agree about the center spot being a question mark next year but at the very least we will have multiple options there and more than 5 fouls. It actually could be a strength if DC2 is healthy and Bryant comes to SU.

i think Chris M. will be our starting center opening night.

It wouldn't be too shocking and he did show some nice anticipation and make plays the last couple games when in at the 5, but it would mean Bryant is not at SU and I am firmly in the "he will be at SU camp"

It wouldn't be too shocking and he did show some nice anticipation and make plays the last couple games when in at the 5, but it would mean Bryant is not at SU and I am firmly in the "he will be at SU camp"
If cm5 is at center next year even more reason for bryant to come here . It would show how thin we are at center.

If cm5 is at center next year even more reason for bryant to come here . It would show how thin we are at center.

i dont disagree at all, but i think Bryant will be at Kentucky and Coleman will be off the bench or off the team.
Roberson and G will be the forwards. It wouldnt be the worst thing ever. Still a WAY better team than this year.

i dont disagree at all, but i think Bryant will be at Kentucky and Coleman will be off the bench or off the team.
Roberson and G will be the forwards. It wouldnt be the worst thing ever. Still a WAY better team than this year.

Coleman WILL be on the team next year. He's almost at 100 percent. There's an article about him on S C O U T as of yesterday written by Mcallister. He expects to be starting at the five next year, and has been practicing up to four days in a row. I would not count him out at all

don't want to piss on your parade but just forecasting...
our best player is a senior. gone. 2nd and 3rd best are highly inconsistent juniors who may or may not even start in other programs. the rest of the cast has seen more pine time than actual playing time. we got 2 bigs coming back after major knee injuries (dc2 2 whole yrs). and then toss in your as yet unproven frosh class.i ask is this a rosy scenario ?

Coleman WILL be on the team next year. He's almost at 100 percent. There's an article about him on S C O U T as of yesterday written by Mcallister. He expects to be starting at the five next year, and has been practicing up to four days in a row. I would not count him out at all

I expect he will be healthy to start the season next year although I worry about the knee holding up throughout! I hope for his sake more than my own that it does. Coleman through all his injuries has demonstrated a great attitude and work ethic and still been able to be a great cheerleader for his team mates from the bench. Its admirable and I hope its rewarded by healthy knees and success in life whether on or off the court.

our best player is a senior. gone. 2nd and 3rd best are highly inconsistent juniors who may or may not even start in other programs. the rest of the cast has seen more pine time than actual playing time. we got 2 bigs coming back after major knee injuries (dc2 2 whole yrs). and then toss in your as yet unproven frosh class.i ask is this a rosy scenario ?

Was Christmas consistent last year? Did he not improve?! Also Cooney and Gbinije have been pretty good since about the fifth game this year. You can argue they had an off game here or there, but I'm pretty happy with both of them coming back leading the team next year. When is the last time our top two options on the wing returned?!

Cooney and G might not start in other programs? LOL.

And coming in to last year, we had lost our best player as well...maybe best two or three. And we struggled to a 25-0 start.

Or you could look at it like this:

We actually have the same starting PG coming back for the first time since Scoops senior season. So some continuity there and the expected sophomore leap.

At the wing we have two 5th year players who are proven 3pt shooters (even with the inconsistency) something we may not have had since the Rautins Johnson team.

We will have at least 3 guys who can play center and possibly 5 rather than 1 and a guy who can foul.

We will have a junior forward who played heavy minutes and possibly another coming off injury who was a starter.

We have a pretty versatile class of freshman coming in to form a strong bench even if only a couple are instantly ready.

If Chris comes back we would have 5 returning players who where starters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom