Can we all agree making the tournament at large is the bare minimum expectation this season | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Can we all agree making the tournament at large is the bare minimum expectation this season

Doesn't help that Louisville is projected top-4 ACC finish with a new HC after their last two seasons. Things can turn around that quick in the portal era. Red needs to get it done.
They're great on paper but we'll see what happens. I'm assuming they will gel together but you really don't know.

I have no expectations until we actually see the team play. I dont know how people can be so certain without seeing anything.

I respectfully disagree... partially.

Yes, without seeing them live, real meaningful game time, it's hard to say what to expect. If game 1 opens up and JJ is getting into the lane and scoring at will, Lampkin is rim running and punishing smaller guys on O, Bell is hitting everything inside of 30 feet, etc... of course, up those expectations. I'm with you there. Or, if the opposite happens, tamper them down.

Here are the two things I'd say:

1) I would assume that if we had Duke's roster (or insert any top 10 team's roster), our expectations would be high. Final Four/Elite Eight, etc etc. I don't think you would be waiting to see them play before making that call.

2) My second one is more of being a Syracuse fan at this point ---- at what point is it ok to have expectations of literally just making the tournament? That's it. I get we don't have an all world roster. I get we may only have one NBA guy on this team for this year. I'm not asking for the S16. But at what point is expecting to make the tournament ok before seeing the team play in live games? Truly - because I don't think it's outrageous to expect that this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom