2010 or 2012? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2010 or 2012?

What if you don't have sex (NC/FF) with this girlfriend either.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

Good god man, is it all about sex to you? Can't we just enjoy women for who they are?

;)

Not to be a downer on the 2010 team but to say they were the best team with AO is a stretch. Of their final 7 Big East Games (including the Georgetown Big East Game) Louisville beat us twice and the Georgetown game was over when AO got hurt. We were going to lose that game with AO. We had a 2 game losing streak heading in to the NCAA tournament.

In the NCAA tournament, Louisville lost by 14 in the first round to California and Georgetown got blown out by 14 seed Ohio in the first round. Not stellar performances and maybe a sign the Big East was very overrated that year.

The 2010 team was good but the argument that they were the best team if AO had been available has no proof behind it. There is a lot of conjuncture in that argument. Would they have had a better chance to defeat Butler with AO, probably, but no guarantee they would have won the title. Michigan State made the final four (and lost to Butler) without their best player int he tournament. It would have been nice to see us play at full strength but the facts are we lost in the sweet 16 game. Butler's game plan was brilliant in terms of playing defense against us, very similar to what Louisville had done to us twice.

What UL and GU did in the tourney was meaningless. We handled UVM easily and throttled a pretty good Gonzaga team in round 2, so the 2 game losing streak you alluded to was long gone by the time Butler rolled around. There is no doubt in my mind that with RJ and a healthy AO, we give Butler way more than they can handle on the inside. Keep in mind, AO was a very good low-post offensive player, RJ was the complement that year, but he was forced to take the lead when AO went down and we didn't have the one-two punch.

Do we have to pick one? This is like the age old question, who do you rather bang, Jessica Alba or Megan Fox. You're rediculously happy with either one!

Both of these teams are two of my three favorite teams (of course 2003 being #1). I do hope going forward we have these type of conversations on a yearly basis because that would mean we're the #1/#2/#3 team every single year!

The reason I will assert that we would have won the championship with AO has to do with our substitution patterns from that year. We would open the game with AO and Rick out there, but if Rick got off to a slow start, he would get yanked before the 16min media timeout for either kjo or a guard, moving wes to the 4. In the Butler game, Rick had one of his slow starts, but JB had to leave him in because Riley was such a step down at center. While Rick and AO were one of the best big men combos in the country, they actually spent relatively little time on the court together towards the end of the season.

The reason I will assert that we would have won the championship with AO has to do with our substitution patterns from that year. We would open the game with AO and Rick out there, but if Rick got off to a slow start, he would get yanked before the 16min media timeout for either kjo or a guard, moving wes to the 4. In the Butler game, Rick had one of his slow starts, but JB had to leave him in because Riley was such a step down at center. While Rick and AO were one of the best big men combos in the country, they actually spent relatively little time on the court together towards the end of the season.

But Riley did sub in for Jackson. In fact, he played well, racked up a nice plus-minus, and left for the last time when we still had the lead.

Another bit of misremembering, regarding the claim that there was a lot of "bad Scoop" in 2010: that doesn't jibe with what we saw in every game that year, nor is it backed up by the statistics (http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/36584/scoop-jardine). Syracuse was careless with the ball that season, but he wasn't the culprit.

But Riley did sub in for Jackson. In fact, he played well, racked up a nice plus-minus, and left for the last time when we still had the lead.

Another bit of misremembering, regarding the claim that there was a lot of "bad Scoop" in 2010: that doesn't jibe with what we saw in every game that year, nor is it backed up by the statistics (http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/36584/scoop-jardine). Syracuse was careless with the ball that season, but he wasn't the culprit.
yep, Scoops 2010 season was excellent. He had a tough time last year, but he has really rebounded nicely. I think his 2010 and 2012 seasons should be remembered as among the very best of SU point guards all time. General20 noted in another thread today that, outside of Pearl, Sherman and Autry, you really can't think of any who had two years better than Scoop has.

yep, Scoops 2010 season was excellent. He had a tough time last year, but he has really rebounded nicely. I think his 2010 and 2012 seasons should be remembered as among the very best of SU point guards all time. General20 noted in another thread today that, outside of Pearl, Sherman and Autry, you really can't think of any who had two years better than Scoop has.

I can't, either. I'd like to say Z's 1996 was better, but I've recently watched a handful of games from that year and he just wasn't nearly as well-rounded as Scoop (despite his tremendous floor vision).

Some fans will associate him with how bad he was last year. Simply put he is not a primary scoring option, and last year he had to be. But I'll agree with that, he's been one of the best PG's in school history, and since I've been a fan (1998) he's probably been the best. I was/still am a huge Edelin guy and thought he woulda been special for 4 years, unfortunately that didn't work out.

Scoop was awesome in 2010. Not sure if the stats back me up, but i think he was at his best that year. He just seemed quicker and more explosive. Even though hes played great this year hes lost a step or 2 from 2 years ago.

Scoop was awesome in 2010. Not sure if the stats back me up, but i think he was at his best that year. He just seemed quicker and more explosive. Even though hes played great this year hes lost a step or 2 from 2 years ago.

I agree. He looked heavy last year, and he still doesn't appear to be as quick or fit as he was in 2010 (though he's having a very nice year).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom