2012 Scheduling News? | Syracusefan.com

2012 Scheduling News?

ljmilman

Scout Team
Rich Cimini, SU Alum and ESPNNewYork writer (covers the NY Jets) tweeted:

Rich Cimini @RichCimini
College FB scheduling news: Stony Brook travels to @SyracuseU on Sept. 12. I root for SB, but bleed Orange.

Not sure if this is legit...seems strange because that falls on a Wednesday, but...

Looks like we've found our one (hopefully only one) FCS game for next year.

Rich Cimini @RichCimini
College FB scheduling news: Stony Brook travels to @SyracuseU on Sept. 12. I root for SB, but bleed Orange.

Rich Cimini @RichCimini

assuming not real but who knows..

Wow, just saw that too. Didn't realize that was a Wednesday. Gotta be a typo right...can't play 4 days after U$C @ the Meadowlands

Looks like we've found our one (hopefully only one) FCS game for next year.

Rich Cimini @RichCimini
That must be 2013. Cuse is playing USC on 9/8 which is a Saturday. I doubt they are going to play 4 days later.

Well one down two to go. Not a bad 1aa we might even see 3-400 Stony Brook fans which would triple what a few BE teams bring.

Wonderful. That's our FCS game and lets hope the only one.

Yeah, looks like a typo on the original tweet. Should be 9/15

9/12/2013 is a Thursday.

We have an opening for 9/15 this year.

Keeping it in NY is exactly what SU needed to do with this, especially being downstate.

I wonder if scheduling Stony Brook (maybe the only semi-legit college football team on LI since Hofstra terminated their program) is a plot to continue growing the SU brand on Long Island (as an extension of NYC)

9/12/2013 is a Thursday.

We have an opening for 9/15 this year.

You would think they wouldn't schedule this until they have the better teams scheduled in case they need the 9/15 date.

You would think they wouldn't schedule this until they have the better teams scheduled in case they need the 9/15 date.

Unless Stony Brook IS the better team. :D

Stony Brook plays in the Big South Conference.

This is a GREAT tune-up for our future ACC slate.

In 2010 they traveled to USF.

Last year they played UTEP and Buffalo.

Stony Brook also won their last 9 regular season games last year and lost in the 2nd round of the FCS playoffs to #1 Sam Houston State.

Rich Cimini, SU Alum and ESPNNewYork writer (covers the NY Jets) tweeted:

Rich Cimini @RichCimini

Not sure if this is legit...seems strange because that falls on a Wednesday, but...
StonyBrook has talent, a lot of their players wanted to go D1 and hoped for an SU offer. They will be ready to play...this is going to be a dangerous game.

That being said, good job filling one of the 3 open slots on the schedule. Let's hope the other 2 get filled soon.

Tom come on. I realize they have a good team but if SBrook gives us fits we are in major trouble next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom