2012 Scheduling News? | Syracusefan.com

2012 Scheduling News?

ljmilman

Scout Team
Rich Cimini, SU Alum and ESPNNewYork writer (covers the NY Jets) tweeted:

Rich Cimini @RichCimini
College FB scheduling news: Stony Brook travels to @SyracuseU on Sept. 12. I root for SB, but bleed Orange.

Not sure if this is legit...seems strange because that falls on a Wednesday, but...

Looks like we've found our one (hopefully only one) FCS game for next year.

Rich Cimini @RichCimini
College FB scheduling news: Stony Brook travels to @SyracuseU on Sept. 12. I root for SB, but bleed Orange.

Rich Cimini @RichCimini

assuming not real but who knows..

Wow, just saw that too. Didn't realize that was a Wednesday. Gotta be a typo right...can't play 4 days after U$C @ the Meadowlands

Looks like we've found our one (hopefully only one) FCS game for next year.

Rich Cimini @RichCimini
That must be 2013. Cuse is playing USC on 9/8 which is a Saturday. I doubt they are going to play 4 days later.

Well one down two to go. Not a bad 1aa we might even see 3-400 Stony Brook fans which would triple what a few BE teams bring.

Wonderful. That's our FCS game and lets hope the only one.

Yeah, looks like a typo on the original tweet. Should be 9/15

9/12/2013 is a Thursday.

We have an opening for 9/15 this year.

Keeping it in NY is exactly what SU needed to do with this, especially being downstate.

I wonder if scheduling Stony Brook (maybe the only semi-legit college football team on LI since Hofstra terminated their program) is a plot to continue growing the SU brand on Long Island (as an extension of NYC)

9/12/2013 is a Thursday.

We have an opening for 9/15 this year.

You would think they wouldn't schedule this until they have the better teams scheduled in case they need the 9/15 date.

You would think they wouldn't schedule this until they have the better teams scheduled in case they need the 9/15 date.

Unless Stony Brook IS the better team. :D

Stony Brook plays in the Big South Conference.

This is a GREAT tune-up for our future ACC slate.

In 2010 they traveled to USF.

Last year they played UTEP and Buffalo.

Stony Brook also won their last 9 regular season games last year and lost in the 2nd round of the FCS playoffs to #1 Sam Houston State.

Rich Cimini, SU Alum and ESPNNewYork writer (covers the NY Jets) tweeted:

Rich Cimini @RichCimini

Not sure if this is legit...seems strange because that falls on a Wednesday, but...
StonyBrook has talent, a lot of their players wanted to go D1 and hoped for an SU offer. They will be ready to play...this is going to be a dangerous game.

That being said, good job filling one of the 3 open slots on the schedule. Let's hope the other 2 get filled soon.

Tom come on. I realize they have a good team but if SBrook gives us fits we are in major trouble next year.