2013 Maui Field | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2013 Maui Field

Aren't we suppose to be playing USC home and home sometime?.

Hope not anymore. That was briefly mentioned the TGD as part of the home and home with USC in football. Our "home" got moved to NJ so I hope we don't still give them the honor of playing a top 10 team at their place. Tell them they can still come to the Dome and we'll play also play them in Las Vegas.

Doesn't jump out as a stellar lineup obviously, but two years is a long time in college hoops, hard to know what all these programs will look like then. From that group of 6, there may be a decent chance that 2 or 3 of them are at least tournament caliber and that SU gets a crack at 1 or 2 of them.

From that group of 6, there may be a decent chance that 2 or 3 of them are at least tournament caliber and that SU gets a crack at 1 or 2 of them.

If it really is Gonzaga instead of Georgia, I'd think 4-5 of them could at least be bubble teams.

Hope not anymore. That was briefly mentioned the TGD as part of the home and home with USC in football. Our "home" got moved to NJ so I hope we don't still give them the honor of playing a top 10 team at their place. Tell them they can still come to the Dome and we'll play also play them in Las Vegas.

That would be one of the greatest SU road trips of all time. Cuse in Vegas, Baby!!!

Ahhh, one can dream....

If it really is Gonzaga instead of Georgia, I'd think 4-5 of them could at least be bubble teams.

It really is Gonzaga. Check the link in post #11 in this thread.

Gonzaga looks like they might be really good. Kevin Pangos is a really good looking freshman point guard. Baylor could also be really good.

If the draw goes well we could get a couple of really good non-conference games out of this thing.

There were a lot of logistical problems this year. Not only does Duke categorically refuse to play D-2 schools, but the organizers tried to avoid 1st-round match-ups that occur during the regular season: For example, Memphis plays Tennessee and Georgetown in December.

That doesn't seem right to me. I appreciate that they only want to play D-I schools (and think Syracuse should, too), but then they shouldn't get the privilege of playing in an attractive early-season tournament. Maui shouldn't invite schools who won't "stoop" to playing the host. It's insulting.

Horrendous. The proliferation of pre-season events is diluting everything.

Anyone see the field for this year's Alaska Shootout? Dartmouth, San Fran, UC Irvine, etc...

Alaska Shootout is a shell of itself...didn't the OCONUS rule scuttle it?

Alaska Shootout is a shell of itself...didn't the OCONUS rule scuttle it?

I was seriously thinking about making the 4 hour drive to check it out.. But that line up is horrible. I can watch D2 basketball up here in fairbanks

I was seriously thinking about making the 4 hour drive to check it out.. But that line up is horrible. I can watch D2 basketball up here in fairbanks

Instead go to the Alaska Bush Company for more entertainment

Instead go to the Alaska Bush Company for more entertainment

haha I had never heard of that place before. Might have to round the boys up and head south!

haha I had never heard of that place before. Might have to round the boys up and head south!

Yes...NSFW

Never been but I heard the stories from crew-members laying over in Alaska
Basically from late May to late August it is world class..during the colder weather not so much.

Hope we don't play Arkansas. They have Mike Anderson now who runs full-court press the entire game. We all know how good we do against teams who ball pressure us.

jeesh, thats bad. why no kentucky or duke or ohio state. What.

jeesh, thats bad. why no kentucky or duke or ohio state. What.
They're not going to have Duke play this year and again in 2013.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom