2013 Non Conference Slate | Syracusefan.com

2013 Non Conference Slate

Chris02M

Football Schedule Maven
anyone hear anything on which FCS team will be coming to the Carrier Dome this year to lose? As we still lack 1 non conference game and the acc schedule is due to be released early next month so i figure they should be close to finalizing it.

Im not so sure that we go fcs here. If we schedule a lower level bcs team like buffalo or a nice name program like army we would get alot of positive press for our occ schedule.

Plus having fcs schools on the schedule isn't hard nosed and therefore doesnt fit at SU.

we have scheduled 1 for how many years in a row?? with penn state and northwestern on the schedule it wouldnt hurt to schedule a softer fcs team to go with tulane

Yeah but Stony Brook is just as tough as Army...if giving the choice take Army with a 1 n 1...or better yet a low level MAC team like Akron willing to play a 2 for 1.

there are not a lot of teams with spot to fill that arent fcs and who said stonybrook there are other fcs teams.

Most teams have their 2013 non-conference football schedules set, but there are eight teams that still need one game: Duke, Syracuse, Wake Forest(sounds there there playing ODU as there last game), Marshall, Tulane(sounds like there playing fcs), BYU(sounds like there full now), Missouri, and Texas State(got a game scheduled but with the 2 sunbelt teams joining the cusa a yr early all sunbelt teams need a game now

http://www.fbschedules.com/2013/01/2013-college-football-schedule-teams-need-non-conference-games/

We're still one win away from tying Colgate in the all-time series. We ought to play them a couple more times - unless the Hoodoo is back. (Now who doesn't know what that was?)

I think Colgate gets on the schedule in a few years once Colgate qualifies as a counter. Patriot League teams are adding scholie players in a 4 year phase in.

I prefer BCS level teams, but if we schedule upper echelon FCS teams, I can live with it. Upper echelon FCS teams don't hurt the SOS.

fcs or a sunbelt team please and hopefully place it before the clemson or fsu game

so really unless we want to get marshall or byu (which be awesome), were def going FCS... dont see missou and the other teams are ACC

byu wants home game this yr and it sounds like they just filled up there schedule

only teams left available for games as of now are: mizzou plus every sunbelt team except troy

anyone hear anything on which FCS team will be coming to the Carrier Dome this year to lose? As we still lack 1 non conference game and the acc schedule is due to be released early next month so i figure they should be close to finalizing it.

UConn?

you would think so.also would like to know when the tulane game date is going to be

only teams left available for games as of now are: mizzou plus every sunbelt team except troy
Agreed...http://www.fbschedules.com/2013/01/...-teams-that-need-non-conference-games-jan-22/

Marshall and UCF off the board. Of the SunBelt teams...I like Texas State for a one and done. I'd look at Georgia St for a 2 and 1. Can't hurt to play a game in Atlanta. I wish Mizzou would just return a game to Cuse...we could return the check.

For the question below...Schedule expected to be out within 2 weeks

Mizzou has probably has enough of us - they got banged up pretty badly in that game.

Let's just go all in and schedule Western Michigan. Too incestual?

mattsarz found some su scheduling news in this sujuiceonline.com article.
http://sujuiceonline.com/2013/01/27...use-football-schedule-for-several-more-weeks/
Obviously, the ACC will dictate the dates and times of league games with TV partners ESPN and Raycom, expected the second week of February.

“We don’t want a road game (from the ACC) that third week (Sept. 14), and that has effected who we’ve spoken with about getting a home game.”
Syracuse already has Tulane set for a home game on Sept. 21, week four

mattsarz found some su scheduling news in this sujuiceonline.com article.
http://sujuiceonline.com/2013/01/27...use-football-schedule-for-several-more-weeks/
Obviously, the ACC will dictate the dates and times of league games with TV partners ESPN and Raycom, expected the second week of February.

“We don’t want a road game (from the ACC) that third week (Sept. 14), and that has effected who we’ve spoken with about getting a home game.”
Syracuse already has Tulane set for a home game on Sept. 21, week four

September 14th better be a home game versus a beatable team. I'd rather play a Sunbelt team than a 1AA. Look for the game to kickoff after sunset for Yom Kippur.

if its acc it better be wake forest not clemson (other home acc teams are already booked on 9/14) so wake forest,sunbelt or fcs hopefully for 9/14. i have did a complete acc mock schedule with the latest news included .

heres what i came up with:
Penn State
@Northwestern
TBD FCS/Sunbelt
Tulane
@florida state
Wake Forest
BYE
Clemson
BYE
@nc state(would of been a week earlier but nc state requests a bye that week)
@georgia tech
Pittsburgh
@maryland
Boston College