2014 Dome Attendance Spike? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2014 Dome Attendance Spike?

One more winning season isn't going to change the fact that for a single game and what many view as good seats, it costs $600 for a family of 4., As to the record in the previous 8 years, you left out the 16-20 the prior 3. It's been an 11 year run.

I am not in a position to judge the pricing but I agree it is a question of what you get or your money. Some combination of better product and/or better pricing certainly seems reasonable.

I am not in a position to judge the pricing but I agree it is a question of what you get or your money. Some combination of better product and/or better pricing certainly seems reasonable.

Yep, it will take both.

One more winning season isn't going to change the fact that for a single game and what many view as good seats, it costs $600 for a family of 4.
With the exception of the games vs FSU and Clemson...every game should have some seats dedicated to a 4 for $44 special. First come first serve!!! Then a few days out if lots of seats still unsold...again package them up in a 4 for $44 deal! Just get people inside the damn building at any cost

I know its a running joke but can we finally end the raking leaves nonsense. That originated from some poster joking about it years ago under Grob and he wasnt even serious.

It didn't really spike after either Pinstripe Bowl win. Don't see it having a spike after this.

The FSU game will be sold out. If Bridgewater stays that game will be sold out. Every other game will be "typical" SU home games.

Even if Bridgewater stayed (hes not) I see little chance that game would sell out, 5% might be generous.

Even if Bridgewater stayed (hes not) I see little chance that game would sell out, 5% might be generous.
depends on where they are ranked at the time of the game. If he stays they are a Top 5 team possibly

I tend to agree that FSU will sellout, but I dont know if I will fully believe in an FSU sellout until I see it.

The Clemson push was about as big as I have ever seen and there were still a decent number of seats avail.

I almost feel like we need 2 or 3 things working at the same time for FSU to sellout...like the FSU name, PLUS a legitimate chance we can win that game...

Bingo, people saying the FSU and Lville games will be automatic sellouts aren't being realistic and are caught up in a great bowl win. As you noted SU pushed hard as I have seen them in a long time for Clemson and we were still thousands away from a sell out.

It's not the only answer. A big part of the problem is marketing and is pricing. I know plenty of people who would go to more games if they didn't have to spend hundreds to take the family. The pricing and donation structure has to be revamped.
There are plenty of good seats that don't require a donation and concession prices are not out of line.

depends on where they are ranked at the time of the game. If he stays they are a Top 5 team possibly

Wouldnt matter, they were #9 and undefeated two years ago when we played them later in the year and we were nowhere in the neighborhood of a sell out. Only game that has a remote chance of a sellout is FSU and even that isnt a lock.

Wouldnt matter, they were #9 and undefeated two years ago when we played them later in the year and we were nowhere in the neighborhood of a sell out. Only game that has a remote chance of a sellout is FSU and even that isnt a lock.
But Bridgewater wasn't "BRIDGEWATER" then either. Now he is a superstar. IF he stayed and they were ranked high...it would be a different story this time

It's hard to believe that we have not started a season 3-0 since 1991.

But Bridgewater wasn't "BRIDGEWATER" then either. Now he is a superstar. IF he stayed and they were ranked high...it would be a different story this time

I get what your saying but trust me it wont matter, casual local fans could care less about Bridgewater.

You're right. The MetLife deal does hurt Dome attendance. A conscious decision was made on that. That's why I laugh at people who complain about Dome attendance.
Have been to the last two MetLife games and I agree that these big games should be played in the Dome. How many Metro NY/NJ recruits have committed to the Cuse in the last two years? Not many and we seem like the visiting team. PSU had 70% of the crowd and ND will have the same.

I still find it ironic that the dome is a pretty bad place from a viewing perspective to see a basketball game, but they pack the place out, and it's a GREAT place to see a football game, and they can't pay people to see a game there. Odd.

With the exception of the games vs FSU and Clemson...every game should have some seats dedicated to a 4 for $44 special. First come first serve!!! Then a few days out if lots of seats still unsold...again package them up in a 4 for $44 deal! Just get people inside the damn building at any cost

That 4 for $44 was only for end zone seats. They can't do that for the sideline seats.

There are plenty of good seats that don't require a donation and concession prices are not out of line.

All seats in the Dome are pretty good. But only past the 20's are non donation. Many people don't view end zone seats as good and even if we sold every end zone seat doesn't change the 10000 unsold on the sidelines.

I still find it ironic that the dome is a pretty bad place from a viewing perspective to see a basketball game, but they pack the place out, and it's a GREAT place to see a football game, and they can't pay people to see a game there. Odd.

Well 30 years of success plus cheaper tix will do that.

I know its a running joke but can we finally end the raking leaves nonsense. That originated from some poster joking about it years ago under Grob and he wasnt even serious.
I think it started as a joke and resonates here due to the fact we're all hardcore fans. To the casual fan, a day of raking leaves really may take precedent.

I get what your saying but trust me it wont matter, casual local fans could care less about Bridgewater.

Or Louisville.

They're just not a football name as far as the common local fan is concerned.

There isn't a better bargain in town. Truth is, if you don't buy the kids a boatload of food at the Dome, it's dirt cheap to go to the games if you don't mind sitting in the end zones. And frankly those are great seats.

Exactly right. The people we are talking about couldn't even name the teams in the ACC.

There isn't a better bargain in town. Truth is, if you don't buy the kids a boatload of food at the Dome, it's dirt cheap to go to the games if you don't mind sitting in the end zones. And frankly those are great seats.

All I know is that I bought season tickets because I thought it was a real bargain. I thought I would be able to make 3 or 4 games and I wanted to support the program as well as lock in decent seats for the future. I was only able to make it to Tulane and Pitt. (I did sell my Clemson tickets at face value.)

I made it to PSU, MD and NC State so 5 out of 13 games was not so bad living 600 miles away.

But I don't have kids to feed so I am a bit different that Bees example.

I would add that I now have about ten family members including my two young nephews and their dad that we are bringing to the ND game next year. So, I have a different take on MetLife games. As they say, where you stand depends on where you sit.

Marketing to families as well as pricing has to be more fan friendly. Most of us that even know about this board are die hards. We know season tickets can be a great deal as well as when they run the 4 for $44 deals. We need to get the casual fan to come out one day at a time. The pricing structure with the donations added to single game tickets is nuts. To sit on the 25yd line cost $120 a seat! $150 to sit on the 50yd line in the 300 level! When a casual dad punches up 4 tickets on ticketmaster it's an absolute deal breaker. A ticket to a Syracuse football game is not that reasonable for a casual fan. The donation structure needs to be looked at hard in my opinion. If you want families and high school kids to show up,you'll need to run a ticket special to every game to get them in the door.

Marketing to families as well as pricing has to be more fan friendly. Most of us that even know about this board are die hards. We know season tickets can be a great deal as well as when they run the 4 for $44 deals. We need to get the casual fan to come out one day at a time. The pricing structure with the donations added to single game tickets is nuts. To sit on the 25yd line cost $120 a seat! $150 to sit on the 50yd line in the 300 level! When a casual dad punches up 4 tickets on ticketmaster it's an absolute deal breaker. A ticket to a Syracuse football game is not that reasonable for a casual fan. The donation structure needs to be looked at hard in my opinion. If you want families and high school kids to show up,you'll need to run a ticket special to every game to get them in the door.

Exactly. Like I said in another post, not everyone thinks the end zone is a great seat (I don't) and even if the end zones were pretty full, it'd still be low attendance if we don't do something about the sideline seats.

So, what do you think a season ticket and a single game ticket should cost?

Should they use dynamic game pricing based on demand?