2014 Dome Attendance Spike? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2014 Dome Attendance Spike?

bnoro said:
Glad to see our quarterly attendance thread, and see that the main points have been touched on.

Hey man, just you wait until we sellout against FSU and...

Hold on...

Sellout?!

Bwahahahahahahaha

Ok, carry on.

So, what do you think a season ticket and a single game ticket should cost?

Should they use dynamic game pricing based on demand?

Dynamic game pricing is a great idea. It's used in lots of major sports venues today. They do it for baseball here in Pittsburgh all the time. I'm sure most people get that if you want to sit on the 40 or 50 your going to have to pay more. The rest of the dome should be priced more family friendly. They're going to make it up in food and drink any way.

I think we can average a little over 40k. We averaged 38,277 this season. Part of me doesn't want to see an attendance spike, though. I'm tired of being told to sit down by the elderly.

Dynamic game pricing is a great idea. It's used in lots of major sports venues today. They do it for baseball here in Pittsburgh all the time. I'm sure most people get that if you want to sit on the 40 or 50 your going to have to pay more. The rest of the dome should be priced more family friendly. They're going to make it up in food and drink any way.

I would definitely be interested in seeing dynamic pricing, although I'm sure they'd worry about season ticket holders feeling like they're overpaying for lesser games.

Marketing to families as well as pricing has to be more fan friendly. Most of us that even know about this board are die hards. We know season tickets can be a great deal as well as when they run the 4 for $44 deals. We need to get the casual fan to come out one day at a time. The pricing structure with the donations added to single game tickets is nuts. To sit on the 25yd line cost $120 a seat! $150 to sit on the 50yd line in the 300 level! When a casual dad punches up 4 tickets on ticketmaster it's an absolute deal breaker. A ticket to a Syracuse football game is not that reasonable for a casual fan. The donation structure needs to be looked at hard in my opinion. If you want families and high school kids to show up,you'll need to run a ticket special to every game to get them in the door.
any snob in good seats that cries that someone is sitting near them who didn't donate as much needs to get taken out behind the woodshed.

empty seats on airplanes have lower prices too, no outrage about that.

if you paid a lot to get a seat, that money is sunk whether or not anyone else sitting around you gets a better deal. people need to forget about what they already sunk into their seats and try to get some butts in the seats

More night games. They seem to draw better. A lot of my age friends have kids who have games Saturday afternoons and can't make the SU games. But they'd like to.
Thats all dictated by tv now- I'd prefer night games as well as I am right in the middle of kids' activities.

Would only work in the end zones which are already cheap. They pro rate the required donation into the cost of sideline tix when selling them as single game. That's why you see the price of tickets from $75 or so to $150 per game.

any snob in good seats that cries that someone is sitting near them who didn't donate as much needs to get taken out behind the woodshed.

empty seats on airplanes have lower prices too, no outrage about that.

if you paid a lot to get a seat, that money is sunk whether or not anyone else sitting around you gets a better deal. people need to forget about what they already sunk into their seats and try to get some butts in the seats

Not going to work. Again, the answer is always stick it to the donors if we can't find the right way to do something. I thought you were against taxing the rich to support the poor.

With bowl win, Shafer's outstanding local PR, positive recruiting news, ACC effect, Jameis Winston coming to town and apparent love for Terrel Hunt, will we average over 40,000 or 45,000?

I don't think it will be that much, but I do expect a "spike" [i.e., a marked increase]. Bowl team + lots of returning starters + established QB + promise of another winning season will induce some casual fans to get onboard.

I don't think it will be that much, but I do expect a "spike" [i.e., a marked increase]. Bowl team + lots of returning starters + established QB + promise of another winning season will induce some casual fans to get onboard.

No doubt attendance will go up next year. It's all a matter of how much. A 5% increase would be good IMO.

Not going to work. Again, the answer is always stick it to the donors if we can't find the right way to do something. I thought you were against taxing the rich to support the poor.
This is not a very smart post. It's not sticking it to the donors. They paid a donation for those seats and they still get those seats. Having someone sit next to you who paid less doesn't change that. You must be real fun to sit next to on a plane. HOW MUCH DID YOU PAY FOR THAT SEAT? IT BETTER BE AS MUCH AS ME

There isn't a better bargain in town. Truth is, if you don't buy the kids a boatload of food at the Dome, it's dirt cheap to go to the games if you don't mind sitting in the end zones. And frankly those are great seats.

Exactly. The Dome is really built for football, and all the seats are great. You are right on top of the action. I don't think this is emphasized enough in the marketing.

This is not a very smart post. It's not sticking it to the donors. They paid a donation for those seats and they still get those seats. Having someone sit next to you who paid less doesn't change that. You must be real fun to sit next to on a plane. HOW MUCH DID YOU PAY FOR THAT SEAT? IT BETTER BE AS MUCH AS ME

No comparison between a one time flight and people donating 100's if not 1000's over and above the ticket price. On a plane I sometimes get the cheaper seat. Silly comparison. You must be a liberal.

No comparison between a one time flight and people donating 100's if not 1000's over and above the ticket price. On a plane I sometimes get the cheaper seat. Silly comparison. You must be a liberal.
it's a better comparison than the tax code.

golf clubs change their initiation fees with declining membership. but bees wants the course all to himself for no good reason, so there's nothing we can do

your choices are make a big donation and sit by yourself or make a big donation and sit by other people who waited and got a better deal. who cares? it doesn't cost you anything. your attitude is petty.

it's a better comparison than the tax code.

golf clubs change their initiation fees with declining membership. but bees wants the course all to himself for no good reason, so there's nothing we can do

your choices are make a big donation and sit by yourself or make a big donation and sit by other people who waited and got a better deal. who cares? it doesn't cost you anything. your attitude is petty.

Or, like many others have also suggested or agreed with in the other 99 threads on the topic...redo the whole structure.

Hey, you can have these seats today for just a small donation of $500 per seat, but if you wait until tomorrow, you can have them for $44. Your idea is dumb. If someone wants a cheap seat they can go sit in the end zone all year for $99.

you have a dozen choices in what you pay for a seat in the dome for football.. donation levels cant be taken at face value as its also a tax right off. you can guarantee a seat at the 50 with one price and a donation and then have a choice of what level. you can get that seat later with no donation if its available. you can also hope to stub hub it even later . you can sit in the 300 level with no donation or pay more the more to the middle you move. there is so little difference in the upperdeck between what you get from the 5 and the 50 its not worth the several hundred more to me, but for some it is. if you perceive more value then you cant complain that it costs more.

on the other hand i also think they should be working harder at getting more people in the middle where the cameras show the crowd. look at all the bowl games and you see how the colored seats make it seem fuller. we dont have that and perception of empty is bad.

Or, like many others have also suggested or agreed with in the other 99 threads on the topic...redo the whole structure.

Hey, you can have these seats today for just a small donation of $500 per seat, but if you wait until tomorrow, you can have them for $44. Your idea is dumb. If someone wants a cheap seat they can go sit in the end zone all year for $99.
except if you wait the seat may not be there.. when demand was higher it was gone.. hopefully some day that demand comes back. how much do they have to change prices to draw enough people in to make it worth it revenue wise? the way things are run up there who knows what they are thinking about. they have never surveyed me for what price makes me happy and probably not many others either.

So, what do you think a season ticket and a single game ticket should cost?

Should they use dynamic game pricing based on demand?

yes. every stadium should.

that's what's happening now!

newsflash bees. no one wants the expensive seats. but we have to keep them expensive so that you'll feel better about what you've already spent.

Would only work in the end zones which are already cheap. They pro rate the required donation into the cost of sideline tix when selling them as single game. That's why you see the price of tickets from $75 or so to $150 per game.

its pretty simple though... you have to take out the required donation (on top level) to build up the fan base again.

this should have been done in 2004 or 2005.

that's what's happening now!

newsflash bees. no one wants the expensive seats. but we have to keep them expensive so that you'll feel better about what you've already spent.

Until every non donation seat is sold for every game, there is no need to even consider your silly idea. You talk like only the donation seats sit empty. And a news flash for you is that the donations aren't keeping anyone out if the dome. That's why your other comparisons are stupid. Anyone can go to any game on the cheap. That's not the problem.

Thats all dictated by tv now- I'd prefer night games as well as I am right in the middle of kids' activities.

So statesman do you still get seasons tickets or just buy singles as needed? I think the Food Stamp tickets would be ideal for your situation. The Tops Club section looks great if your kids qualify.

As an aside and just a general comment about how society is evolving

Most of us who grew up in the 60s-70s didn't have too many kids activities (little league, girls or boy scouts) and parents didn't have to feel compelled to be at every event. It is ok to miss a game or two IMHO.

its pretty simple though... you have to take out the required donation (on top level) to build up the fan base again.

this should have been done in 2004 or 2005.

Exactly. Don't know if it should be zero or if the lower level should be left alone, but we have to significantly reduce things, slowly build interest back up as we win more and get more people in the seats including new donors and keeping current ones. Then when we get to where we need to be, slowly start increasing the cost as they do every year now.

Until every non donation seat is sold for every game, there is no need to even consider your silly idea.

our pricing people must wake up every morning thanking their lucky stars that somewhere on the internet exists a man who might be worse at this stuff than they are.