2014 Uniforms | Syracusefan.com

2014 Uniforms

bnoro

Lurker
A little birdie who claims to have close ties to the Syracuse football team says, “I’m being told 100% that there will be a complete overhaul of the uniform, including new pants, jerseys (including an alternate), and helmet.” None of this is verified yet.

from http://www.uni-watch.com/2014/01/21/uni-watch-news-ticker-for-january-21-2014/

PS. Please don't let this devolve into a pissing match about blue.

According to Uni Watch...

A little birdie who claims to have close ties to the Syracuse football team says, “I’m being told 100% that there will be a complete overhaul of the uniform, including new pants, jerseys (including an alternate), and helmet.”

Link

According to Uni Watch...

Can we "overhaul" back to this please...
large_mcnabb%2Bsu%2Bphoto.jpg

I can't lie I have bombarded Dr. Gross numerous times about the lack of Orange in our uniforms. While I know I am not the reason why they are changing them I am glad he has decided to clean them up. I don't care if they keep the blue as long as more Orange is added. With the addition of a new alternate uniform the odds are we will likely have an Orange top for the first time in 8 years which is great.

Anything but the stupid faded helmets. I'm all for crazy uniforms ie. Oregon/Baylor but that was just ugly.

I'm skeptical of the "complete overhaul" bit, too. Don't see why they'd abandon the partial redesign they've already started. I'm expecting some of the things we've already been mentioning all year (orange jersey, etc.).

Doubt that a complete overhaul will be a return to a classic SU look. I'm fine with a modern look and variations as long as orange is the featured color.

They need it, too much mix and match these days. Either stay classic or completely blow it up but combining the two is the worst. I know there will be panties in knots but one or the other. I don't care either way but go down one road or the other

Can we please stop with the DMcnabb era stuff? We might as well revert back to the oversized pads and midrift showing jerseys as well. The kids like the pro-combat stuff. What we need is to make our orange, highlighter orange. Think seahawks jersey, except for neon green, its neon orange. We need to use the orange the same way that Oregon uses their green. It would look sick.

The recruiting is going well, IPF is going to get built, chatter about a new stadium, new jerseys, amazing first year in the ACC, its good to be orange folks.

Can we "overhaul" back to this please...

I consider myself a traditionalist and love the 80's uni's. But I was surprised at how much last year's uni's "grew" on me. While I'd never turn away an 80's retro redesign, I am open to the idea of a complete and total redesign with a modern twist. My only three requirements are:
  1. NO CHROME. I don't want to see Orange/Blue chrome accents on the helmets or uni
  2. Must contain Orange and Blue
  3. For it not to be a shared design... IE/ shoulder stripe uni's from early 2000's that were shared with VaTech and others...