2015-2017 NFL drafts SU will only have 1 player we recruited drafted | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2015-2017 NFL drafts SU will only have 1 player we recruited drafted

1. McNabb: Coach P
2. Nassib: Robinson
3. Dungey: Shafer

Look! No Marrone!

Whatever you do a good job attacking what you disagree with and never giving an opinion.

I think you know my position. Shafer was a terrible hire and is a big reason why the program is the position we are in now. There are you happy.

HCSS had 14 wins in 3 seasons and was dismissed. My question to you is how many wins do you believe HCDB will have in 3 seasons? If HCDB has less than 15 wins in 3 seasons will his hire be questioned or will any program failures always relate backwards to HCSS? In your mind, how long does HCDB have until its his program and we judge his W-L record without any built-in excuses for lack of performance in the win column? Year 3, Year4, or when?

HCSS had 14 wins in 3 seasons and was dismissed. My question to you is how many wins do you believe HCDB will have in 3 seasons? If HCDB has less than 15 wins in 3 seasons will his hire be questioned or will any program failures always relate backwards to HCSS? In your mind, how long does HCDB have until its his program and we judge his W-L record without any built-in excuses for lack of performance in the win column? Year 3, Year4, or when?
I've said it seemingly a million times; a new coach probably needs a good 5 years to get things going. Especially when at a program that hasn't been firing on all cylinders for a while.

Shafer should've been given time. Babers deserves the time Shafer wasn't given.

Dino gets 4 full years before I even get frustrated.

He took over one of the least talented rosters in the P5. He has a plan and gives off confidence. He doesn't give off phony big talk. I said this is like Colorado. McIntre took over a team with little talent and built back up and took lumps.

I never had confidence in SS. Even when we went 7-6. The team was never competitive with good teams and white knuckled to 7 wins.

I think last year showed the roster had little on defense. Dino is addressing it.

I've said it seemingly a million times; a new coach probably needs a good 5 years to get things going. Especially when at a program that hasn't been firing on all cylinders for a while.

Shafer should've been given time. Babers deserves the time Shafer wasn't given.
The problem with this was Shafer wasn't hired as a new coach.
He was hired and sold to the fanbase as a continuation of Doug Marrone.

If he was an outside hire atleast I could see being patient. However not as an internal hire.

Franklin, Bennett, Dungey, Slayton, Ishmeal - were all Shafer guys. Dungey might be the 3rd best QB in the ACC this year. Ishmeal a 4 year starter. Bennett/Franklin put up monster numbers. Slayton is an NFL prospect.

Not saying he deserved to stay based on his recruiting, but you're selling these guys a little short.

5 guys.

Marco Battaglia was a 1st round pick for Temple when they were hands down the worst program in college football. Even horrible programs produce a few good players.

5 guys.

Marco Battaglia was a 1st round pick for Temple when they were hands down the worst program in college football. Even horrible programs produce a few good players.

We are.

There are no "excuses" ... there are real reasons why losses happen and they can be judged by numbers. Coaches get fired when the reasons for optimism are eclipsed by those numbers. That's why the idea that we should have the same metrics for different coaches is faulty.

As I said during the argument about Shafer last year, had he be given the schedule Marrone got in 2010, he'd still be here. Last years Babers team would have eaten that schedule alive.

5 guys.

Rutgers, and now you are going to get bayside all hot under the collar for getting his fellow HS alumnus college wrong.

Marco also had the backing of Howard Stern, so that has to count for something...

5 guys.

That St. Francis Prep grad went to Rutgers...

The problem with this was Shafer wasn't hired as a new coach.
He was hired and sold to the fanbase as a continuation of Doug Marrone.

If he was an outside hire atleast I could see being patient. However not as an internal hire.
Should've had the time. Nothing will convince me otherwise.

5 guys.

Rutgers

Dino gets 4 full years before I even get frustrated.

He took over one of the least talented rosters in the P5. ...

I think last year showed the roster had little on defense. Dino is addressing it.

Green shoots. Year over year improvement in each recruiting class, player development, convincing the players & their families, and not standing pat with the hand dealt to him.

Posters focus on his offense, but Dino has added 7 defensive players via jucos & grad transfers. His recruits on the D side (Coleman, Black, Williams, Foster, Armstrong) have already shown promise. And that is going to be one measure in 2017 -- major improvement on the D-side of the team.