2015 NFL season general discussion thread | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

2015 NFL season general discussion thread

This whole Manning story epitomizes how the mainstream media controls what news is news in our country.

I can't think of any other athlete that's actually been given the benefit of doubt regarding steroids or HGH like Manning has.

The media loves him. They won't even comment on it. Nantz admitted to Mike Francesa last night they wouldn't comment on it on air because he viewed it as a non story.
You got it. Nantz was more interested in protecting the shield and sportgasming over his future color commentary partner Peyton Manning than being anything.

How Manning has gotten the benefit of the doubt after people like Marion Jones, Barry Bonds, Lance Armstrong, Rafael Palmerio is unbelievable. The guy was 35 and had a broken NECK.

HELLO. HGH wasn't tested in the NFL till 2014. If you told me Tom Brady was using it I wouldn't be shocked. Brady has a connection with a shady guy in Alex Guerrero but they don't have the smoke that Manning has right now that everyone wants to turn a blind eye too.

You got it. Nantz was more interested in protecting the shield and sportgasming over his future color commentary partner Peyton Manning than being anything.

How Manning has gotten the benefit of the doubt after people like Marion Jones, Barry Bonds, Lance Armstrong, Rafael Palmerio is unbelievable. The guy was 35 and had a broken NECK.

HELLO. HGH wasn't tested in the NFL till 2014. If you told me Tom Brady was using it I wouldn't be shocked. Brady has a connection with a shady guy in Alex Guerrero but they don't have the smoke that Manning has right now that everyone wants to turn a blind eye too.

Yeah I wouldn't be shocked at anyone at this point. Brees could of used it in 05-06 after his original shoulder issue and I wouldn't care.

The thing is, Al Jazeera has won numerous awards for their documentaries. I trust them more than CBS or NBC who will just give you what THEY want you to hear.

While that's true, it's also true that this was just a tiny nugget in their story and it's made them famous in the US now.

Saints want a 2nd round pick for Sean Payton. I wonder if he will go to San Fran, Philly, Indy?

I like you and find your opinions entertaining and find you educated and reasonable. However is this BS. The guy hasn't been discredited.

Manning confirmed his wife's involvement but nobody has found out why she was getting HGH and whether it was legal. Which is why that has stayed quiet out of his side. There are only 3 legal ways to get HGH and a pregnant wife isn't going to use them. Peyton likely followed Clemons lead and is using his wife for cover.

Don't give me this historic cheating crap. That is just trolling. Brady hasn't been accused of cheating before this stupid Deflategate and you know that. The sins of Belichick don't fall on Brady that would be 100% BS.

Al Jazeera has all of the journalistic integrity of a piece of dog crap. Its where wannabe's and neverwas' go to publish their dribble.

The NY Giants are firstworldproblems for Patriot fans. Right now injuries killed the team but that isn't an excuse. Every team has injuries.

How hard is it being an Eagles fan with your division rivals all winning multiple SBs and the Eagles always good but not SB winners.

Nah I was just having a chuckle that you were looking past Denver, Cinci, Pittsburgh et al in order to worry about a team on its way to a 6-10 record. The G-men were nobody's idea of a Super Bowl team now or at any time this season.

Yeah it's tough being an Eagles fan. The one time we had a shot of winning a SB we lost to a team that somehow seemed to know all of our plays. :(

Saints want a 2nd round pick for Sean Payton. I wonder if he will go to San Fran, Philly, Indy?

There's some conflicting reports on this; La Canfora reported they'd probably take a 4th for him. My gut feeling is that he ends up in Indy with Luck but we'll see.

In Marrone-related news, he supposedly has interviews set up with Cleveland and Miami and is supposedly the Saints' top choice if they move Payton.

I think the Redskins are the dangerous team nobody is talking about. Cousins is as hot as any QB right now.

I can't believe the skins are only a one point favorite. That seems light as the Pack looks like dead team walking.

Al Jazeera has all of the journalistic integrity of a piece of dog crap. Its where wannabe's and neverwas' go to publish their dribble.
Leave politics out of this. Watch the report I listed in on page 38 before you say that. The report was fair and barely about Peyton Manning. It was 49 minutes on PEDs and only 8 of them centered on Manning.

Nah I was just having a chuckle that you were looking past Denver, Cinci, Pittsburgh et al in order to worry about a team on its way to a 6-10 record. The G-men were nobody's idea of a Super Bowl team now or at any time this season.

Yeah it's tough being an Eagles fan. The one time we had a shot of winning a SB we lost to a team that somehow seemed to know all of our plays. :(
We lost to Denver and with how injured the Patriots are NOW I still wouldnt be afraid of them. Those other teams would scare me more. I watch the games with my eyes. Denver went 12-4 and the Pats suck now and I still think it would be a 1 score game. Give the Pats Edelman/Vollmer/Hightower/Collins/Chung/Amendola which they only had 2 of those guys the last time Denver-NE played this year and I think NE would win.

I can't believe the skins are only a one point favorite. That seems light as the Pack looks like dead team walking.

Probably based on reputation more than anything.

I wish the Saints would get rid of Mickey Loomis. He's the real problem.

I like you and find your opinions entertaining and find you educated and reasonable. However is this BS. The guy hasn't been discredited.

Manning confirmed his wife's involvement but nobody has found out why she was getting HGH and whether it was legal. Which is why that has stayed quiet out of his side. There are only 3 legal ways to get HGH and a pregnant wife isn't going to use them. Peyton likely followed Clemons lead and is using his wife for cover.

Don't give me this historic cheating crap. That is just trolling. Brady hasn't been accused of cheating before this stupid Deflategate and you know that. The sins of Belichick don't fall on Brady that would be 100% BS.
i havnt been diligently following it, but i distinctly remember the accuser recanting his story and the place where he 'interned'...not even worked...said he wasnt even there doing the alleged days of the mailing.

everyone on the pats was cheating and they knew it, just because brady drove the getaway car doesnt mean he wasnt happy that the pats had illegal film on the rams, iggs and panthers.

al jazeera is a front for terrorism $$

There's some conflicting reports on this; La Canfora reported they'd probably take a 4th for him. My gut feeling is that he ends up in Indy with Luck but we'll see.

In Marrone-related news, he supposedly has interviews set up with Cleveland and Miami and is supposedly the Saints' top choice if they move Payton.
I think a 2nd round pick would be the correct price. Payton has a SB on his resume. Gruden went for 2 1st round picks to Tampa. I can't see NO getting a 1st round pick but a 2nd is fair market and maybe a future comp pick depending on he does.

Indy makes sense but I wouldn't want to work for Irsay.

We know Indy will open up today. Marrone to NO would make sense if Loomis keeps his power.

i havnt been diligently following it, but i distinctly remember the accuser recanting his story and the place where he 'interned'...not even worked...said he wasnt even there doing the alleged days of the mailing.

everyone on the pats was cheating and they knew it, just because brady drove the getaway car doesnt mean he wasnt happy that the pats had illegal film on the rams, iggs and panthers.

It was confirmed the accuser worked there. He re-canted when he was pressured.

Some people need an education on Al Jazeera.

We lost to Denver and with how injured the Patriots are NOW I still wouldnt be afraid of them. Those other teams would scare me more. I watch the games with my eyes. Denver went 12-4 and the Pats suck now and I still think it would be a 1 score game. Give the Pats Edelman/Vollmer/Hightower/Collins/Chung/Amendola which they only had 2 of those guys the last time Denver-NE played this year and I think NE would win.

The Pats issue is a weak OL due in part to injury. As an Eagles fan I know something about a bad OL. Bradford and Murray got a lot of heat this year but when your OL sucks you're in trouble. Unless the Pats can rectify their OL issues they will have a difficult time making it to the SB.

I think a 2nd round pick would be the correct price. Payton has a SB on his resume. Gruden went for 2 1st round picks to Tampa. I can't see NO getting a 1st round pick but a 2nd is fair market and maybe a future comp pick depending on he does.

Indy makes sense but I wouldn't want to work for Irsay.

We know Indy will open up today. Marrone to NO would make sense if Loomis keeps his power.

Payton isn't going to Indy to work with Ryan Grigson. I don't think he ends up in Philly either. He will go where he can have full control.

I think Marrone would do well in NO. He would of done well in Buffalo if he had a legit QB.

Dude now you are trolling me. These stories have been proven false. If the Pats taped those teams they would kick the crap out of them. They didn't need tape to beat the Soup chucker, and the Panthers.

The reporter also released evidence showing the kid worked for the place in 2011. Sly is scared of being sued by Manning and he lives in Indy and is getting crap from Manning fans.

The Pats issue is a weak OL due in part to injury. As an Eagles fan I know something about a bad OL. Bradford and Murray got a lot of heat this year but when your OL sucks you're in trouble. Unless the Pats can rectify their OL issues they will have a difficult time making it to the SB.
Your right. That is Vollmer their starting LT who didn't play the last 2 games. He is coming back for the playoffs.
With their LT they will be a lot better on the OL. They need Edelman back just as much. He makes their 3rd down offense a lot better.

It was confirmed the accuser worked there. He re-canted when he was pressured.

Some people need an education on Al Jazeera.

This is such a confusing part though. If there's legitimate proof that Sly worked there in 2011, why would the company actually try to say their records show he didn't work there until 2013? It seems like this would be very easy to prove one way or the other.

This is such a confusing part though. If there's legitimate proof that Sly worked there in 2011, why would the company actually try to say their records show he didn't work there until 2013? It seems like this would be very easy to prove one way or the other.
Because the company wants to discredit the report and defend Manning and deny involvement.
Watch the clip I just linked. It shows the reporter calling the clinic and confirming Sly worked there in 2011 when the HGH was allegedly to be sent. If Sly didn't work there in 2011 but 2013 he wouldn't know about Ashley Manning receiving HGH and the story would be made up. Due to the fact the evidence shows he worked there if it gives the story credence.

I don't think any U.S. media outlets are investigating it. I recall a taped recording I heard last week where the company confirmed he worked there in 2011. I think the company is lying to cover themselves. Also there's a 2nd source confirming the shipment reported in Kaiser's favorite newspaper.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...hgh-manning-wife-al-jazeera-article-1.2484135

Because the company wants to discredit the report and defend Manning and deny involvement.
Watch the clip I just linked. It shows the reporter calling the clinic and confirming Sly worked there in 2011 when the HGH was allegedly to be sent. If Sly didn't work there in 2011 but 2013 he wouldn't know about Ashley Manning receiving HGH and the story would be made up. Due to the fact the evidence shows he worked there if it gives the story credence.

I understand what they have to gain from denying the story, but it should be so easy to prove when exactly Sly worked there. If they don't have proof that he worked there in 2013, it seems silly to even try to deny that part of the story.

The sources have done enough work that should get the ball rolling on an investigation from other places. Instead we are getting ESPN circling the wagons behind the guy saying he denied it so there is no story at all. Then we get Jim Nantz practically sportgasming yesterday over the guy when he has been accused of using HGH.

If Peyton did HGH it should be investigated. The story has died down completely that is a joke. If Giselle Bunchen had HGH sent to her that story would be nuclear and would be on the backpages for the next 4 months.

However because Peyton does Papa John's commercials and says Omaha and kisses the frauds like Peter King and Chris Mortensen's butts they do nothing. The NFL doesn't care to destroy Manning. Manning has no benefit of the doubt.

He said he had a broken neck. How often do we see a player at 35 come back from a broken neck and do what Manning did in 2012, 2013. That 2013 season should be examined like Barry Bonds 73 Home Run season.

Interesting. I don't think he used HGH but that is just my opinion, I don't find the story or source very credible and like both Brady and Manning, the NFL has a lot worse to worry about than these 2. I think you are just overeating a bit because you are a Pats fan but hey it makes for good debate.

If I had to guess, I would bet 60-75% of the NFL uses illegal performance enhancing drugs