2015 NFL season general discussion thread | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

2015 NFL season general discussion thread

Not sure completing a few passes in a 49-10 game is going to help his position that much. Would like to see him get a chance somewhere.
Minimal ... a bit ... not as a starter

You honestly dont care to discuss with me??? Really??? Man, you're a piece of work. You think you're team/man was unjustified in accusations but wish the same on an opposing qb??? You're a joke... But you don't want to discuss, you're a homer, what ever... That's just bs, you're a terrible fan, or whatever you call yourself...
You got me. I am a terrible fan. I don't want to discuss with you because it is pointless. You position is known. My position is known. You don't get my point which is fine. Brady had the media try to destroy him. Instead with Manning you are getting ESPN to say things like the man denied it so I am going to believe it. That is a joke and 180 degrees what they did to Manning as to what they did to Brady. To even allow Mortenson to be part of their coverage after what they did to Brady/New England is laughable. However you probably didn't even follow Deflategate so you wouldn't know. The crap New England fans went thru without ANY EVIDENCE is miserable and guess what people who are objective know that their was nothing in that case. Manning should have to hand over his phone or he is a liar and cheater as well. However because does kisses the media's a$$ they will circle around him.
I will discuss it with others because like Cusefan0307 because he was objective towards Brady. Call me whatever I don't care or feel bad. You weren't objective towards Brady during Deflategate. I want Manning to be guilty until proven innocent because Brady had his entire legacy tarnished with no evidence and that was BS. So now if Manning gets off with no scrutiny it shows how freaking bias the media was. But yeah I am a bad fan so whatever you think. Good luck to your team tonight.

Look at the starting QBs yesterday/tonight
Case Keenum-St. Louis
Blaine Gabbert- SF
Johnny Manziel-Cleveland
AJ McCarron- Cincy
Ryan Mallett- Baltimore
Zack Mettenberger- Tennessee
Brandon Weeden- Houston
Matt Hasselback- Indy
Brock Osweiler-Denver

Ryan Nassib will get his chance if he can get out of NY and show something. QB play in the NFL isn't that strong. I hope Nassib gets a shot somewhere else and atleast a garbage time drive last night gives him some film to get a chance. Collinsworth gave him a little praise with his quick release. Syracuse could use atleast 1 player who can put up fantasy points playing each week.

Today was the 3rd loss Pittsburgh has had with Big Ben at QB. They lost @New England, @Seattle, and @Baltimore. I understand your point but the Pitt WRs against NE DBs are a bad matchup.
I just think it would be a shootout and not a game I would like.
Look at the AFC QBs
Brady
McCarron
Osweiler
Weeden
Alex Smith
Fitzpatrick

I would like to not see Rothlisberger in the playoffs he is obviously the best QB not Brady. I get the point though. Jets would be a tough playoff game but I think Steelers would be harder.
If Dalton comes back he could make Cincy scary.

NE just needs to beat Miami and they will be as healthy for the playoff game as they will have been since week 8.

Pats were conservative because the Jets D is good and they didn't have Edelman/Amendola and wanted to reduce possessions because they were weak in the secondary today. If they are healthy they won't be safe but it made sense today. Pats were ready to rollover today but the Collins Defensive TD made it a tight game.

I think Cincinnati with Dalton is the Patriots biggest threat.

I agree the Pats could of cared less if they won yesterday.

Pittsburgh looked awful yesterday. Ben stunk and they gave up 400 yards of offense and 70% complettions to a team QB'd by Ryan Mallett.

You got me. I am a terrible fan. I don't want to discuss with you because it is pointless. You position is known. My position is known. You don't get my point which is fine. Brady had the media try to destroy him. Instead with Manning you are getting ESPN to say things like the man denied it so I am going to believe it. That is a joke and 180 degrees what they did to Manning as to what they did to Brady. To even allow Mortenson to be part of their coverage after what they did to Brady/New England is laughable. However you probably didn't even follow Deflategate so you wouldn't know. The crap New England fans went thru without ANY EVIDENCE is miserable and guess what people who are objective know that their was nothing in that case. Manning should have to hand over his phone or he is a liar and cheater as well. However because does kisses the media's a$$ they will circle around him.
I will discuss it with others because like Cusefan0307 because he was objective towards Brady. Call me whatever I don't care or feel bad. You weren't objective towards Brady during Deflategate. I want Manning to be guilty until proven innocent because Brady had his entire legacy tarnished with no evidence and that was BS. So now if Manning gets off with no scrutiny it shows how freaking bias the media was. But yeah I am a bad fan so whatever you think. Good luck to your team tonight.
I could care less about deflate gate to be honest. I don't like the pats, but that doesn't get in my way of being objective in a serious discussion about football. After all that's the only way to have credibility when talking sports. But your team had a history of being shady, plus there was more evidence than this yahoo completely making all this up about Manning. He's recanted EVERYTHING he said, and also said he made it all up. Maybe that's why people circled the wagons for Manning. And I would never want someone to go through something messed up just because a member of my team went through it. That's a terrible mentality imo. That's like hoping another school gets the shaft like SU did. I don't even wish that on G-town. Each case should stand on it's own merit anyways. This is totally different than what happened to the pats. Anyways I deleted my rant post, because it was a little over the top, but I do believe it's childish to put something out there with no substance then claim you don't want to discuss it. lol

The Manning story gets better and better. Now Peyton is so angry he might just sue. Really he would be willing to allow his wife to be disposed? He would be willing to allow Guyer's records to be subpoenaed? He would allow discovery of Fedex records in his wife's name? He is so full of crap his eyes are brown. He has already shot his load. He denied everything. Now it is up to his side to come up with a plausible reason his wife was receiving HGH shipments illegally. They do not have a reason. Now if he is smart he will shut up. He has nothing to gain now that he has given credence to the Al Jazeera story.

Next up is the NFL's next step. I don't think the NFL can do nothing. 5 NFL players were mentioned by name in the story. So let's see if they are willing to spend money on a toothless investigation run by a corrupt lawyer. Why did the HGH get sent to Ashley Manning? Nobody will answer that.

I just watched all 49 minutes of the Al Jazeera report (another sentence I thought I would never type). You can see it here:

http://www.aljazeera.com/inves...

Manning stuff is at the 41 minute mark.

I highly recommend you watch it all. It is clear they spent a lot of time and money chasing this story. They make a very compelling argument all through hidden camera stuff. The hidden camera stuff was all edited so without seeing the countless hours of raw footage there is always going to be some doubt about context. Within the report there were several main players the central one being this Charlie Sly who has since recanted everything. He now claims he knew it was sting and he was lying to see if Collins (the undercover Brit) was really serious. The amount of drugs Sly gets Collins on tape and which Al Jazeera has documented and kept as evidence shoots that explanation out of the water.

So where are we. There is an explosive report about PEDs now linking Mike Neal, Ryan Howard, Julius Peppers and Peyton Manning out there. There is also a report that Clay Mathews used illegal methods to get narcotic pain killers so he could play through injury. Further Sly says so the report alleges that Matthews took HGH when he was younger.

The Manning stuff is fascinating. The report had this Endocrinologist on at the end who explained there are only 3 legal reasons for HGH to be prescribed... One had to do with AIDS, one with bowel issues and the last with actual growth issues usually in adolescents. There should not be any medical reason Ashley Manning was being prescribed HGH. At least not a legal one. So if Peyton stands behind that story, that his wife received the medicine she stands to be the fall guy for him. For the record Al Jazeera confirmed that Sly worked at the Guyer institute in 2011 when Manning was a patient there and when Manning was still in Indy. Sly now saying he worked there in 2013 is a lie. So the cover up has started. It should not be that difficult to find out if Fedex or UPS were delivering packages from Guyer to Ashley Manning in that time...some enterprising reporter will find that out. So that is why Manning hired Ari Fleischer he knows whats coming. He can't just deny. My guess is ESPN will circle the wagons and defend him, deflecting the story. Ditto the NFL network. The question is will publications like the WSJ or the NYT let this go or will they chase. Further will Al Jazeera which has no real credibility continue to chase this to make a name for itself. If I were them I would. They don't really have anything to loose. The initial report looks to have been well done and buttoned down.

The NFL cannot be happy. They look like incompetent fools for allowing this to happen under their watch. They blame the players association for restrictions of testing. In the end Goodell will look toothless yet again as he will do nothing. If as alleged 20% of players or more are doing something illegal...not against the NFL's rules but actually illegal...and they are not doing something about it they are an accessory.

I agree the Pats could of cared less if they won yesterday.

I agree, I thought something was obviously amiss the way they ended the first half.

And it's "couldn't have cared less" ... just saying ...

Not sure what it means, but it's interesting that "experts" wanted to label Brady a cheater for months, yet those same "experts" immediately came out in blind support of Manning (Mortensen, T Jackson are the first two that come to mind....)

Doesn't look like Manning will see the field ever again for Denver anyway. The only thing he's better at than Osweiler at this point is not taking sacks. Brock looked like a legit NFL QB in the second half last night.

Not sure what it means, but it's interesting that "experts" wanted to label Brady a cheater for months, yet those same "experts" immediately came out in blind support of Manning (Mortensen, T Jackson are the first two that come to mind...)
I couldn't believe how Mortensen was at halftime. Like there is nothing here. I won't even reference Ray Lewis who was so bad it was laughable. He wanted asterisks for Brady/Patriots but couldn't stop preaching and defending Peyton. It was hilarious.

The report shows without a doubt Ashley Manning had multiple shipments of HGH sent to her in Florida, Tennessee. Unless she meets one of the three reasons stated above she got those drugs illegally. These drugs were shipped while Peyton was rehabbing his neck.

However Peyton deserves the benefit of the doubt and Tom Brady is a cheater who went from being generally aware to an active participant in a scheme to cheat in the NFL filings in Court.

Manning deserves worse scrutiny than Brady but all the media is circling around him. Let's see what is worse taking illegal drugs to rehab or throwing footballs with 1 PSI level below the limit without it being proven you actually cheated.

The NFL leadership is such a joke. They destroyed Brady with nothing. Manning is guilty until proven innocent his wife got HGH and it looks like Peyton is pulling a Roger Clemons with his wife as his Cris Carter fall person fop him.

Remember this doozy from Goodell and Judge Berman

At today's oral arguments in Tom Brady's appeal of his four-game suspension by commissioner Roger Goodell, Berman battered the NFL Management Council attorney with questions related to the league's decision to suspend Brady for four games. Primary in Berman's cross-hairs was the suspension itself, and Goodell equating it to steroid use.

"I have a little trouble with [Goodell deciding on four games]," said Berman.

In explaining Brady's four-game ban, Goodell compared the ball deflation and failure to cooperate to PED use and the use of a masking agent.

"How are deflating footballs and not cooperating with the commissioner legally comparable to STEROID USE and a masking agent?" asked Berman.

Three different times, Berman derisively asked how ball deflation equates to STEROID USE.

So does Manning get his own Wells Report? It is the integrity of the game Roger.

I obviously was joking by saying Belichick Steve Harveyed the OT.
I agree they didn't tank as they played to win. I give Jets credit for winning and take absolutely nothing from them winning that game. They earned it. I just prefer them in the playoffs than the Steelers.

I think the Steelers would beat Chiefs/Broncos in the wild card game and be a tough game for NE to beat with how good their offense is. NY Jets could beat those teams but I think the home team would be a slight favorite and that would get NE the Houston-KC winner in the divisional round.

I am not upset one iota that NY won this game while it was a loss it wasn't a backbreaker. NE is beating Miami next week. Miami can't pass block right now and the Pats DL is better than the Indy DL. NE D overall is better than the Indy D.

I think it will be a grind but NE should be fine IMO to be the 1 seed. Avoiding Pittsburgh is honestly my biggest fear right now as a NE fan.

These teams are so in and out from week to week that it's almost impossible to say with much confidence who is a good and bad prospective opponent. Hell the KC Chiefs could end up representing the AFC in the SB.

Our main man Mike Ortiz says I should be worried about Drew Brees being traded to the Rams. Good to hear. That means he'll be back in Nawlins next year.

Nobody circles the wagons when it's too late to mean anything like the Buffalo Bills. I usually am optimistic but I need a break from Rex for a little while so it's a good thing this is the last game. Taylor actually did better than I expected this year but my expectations were VERY low. I really didn't think he's make the whole season as a starter. But I really didn't expect Rex to neuter the defense. So excited when we got a big free agent like Mario to sign and now he'll be gone and nothing has really changed.

Unsustainable is a 3 week trend,not a 9...and well, while mike evens could've caught those passes, but maybe he was to scared to.

Everyone loves to make excuses why the Giants aren't good.

Cool story bro. Tell me more.

Jets with as bad a loss as one can have. IF there is ever a team that should be knocking down the Saints door for Drew Brees its the Jets. They are a QB away from being a legit SB contender. With Fitzpatrick though they can't even make the playoffs. Defense is set. Offense is just a real QB away.

Today's loss will haunt the Jets for a long time. 10 wins and still miss the playoffs is a tough pill to swallow. Having Rex knock ya out is even tougher.

Congrats to Miami. They beat the Pats. No excuses. Now the AFC playoffs
1. Denver
2. New England
3. Cincinnati
4. Houston
5. Kansas City
6. Pittsburgh

Pitt @ Cincinnati, KC @ Houston. I expect both road teams to win and we will see Pitt@Denver, KC@NE.

Pitt is dangerous. Cincy has to be pissed they draw them in Rd 1.

KC and Pitt are the most dangerous 5 and 6 seeds ever maybe in the same year. When those teams are "on" they are tough to beat. NE has a lot of injuries to overcome. Denver puts no fear into anyone anymore. Houston is a fluke don't belong on the playoffs.

Also I love the NFL national media has done nothing with this Manning-HGH and we had this story drop on CNN today.
Mike Loyko ‏@NEPD_Loyko
Breaking: Deborah Davies on CNN Just said Al-Jazeera has a second source that has confirmed HGH was sent to Ashley Manning repeatedly

Good job National Media.

Pitt is dangerous. Cincy has to be pissed they draw them in Rd 1.

KC and Pitt are the most dangerous 5 and 6 seeds ever maybe in the same year. When those teams are "on" they are tough to beat. NE has a lot of injuries to overcome. Denver puts no fear into anyone anymore. Houston is a fluke don't belong on the playoffs.
I agree. I expect Pitt to beat Cincy they just beat them badly in Cincy 3 weeks ago.

NE was without Hightower, Chandler Jones, Vollmer, Chung, Edelman, Kline today. No excuses for not beating Miami today but they should be back in 2 weeks. NE hasn't had a bye week since week 4. They are dead right now.

Peyton is guilty as hell.
Ashley Manning was pregnant in 2011 when the HGH was alleged by the reporters to be shipped to her. So of course it looks bad.