2015 NFL season general discussion thread | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

2015 NFL season general discussion thread

Jets would've been the 1 seed if they won both Buffalo games. Incredible. Bills also the only team in the division that can't beat the NE dink&dunkers.

Betting Houston next week for sure. KC is a fraud with no business being a 4pt road fav. even vs. a crappy team.

So much for that theory that Bill B. tossed the Jets game intentionally by choosing to kick off in OT in order to eliminate Pittsburgh. I never believed that for a second but if it was true it totally blew up in his face. That said, if the Pats get healthy they have as good a chance as anybody. And I think people are making far too much out of Pittsburgh. Love Big Ben but they were life and death with two of the weakest teams in the NFL over the last two weeks. Their D is nothing special and you ain't goin' too far without a very good defense in the playoffs.

Now that the season's done, I have to LOL, most of this thread with the back and forth. Denver apparently hasn't been "scary" since like week 2. I guess it goes to show the old saying, "you don't have to be scared to get your ass whipped", is true. GB, pats, Pitt, then Cinci, couldn't be done. Well 3 out of 4 ain't bad.

5 to's and Denver still wins today!? I don't care how bad of an NFL team you can create, that's extremely bad O, or extremely good D. Denver as the #1 seed couldn't be done either. So did Bill out smart himself? And the whole Manning won't come back. Why in this day and age, of all the games everyone here has seen played, would you ever count a HOF'er out?? It's not just this board, I think I was one of the very few in Denver, whether it was on radio or at work, happy hour, etc. that said don't count him out, and had a feeling we'd need him, and we did.

I can't wait for the playoffs. I want whoever the best is supposed to be, and most of the year that was the pats. So let's do it, I hope the Broncos can get to that point, win or lose that's what I want to see. There's only one thing that concern's me, is another old saying, you're only going as far as your O line can take you. So I don't know if Denver or the pats can make it that far.

Congrats to Denver. They earned their spot. They have stayed healthier and won enough games. New England is not the same team no excuses. I don't think New England or Denver are going to win the AFC.

Kansas City and Pittsburgh are better than both New England and Denver right now.

Congrats to Denver. They earned their spot. They have stayed healthier and won enough games. New England is not the same team no excuses. I don't think New England or Denver are going to win the AFC.

Kansas City and Pittsburgh are better than both New England and Denver right now.

At least you don't have to worry about the NYG. ;)

At least you don't have to worry about the NYG. ;)
The NY Giants are firstworldproblems for Patriot fans. Right now injuries killed the team but that isn't an excuse. Every team has injuries.

How hard is it being an Eagles fan with your division rivals all winning multiple SBs and the Eagles always good but not SB winners.

I just watched all 49 minutes of the Al Jazeera report (another sentence I thought I would never type). You can see it here:

http://www.aljazeera.com/inves...

Manning stuff is at the 41 minute mark.

I highly recommend you watch it all. It is clear they spent a lot of time and money chasing this story. They make a very compelling argument all through hidden camera stuff. The hidden camera stuff was all edited so without seeing the countless hours of raw footage there is always going to be some doubt about context. Within the report there were several main players the central one being this Charlie Sly who has since recanted everything. He now claims he knew it was sting and he was lying to see if Collins (the undercover Brit) was really serious. The amount of drugs Sly gets Collins on tape and which Al Jazeera has documented and kept as evidence shoots that explanation out of the water.

So where are we. There is an explosive report about PEDs now linking Mike Neal, Ryan Howard, Julius Peppers and Peyton Manning out there. There is also a report that Clay Mathews used illegal methods to get narcotic pain killers so he could play through injury. Further Sly says so the report alleges that Matthews took HGH when he was younger.

The Manning stuff is fascinating. The report had this Endocrinologist on at the end who explained there are only 3 legal reasons for HGH to be prescribed... One had to do with AIDS, one with bowel issues and the last with actual growth issues usually in adolescents. There should not be any medical reason Ashley Manning was being prescribed HGH. At least not a legal one. So if Peyton stands behind that story, that his wife received the medicine she stands to be the fall guy for him. For the record Al Jazeera confirmed that Sly worked at the Guyer institute in 2011 when Manning was a patient there and when Manning was still in Indy. Sly now saying he worked there in 2013 is a lie. So the cover up has started. It should not be that difficult to find out if Fedex or UPS were delivering packages from Guyer to Ashley Manning in that time...some enterprising reporter will find that out. So that is why Manning hired Ari Fleischer he knows whats coming. He can't just deny. My guess is ESPN will circle the wagons and defend him, deflecting the story. Ditto the NFL network. The question is will publications like the WSJ or the NYT let this go or will they chase. Further will Al Jazeera which has no real credibility continue to chase this to make a name for itself. If I were them I would. They don't really have anything to loose. The initial report looks to have been well done and buttoned down.

The NFL cannot be happy. They look like incompetent fools for allowing this to happen under their watch. They blame the players association for restrictions of testing. In the end Goodell will look toothless yet again as he will do nothing. If as alleged 20% of players or more are doing something illegal...not against the NFL's rules but actually illegal...and they are not doing something about it they are an accessory.

She could be purchasing it for family, friends, etc...HGH is used in cases with children and some adults with rare genetic issues where the medical community is ahead of the insurance providers. We don't know who she could be purchasing for.

She could be purchasing it for family, friends, etc...HGH is used in cases with children and some adults with rare genetic issues where the medical community is ahead of the insurance providers. We don't know who she could be purchasing for.
I listed the 3 legal ways to be prescribed HGH and second she was pregnant when the HGH was sent to her.
She had twins in 2011. Manning had a what he called a broken neck. Why is it hard to connect the dots and not be suspicious.
Giving Manning the benefit of the doubt is such a joke when this transgression is way worse than what Brady was accused of and that guy was torched.

NFL postseason schedule.
Saturday 1-9-16
Kansas City @ Houston 4:30 ESPN/ABC
Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati 8 CBS
Sunday 1-10-16
Seattle @ Minnesota 1pm NBC
Green Bay @ Washington 4:30 FOX
Saturday 1-16-16
Divisional game @ New England 4:35 CBS
Divisional game @ Arizona 8 NBC
Sunday 1-17-16
Divisional game @ Carolina 1 FOX
Divisional game @ Denver 4:30 CBS.

I think the Redskins are the dangerous team nobody is talking about. Cousins is as hot as any QB right now.

I listed the 3 legal ways to be prescribed HGH and second she was pregnant when the HGH was sent to her.
She had twins in 2011. Manning had a what he called a broken neck. Why is it hard to connect the dots and not be suspicious.
Giving Manning the benefit of the doubt is such a joke when this transgression is way worse than what Brady was accused of and that guy was torched.

I am very familiar with HGH. If she received deliveries so be it, we have no evidence of her using.

I am very familiar with HGH. If she received deliveries so be it, we have no evidence of her using.

Are you insinuating that she ordered it for someone or do you really think she ordered it and just stuck it in a closet.

Edit just read further back and saw that you addressed this.

I think the Redskins are the dangerous team nobody is talking about. Cousins is as hot as any QB right now.
I agree with you. Washington should beat Green Bay IMO. GB just looks awful like NE right now. Neither team can put an OL out there to protect their QB.
My picks for the weekend
Pitt over Cincy, KC over Houston
Seattle over Minnesota, Washington over Green Bay
Then we get
Kansas City @ New England, Washington @ Arizona
Seattle @ Carolina, Pitt @ Denver

Why is giving Manning the benefit of the doubt a joke? The sources are from rock solid? Has Manning not earned it? Or are you just saying in comparison to Brady?

I agree with you. Washington should beat Green Bay IMO. GB just looks awful like NE right now. Neither team can put an OL out there to protect their QB.
My picks for the weekend
Pitt over Cincy, KC over Houston
Seattle over Minnesota, Washington over Green Bay
Then we get
Kansas City @ New England, Washington @ Arizona
Seattle @ Carolina, Pitt @ Denver

Who would want to play Seattle or Kansas City right now. KC doesn't wow anyone but they just keep winning

Why is giving Manning the benefit of the doubt a joke? The sources are from rock solid? Has Manning not earned it? Or are you just saying in comparison to Brady?
The sources have done enough work that should get the ball rolling on an investigation from other places. Instead we are getting ESPN circling the wagons behind the guy saying he denied it so there is no story at all. Then we get Jim Nantz practically sportgasming yesterday over the guy when he has been accused of using HGH.

If Peyton did HGH it should be investigated. The story has died down completely that is a joke. If Giselle Bunchen had HGH sent to her that story would be nuclear and would be on the backpages for the next 4 months.

However because Peyton does Papa John's commercials and says Omaha and kisses the frauds like Peter King and Chris Mortensen's butts they do nothing. The NFL doesn't care to destroy Manning. Manning has no benefit of the doubt.

He said he had a broken neck. How often do we see a player at 35 come back from a broken neck and do what Manning did in 2012, 2013. That 2013 season should be examined like Barry Bonds 73 Home Run season.

Who would want to play Seattle or Kansas City right now. KC doesn't wow anyone but they just keep winning
I think Carolina is the only NFC team that can beat Seattle and I would pick them to do so.
They are healthier defensively now and would shut down the Seattle offense.

KC is good they should beat Houston. I will be interesting to see KC-NE because it is a bad matchup for NE from last year. NE can't block right now but if Vollmer gets this week off and comes back it will be a tight game.

The sources have done enough work that should get the ball rolling on an investigation from other places. Instead we are getting ESPN circling the wagons behind the guy saying he denied it so there is no story at all. Then we get Jim Nantz practically sportgasming yesterday over the guy when he has been accused of using HGH.

If Peyton did HGH it should be investigated. The story has died down completely that is a joke. If Giselle Bunchen had HGH sent to her that story would be nuclear and would be on the backpages for the next 4 months.

However because Peyton does Papa John's commercials and says Omaha and kisses the frauds like Peter King and Chris Mortensen's butts they do nothing. The NFL doesn't care to destroy Manning. Manning has no benefit of the doubt.

He said he had a broken neck. How often do we see a player at 35 come back from a broken neck and do what Manning did in 2012, 2013. That 2013 season should be examined like Barry Bonds 73 Home Run season.

I still think a large part of it is the fact that the sports media doubts that Al Jazeera was able to figure something out that they themselves couldn't. I imagine sports media have some people investigating it themselves but simply don't have anything that they can publish on the topic right now. Even if they had a second source, they still have one of their sources saying that they lied at this point. At any rate, I think it'll be a very tough thing to prove (not that the Manning household received HGH, but that Peyton used it), but it wouldn't surprise me if we eventually see an OTL report on it.

My predictions for the playoffs (subject to change based on injury news):

KC > Houston
Cinci > Pittsburgh

Seattle > Minnesota
Green Bay > Washington

Denver > KC
Cinci > New England (this assumes that Dalton is healthy)

Arizona > Green Bay
Carolina > Seattle

Denver > Cinci
Arizona > Carolina

Arizona > Denver

This is really weird playoff bracket though lol. There's 3 or 4 teams that can come out of the NFC IMO, and I think all of them would likely be the favorites in the Super Bowl. In the AFC, depending on New England's health, literally any of the teams (besides Houston) can win the AFC. It's just a total mess in the AFC.

I still think a large part of it is the fact that the sports media doubts that Al Jazeera was able to figure something out that they themselves couldn't. I imagine sports media have some people investigating it themselves but simply don't have anything that they can publish on the topic right now. Even if they had a second source, they still have one of their sources saying that they lied at this point. At any rate, I think it'll be a very tough thing to prove (not that the Manning household received HGH, but that Peyton used it), but it wouldn't surprise me if we eventually see an OTL report on it.
The source saying he lied have you watched that statement? He sounds like a prisoner being forced to read proganda as he is scared beyond of being sued for defamation. If you watch the Al Jazerra documentary which I listed in the previous page it is creditable.

How the sports media can doubt Al Jazeera is laughable it is more likely hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil and turning a blind eye. Watch the stuff that comes out of the ESPN people's mouths defending Peyton is a joke.

Peyton Manning has beautiflly spun this. He doesn't deny that HGH was sent to his wife. Well there are only 3 reasons to legally to be sent HGH. 1. Is you have HIV. 2. You have a bowel issue and had a portion of your bowels removed. 3.actual growth issues usually in adolescents which Ashley Manning is not a young girl anymore.

Then you look beyond that. His wife was pregnant when the drugs were shipped to her. No pregnant women would take HGH to risk hurting children. You ask who were those drugs for? Nobody is interested in that when the obvious the leap is Peyton had a broken neck during this time.

The source saying he lied have you watched that statement? He sounds like a prisoner being forced to read proganda as he is scared beyond of being sued for defamation. If you watch the Al Jazerra documentary which I listed in the previous page it is creditable.

How the sports media can doubt Al Jazeera is laughable it is more likely hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil and turning a blind eye. Watch the stuff that comes out of the ESPN people's mouths defending Peyton is a joke.

Peyton Manning has beautiflly spun this. He doesn't deny that HGH was sent to his wife. Well there are only 3 reasons to legally to be sent HGH. 1. Is you have HIV. 2. You have a bowel issue and had a portion of your bowels removed. 3.actual growth issues usually in adolescents which Ashley Manning is not a young girl anymore.

Then you look beyond that. His wife was pregnant when the drugs were shipped to her. No pregnant women would take HGH to risk hurting children. You ask who were those drugs for? Nobody is interested in that when the obvious the leap is Peyton had a broken neck during this time.

I understand that the obvious leap is that it's Peyton, but it's just a leap at this point. One of the two sources is saying that they made it up; there's no proof that he was forced to say anything at this point. It sounds like he simply read a prepared speech to me. It's definitely possible that Peyton or some of the athlete's people got to him, but there's nothing to prove that at this point (to my knowledge). The Al Jazeera reporter herself said they have no proof that Peyton has taken anything either. Considering the people that actually came out with the report can't prove that Peyton is guilty of anything, it's not really surprising that the sports media aren't saying he's guilty either.

(And yes, I get that some of that same reasoning probably should have applied when Brady was under fire, but I don't want to get into that again.)

just remember, that brady is historically a cheater and peyton is not.

thats why he gets the free pass.

and al jazeera??? puh-freakinleaz and the guy has already been completely discredited i believe.

This whole Manning story epitomizes how the mainstream media controls what news is news in our country.

I can't think of any other athlete that's actually been given the benefit of doubt regarding steroids or HGH like Manning has.

The media loves him. They won't even comment on it. Nantz admitted to Mike Francesa last night they wouldn't comment on it on air because he viewed it as a non story.

just remember, that brady is historically a cheater and peyton is not.

thats why he gets the free pass.

and al jazeera??? puh-freakinleaz and the guy has already been completely discredited i believe.
I like you and find your opinions entertaining and find you educated and reasonable. However is this BS. The guy hasn't been discredited.

Manning confirmed his wife's involvement but nobody has found out why she was getting HGH and whether it was legal. Which is why that has stayed quiet out of his side. There are only 3 legal ways to get HGH and a pregnant wife isn't going to use them. Peyton likely followed Clemons lead and is using his wife for cover.

Don't give me this historic cheating crap. That is just trolling. Brady hasn't been accused of cheating before this stupid Deflategate and you know that. The sins of Belichick don't fall on Brady that would be 100% BS.

The thing is, Al Jazeera has won numerous awards for their documentaries. I trust them more than CBS or NBC who will just give you what THEY want you to hear.