2015 NFL season general discussion thread | Page 52 | Syracusefan.com

2015 NFL season general discussion thread

That is why you go for 2 McCarthy.

Mike McCarthy is he a good coach? Or does he just ride Rodgers? I mean he just doesn't seem elite to me. I don't know.

Lifelong Packers fan here. MM is a total moron who has continually wasted the prime of one of the greatest QBs of all time.

People argue and cite playoff appearances and division titles. But those things are the bare minimum when you have a talent like Rodgers. Every great QB does those things, most do more.

I'm currently arguing with people about going for 2, which is the no brainer correct choice. You need two yards to win or a coin flip and a bunch of other things to go right. It's not rocket science.

So someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the only posters who have a dog left in the fight is Pats, Broncos, maybe Steelers? I can't believe there isn't any Carolina fans on here since that's Syracuse south, but maybe people already had their team when they moved down there?
Count me as a Seahawks fan unless they are playing the Bills.

Lifelong Packers fan here. MM is a total moron who has continually wasted the prime of one of the greatest QBs of all time.

People argue and cite playoff appearances and division titles. But those things are the bare minimum when you have a talent like Rodgers. Every great QB does those things, most do more.

I'm currently arguing with people about going for 2, which is the no brainer correct choice. You need two yards to win or a coin flip and a bunch of other things to go right. It's not rocket science.
Espiecally when last year in the playoffs you went into OT in the NFC Championship game and the same thing happened. They lost the coin toss and gave up a first possession TD.

I mean going for 2 after that miracle was the right call. THe Packers went 96 yards in 3 plays on 2 fluke plays. Go for 2 and get the hell out of there.

In 13 of the 15 last Super Bowls the AFC QB has been one of Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, or Ben Rothlisberger.

Damn impressive Rich Gannon and Joe Flacco are the other 2.

McCarthy needs to be better. He's not a great offensive coach. They should put up 30 every week with Rodgers at QB. Their passing game is way to simple. If you have great receivers, you can get away with it. They do not, without Nelson. He's playing a 1990's offense.

I'm surprised he hasn't studied the other top offenses the past ten years like New England or New Orleans and stolen some of the concepts they use and how they scheme rather average receivers open with varied formations and pick plays. Kurt Warner was tweeting about this throughout the game last night.

I made a lot of $$$ betting on Carolina today. More than Dasher in the poker tournament.

Broncos offense is better with Brock Osweiler than Peyton Manning. Mr. Omaha gives me confidence next week. I think NE can score enough on Denver D I will be interested in seeing it their is wind next week.

As with Edelman/Amendola/Gronk I think NE will have enough O. Can Manning score 24 next week.

Vegas has the Pats as road favorites
RJ Bell ‏@RJinVegas 8m8 minutes ago

Opener: #Patriots -2.5 at #Broncos (via BetOnline)

New England at Denver is up to NE -3.5
Arizona at Carolina is right now Carolina -3

WOAT "gotcha" video reply. Everyone did that when there was no OT.

+1 on McCarthy being a hack. I can't stop laughing every time Buck&Aikman are slurping him up. Don't think you need to hear any more than his "targeting 20 carries" speech after last year's title game. Causation vs Correlation Mike. It's 2nd grade stuff. Tomlin isn't much better - nice 13 yard punt. Hilarious people think these dip***ts are good when they're just like every other schmuck but they get to stand there and watch their incredible QB make every throw.

WOAT "gotcha" video reply. Everyone did that when there was no OT.

+1 on McCarthy being a hack. I can't stop laughing every time Buck&Aikman are slurping him up. Don't think you need to hear any more than his "targeting 20 carries" speech after last year's title game. Causation vs Correlation Mike. It's 2nd grade stuff. Tomlin isn't much better - nice 13 yard punt. Hilarious people think these dip***ts are good when they're just like every other schmuck but they get to stand there and watch their incredible QB make every throw.
Tomlin punting from the 34 was down right stupid. If you don't think your kicker can make a 51 yard FG in Mile high altiude. Your better off going for the 4th and 15 and try a pass.

Tomlin and McCarthy are not good in-game coaches.

I think McCarthy is wasting Rodgers prime. There aren't any good options out there to replace him though. Cuse0307 nailed the GB scheme is so damn bad. How they can't scheme guys with Aaron Rodgers as the QB is just amazing incompetency.

Steeler nation really making a run @ NE for most annoying fan base. Wow those guys have so much heart that heroic effort is up there with the Normandy invaders and damn those Bengals! GMAFB if not for them taking out Brown and getting a call on the road normal franchises never get (can you imagine the Pacman unsportsmanlike going against Pitt @Heinz to lose a freaking playoff game?) you lose in round 1 to a backup QB...after barely salvaging a Baltimore/Cleveland split to close the season btw. Good riddance.

In years of watching fball, I know to never evaluate one week and equate it to the next. All games are different. But this board will tell you different. The Steelers played the Broncos exactly how I thought they would. Except for Brown not playing I was shocked. Ben throwing a bomb on the first drive I predicted all week long. Fight to the end also predicted, and did to all my Steelers friends. Rough game and I can't wait to see how many people blame Manning instead of missed catches. But next week, TOTALLY different, don't get caught up otherwise, can't wait.

Cards-Panthers is the super bowl.

Cards-Panthers is the super bowl.
New England can beat Carolina. Arizona would be a bad matchup for the Pats.

I think either NFC team would be a TD favorite over Denver. I would expect the NFC teams to be about a FG favorite over NE.

I would agree the NFC teams are slightly better right now.

NE can get stomped by Carolina. Arizona would be a bad matchup for NE??? A lot is to be seen, it's so funny to me all of the weeks in this thread for predictions. Week by week of forecasting is a waste of keystrokes and time. The week of?? Well yeah I get it, but the constant, let's see if it sticks? hilarious at best.

NE can get stomped by Carolina. Arizona would be a bad matchup for NE??? A lot is to be seen, it's so funny to me all of the weeks in this thread for predictions. Week by week of forecasting is a waste of keystrokes and time. The week of?? Well yeah I get it, but the constant, let's see if it sticks? hilarious at best.
NE could take away Olson from Cam and I think they are a smart D. The Panthers aren't a bad matchup for New England.

Arizona is like a more explosive Giants offense. The Cardinals would spread NE out and with Brown/Fitzgerald/Floyd would be tough matchup for the NE D. Which is predicated on how forcing you to drive the field and buckling down. I think the Cardinals would be by far the worst matchup for the Patriots of all the 3 teams left. I am not Bill Belichick who will be 100% focused on the Denver team. I am just saying the Cardinals would be the most difficult of these 3 teams for NE to beat.

Denver-NE game next week will be about the weather. I have no doubt that will be the biggest factor in that game. NE will probably blitz more next week than they did this week. As Pittsburgh showed a pretty good blueprint blitz Manning and you hurt him. The drops were not the biggest thing hurting Denver today. Sorry Denver had 2 drives that started inside the Pitt 35 in the first quarter and only got 2 FGs. Blaming that on drops would not be accurate.

Manning was not good in this game. I love the fact he will be the QB next week. If their is any wind advantage Tom Brady. This weekend of the 8 starting QBs I thought Manning was the 7th best QB playing.

Brock Osweiler would scare me way more. Honestly. I love the fact the Sheriff is the QB in this game.

NE could take away Olson from Cam and I think they are a smart D. The Panthers aren't a bad matchup for New England.

Arizona is like a more explosive Giants offense. The Cardinals would spread NE out and with Brown/Fitzgerald/Floyd would be tough matchup for the NE D. Which is predicated on how forcing you to drive the field and buckling down. I think the Cardinals would be by far the worst matchup for the Patriots of all the 3 teams left. I am not Bill Belichick who will be 100% focused on the Denver team. I am just saying the Cardinals would be the most difficult of these 3 teams for NE to beat.

Denver-NE game next week will be about the weather. I have no doubt that will be the biggest factor in that game. NE will probably blitz more next week than they did this week. As Pittsburgh showed a pretty good blueprint blitz Manning and you hurt him. The drops were not the biggest thing hurting Denver today. Sorry Denver had 2 drives that started inside the Pitt 35 in the first quarter and only got 2 FGs. Blaming that on drops would not be accurate.

Manning was not good in this game. I love the fact he will be the QB next week. If their is any wind advantage Tom Brady. This weekend of the 8 starting QBs I thought Manning was the 7th best QB playing.

Brock Osweiler would scare me way more. Honestly. I love the fact the Sheriff is the QB in this game.
Well that's the craziest point you could make. The weather???? LOL!! Did you see the weather today in Denver?? The only way the weather is even a consideration is if we have a storm coming in next week. There's one thing that's not even up for debate, that's on how to try and check Manning, and that's blitzing him!! Yo, this has been common knowledge since Manning's entered the league. LOL!! Ask any safety, namely Ty Law. It's the very basic principle on defending him and it's not blitzing him, DO NOT defend Manning this way ever, he says it all the time, you're completely wrong on this one. How many current and ex players and coaches can I name for you, that will say the one thing that you don't do to Manning is blitz!

And yes it was the drops to blame. No question at all. Wait until La'Fell has his this week...

Well that's the craziest point you could make. The weather???? LOL!! Did you see the weather today in Denver?? The only way the weather is even a consideration is if we have a storm coming in next week. There's one thing that's not even up for debate, that's on how to try and check Manning, and that's blitzing him!! Yo, this has been common knowledge since Manning's entered the league. LOL!! Ask any safety, namely Ty Law. It's the very basic principle on defending him and it's not blitzing him, DO NOT defend Manning this way ever, he says it all the time, you're completely wrong on this one. How many current and ex players and coaches can I name for you, that will say the one thing that you don't do to Manning is blitz!
Yes, the wind was a factor. If you watched games at Giants Stadium the wind has beensthe biggest factor in a lot of games when there wasn't any rain/snow.

If you don't think wind was a factor today I honestly can't believe you watched the game. Going left to right tonight the wind was a huge factor.

Pittsburgh blitzed Manning today a good number of times. They got guys threw clean a number of times.

There doesn't need to be a storm. All there needs to be is a 10 mph wind and then I give the Pats a bigger advantage. Manning was 21 for 37 for 222 yards.

And you're stil on the Brock stuff ?? LOL. His pre and post read snaps are horrible. I don't hate the kid, but also his long wind up combined with his strong arm get the ball there, is as quick as Mannings read and quick release...I'll take him as a 2nd option but obviously I'm on the same page as Kubiak...

Last edited:
And you're stil on the Brock stuff ?? LOL. His pre and post read snaps are horrible. I don't hate the kid, but also his long wind up combined with his strong arm get the ball there as quick as Mannings...I'll take him as a 2nd option but obviously I'm on the same page as Kubiak...
Dude Manning was not good in this game. Brady had a number of drops by Edelman/LaFell yesterday. The drops aren't even mentioned when looking at his performance.
Manning was like 2 for 12 on 3rd down today. He just isn't that good anymore. This is the headline from the game report on ESPN.com Peyton Manning wasn't at his best, but Denver's defense was Sunday, forcing the game's only turnover -- a Fitzgerald Toussaint fumble -- that led to the winning touchdown.

You want to hammer Osweiler for the turnovers in the SD when one of them was Sanders fumbling from a hit from behind, CJ Anderson fumbling, a tipped pass for an INT and another INT where the guy ran a wrong route. Why are these excuses not mentioned?

Manning has to be the reason Vegas has made the Broncos a home underdog.

And game planning on another team based on the week before...Haha, and I'm well aware of uggs stats. I've stated this is what I've wanted no matter win or lose, and I'll be tipping my beer to that next weekend, but we'll see what pff says tomorrow as far as performance on Manning. And yes that's besides what I saw. If you don't consider all the drops that the announcers and all of us people that watch every play, I can't help you. I never hammered on Osweiler against SD, so check yourself man. Re-read what I said. I know precisely what went on and always do when it comes to my team. Cut the fat and just keep on point. I don't miss much. Nobody made an excuse when it wansn't Brocks fault against SD. name a play. Who needed "excuses"? ... I completely expected a home dog and have said as much...next