2016-17 Coaching Carousel | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

2016-17 Coaching Carousel

Atlanta Falcons: Former Washington wide receivers coach/passing game coordinator Bush Hamdan has been announced as quarterbacks coach. The defending NFC champions have also announced former Rutgers head coach Kyle Flood as assistant offensive line coach, Dave Brock, Charlie Weis, Jr., and Justin Outten as offensive assistants, and, as FootballScoop first reported Monday, Georgia State defensive line coach Jess Simpson as a defensive assistant.

Atlanta Falcons: Former Washington wide receivers coach/passing game coordinator Bush Hamdan has been announced as quarterbacks coach. The defending NFC champions have also announced former Rutgers head coach Kyle Flood as assistant offensive line coach, Dave Brock, Charlie Weis, Jr., and Justin Outten as offensive assistants, and, as FootballScoop first reported Monday, Georgia State defensive line coach Jess Simpson as a defensive assistant.
As a current Atlanta area resident and fan of the local team, this major coaching influx does not excite me at all.
Happy for Justin, not thrilled to see the names of Flood and Weiss.

Welcome to the ATL, Justin!

Charlotte: Source tells FootballScoop Brad Lambert is adding former Oklahoma State offensive line coach Greg Adkins to his staff in the same capacity. With the move, it is expected current offensive line coach Johnson Richardson will move to tight ends.

Charlotte: Source tells FootballScoop Brad Lambert is adding former Oklahoma State offensive line coach Greg Adkins to his staff in the same capacity. With the move, it is expected current offensive line coach Johnson Richardson will move to tight ends.
A step down from P-5, but FBS nonetheless.
Not sure if his family is still in Tennessee. If so, he'll be closer.

North Carolina: Former Purdue running backs coach DeAndre Smith is expected to join the UNC staff in the same capacity reports InsideCarolina.com.

Notre Dame: Siriki Diabate has joined the ND staff as a defensive analyst, per source. Diabate previously coached the defensive backs at Colgate and was a defensive graduate assistant at Syracuse working with the linebacker prior to that.

Notre Dame: Siriki Diabate has joined the ND staff as a defensive analyst, per source. Diabate previously coached the defensive backs at Colgate and was a defensive graduate assistant at Syracuse working with the linebacker prior to that.
Old friend Clark Lea definitely helped here

Good for Siriki.
I talked to him for a bit at the team hotel the night before the GA Tech disaster.
A very nice fellow.

Scottsdale CC (JC – AZ): R. Todd Littlejohn has been named the offensive coordinator, per source.

Coach Frost is definitely a bit peeved Nebraska has come back to relevance a bit. He definitely wanted that job sooner than later. Getter tougher to win in Florida, especially at a directional school. So many big time coaches now pulling recruits even in state, let alone from SEC, ACC, Big 10, etc.

Why? I love Babers, but why give him an extension now?
I would have given Dino 1 year extension easily after the year.

We are stupid not to extend him if the administration believes in him.

Why? I love Babers, but why give him an extension now?
Give him an extra year if we believe in him. So when he turns it around the bump up doesn't have to be as large.

I think if Dino starts to win with his players, he'll stay. I truly believe the indoor track plays to his advantage and he knows that. The cash is secondary cuz he knows it'll come.

Give him an extra year if we believe in him. So when he turns it around the bump up doesn't have to be as large.
He already has a 6 year deal. Scott Frost's was 5 originally. They're now the same length. Extend Dino if he's successful next season and the ship is moving in the right direction

I think if Dino starts to win with his players, he'll stay. I truly believe the indoor track plays to his advantage and he knows that. The cash is secondary cuz he knows it'll come.
i am not sure that cash is secondary, although that appears to be true in jb's case

I can see why Riley stayed committed in spite of being a hot commodity the last two years.

Yeah. The timing for this is strange unless there was already a plan in place to let Riley take the reigns. He's an up-and-comer in the coaching ranks for sure, but handing the keys of a top 10 program to a guy who's never been a head coach is a bold move. With that being said, I believe Riley would be fine. If you can't win at OK, you aren't gonna win anywhere else. The big 12 overall is pretty weak compared to the other P5 conferences.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom