2016-17 Coaching Carousel | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

2016-17 Coaching Carousel

Joe Adam has a HC job. And Acosta left Cornell to go home to NJ. Don't think you will see either of them at WMU.

Adam is HC of a D3 program. You leave that for an assistant position in D1.

In AD news...Alabama AD stepping down and the Arizona AD will take the Bama job

Been there done that. I think he stays where he is. It isn't always about the position or the money.

SA is a D2 school now with the college admin. exploring the possibility of moving to D3. I agree that if offered a OL or DL position at WMU, Adam would bolt. Two ex-Cuse players, Darius Kelly & Charley Leob, are currently on Adam's coaching staff

Running backs coach is reputedly easier to replace that most positions, though recent experience in Ann Arbor demonstrates the importance of a good one. Mike Hart, who’s served as running backs coach at EMU and WMU and is currently in that role at Syracuse could be one candidate. Thomas Wilcher, the longtime head coach of Cass Tech, is also available. Harbaugh might even look at someone who isn’t a former Michigan running back. His track record says whoever it is will be good.

Exit: Tyrone Wheatley Sr | mgoblog

Good for him.

Strange place for him to end up.

Agreed. I figured he'd be up for the Wisconsin DC job. Strange that he is going to a G5 school in the south.

Maybe he brings Wolf with him as an assistant? Perhaps, that's why?

"We will put a physical, attacking, multiple defense on the field that will excel in fundamentals and tackling,"

So why did he leave Maryland? Was it to watch his son's Senior year?
I would imagine the salary he would have made at Maryland has to be close to double what he will make at Middle Tennessee State.

Good for him.

Strange place for him to end up.
Not really. MTSU is actually pretty good. Murfreesboro is a good town, too. Close, but not too close, to Nashville, as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom