2016-17 Coaching Carousel | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

2016-17 Coaching Carousel

Diaco is the second-longest serving HC in the AAC. He's been there for three seasons.

And replacing all his staff.

Or at least serving notice that he's not the problem, they are.

2. Looking at the leading candidates to replace Taggart, after suppressing the urge to vomit, I am really glad we landed Babers.
I too am really glad we landed Babers. However, I feel like we'd have more of a shot with Ruhle/Fleck/Miles than other schools this cycle because of the resources they're adding to the program.

And replacing all his staff.

Or at least serving notice that he's not the problem, they are.

One more year for the Dick. If they wait to can him until after Dec. 31, 2017, they owe him no $$. I expect an announcement on New Year's Day 2018 while watching some bowl game not involving UCant.

You get to play the "my coordinators" stunk it up" card one time.

I too am really glad we landed Babers. However, I feel like we'd have more of a shot with Ruhle/Fleck/Miles than other schools this cycle because of the resources they're adding to the program.
Every time you make a coaching change you are taking a big risk, because every coaching situation is different. The coaching landscape is littered with examples of coaches whose success with one program failed to translate to a new school. There are very few "can't miss" coaching candidates out there.

if we were shopping this cycle, and reports were les miles, id be less than thrilled

IMG_0775.jpg

Both Harbaugh and Tony Dungy went to bat for Taggert. Taggert coached under Harbaugh at Stanford. Tony's son played two years at Oregon then transferred to USF. Taggert has never had P5 money or P5 facilities. It was reported he already stole a Gator 4 star recruit and flipped him to Oregon before his plane landed for his formal intro.

Did you guys see this?

Coaching search updates: Lincoln Riley impresses Houston, Rhule spurns Oregon

Rhule took the Baylor job over Oregon. Oregon offered him the job and he'd rather go to BAYLOR than Oregon.

Cue questions of whether there's a lot of crap going on behind the scenes at Oregon.

Rhule got $6 mil a year at Baylor and Oregon gave Taggert $3.2 per year.. Rhule cashed in and he was given a 7 year deal so no pressure on him immediately he just needs to run a clean program and rebuild.

Nothing against Taggert, but Oregon could have done a lot better, I wouldn't be thrilled if I was a Ducks fan.

Did you guys see this?

Coaching search updates: Lincoln Riley impresses Houston, Rhule spurns Oregon

Rhule took the Baylor job over Oregon. Oregon offered him the job and he'd rather go to BAYLOR than Oregon.

Cue questions of whether there's a lot of crap going on behind the scenes at Oregon.

Well, he got a lot more money per year at Baylor, and a longer term contract. Plus, I'll bet Baylor promised to help keep out the boosters, while there's no way Phil Knight is going to stay out of things at Oregon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom