2016 Mets | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Mets

yesterday's lineup was a disgrace, and it was completely unnecessary. when filling out a lineup all terry cares about is lefty righty matchups, instead of ya know actually playing your best players. i dont understand when youre already down 3 starters to BENCH 2 more! how does sandy not call terry and question him on this.

and apparently they waited till today to activate loney to avoid him facing a lefty. its INSANITY! this should have been the lineup yesterday instead of that travesty terry put out.

grandy
cabrera
conforto
cespedes
walker
flores
loney
rivera

at least that resembles a major league lineup, but god forbid you have 3 lefties against a lefty starter, oh the humanity!!!

and i loved how he pinch hit campbell with 2 on in the 7th inning instead of grandy or conforto. hes so delusional hed rather campbell up over grandy or conforto just cuz a lefty is pitching. amazin.

yesterday's lineup was a disgrace, and it was completely unnecessary. when filling out a lineup all terry cares about is lefty righty matchups, instead of ya know actually playing your best players. i dont understand when youre already down 3 starters to BENCH 2 more! how does sandy not call terry and question him on this.

and apparently they waited till today to activate loney to avoid him facing a lefty. its INSANITY! this should have been the lineup yesterday instead of that travesty terry put out.

grandy
cabrera
conforto
cespedes
walker
flores
loney
rivera

at least that resembles a major league lineup, but god forbid you have 3 lefties against a lefty starter, oh the humanity!!!

and i loved how he pinch hit campbell with 2 on in the 7th inning instead of grandy or conforto. hes so delusional hed rather campbell up over grandy or conforto just cuz a lefty is pitching. amazin.

How do you react to losses?

grandy
cabrera
conforto
cespedes
walker
flores
loney
rivera

That was really dumb. He hits Granderson leadoff against Clayton freaking Kershaw, but he won't let him face a tiring Jose Quintana.

I don't mind flores over Loney; Flores will hit lefties better than Loney. Ty Kelly; eh, I dunno.

Apparently I'm in the minority as I thought Syndergaard should have been thrown out even without warnings. The ump had a judgement call and I couldn't blame him for the results. It was so overtly intentional that it was humorous. I couldn't believe how dumb that move was by Thor. If you are going to do that (which I don't think is necessary as SWC stated above) then please do it in the sixth or seventh.

The game yesterday was fantastic baseball. Great pitching from both sides. TC gets crap for the line up but the defensive lineup and positioning saved a couple runs. Quintana has to be annoyed giving up 1 run and is now sitting at 5-5 with a 2.13.

Couple other random game observations:
1. They had a great wave going in the seventh but man do I hate the wave for baseball games. Then they tried to get it going in the ninth. As if it wasn't already a great, suspenseful and interesting game.
2. I cannot stand 'Charge!'. What are we charging?
3. Music has improved so much this year.
4. Little nerdy looking kid from Jersey was up for the whiffle ball home run derby. I bet that he'd get less than 2. He broke the 2016 record. Major kudos.
5. It was nice to see the crowd behind Harvey and he got some well deserved standing ovations.
6. 7 train sucks. Recommendation if you are going to a game take the LIRR. On the way home take the 7 train for the Express or Super Express. 7 Trains were delayed over an hour thus causing sardine like conditions on the 7 and resulted in thousands of fans to miss the Navy Seals parachuting into the park, a fly over and the first inning of the game.

6. 7 train sucks. Recommendation if you are going to a game take the LIRR. On the way home take the 7 train for the Express or Super Express. 7 Trains were delayed over an hour thus causing sardine like conditions on the 7 and resulted in thousands of fans to miss the Navy Seals parachuting into the park, a fly over and the first inning of the game.

The one thing that bugs me is they don't have express trains on the weekend going to the game.

Apparently I'm in the minority as I thought Syndergaard should have been thrown out even without warnings. The ump had a judgement call and I couldn't blame him for the results. It was so overtly intentional that it was humorous. I couldn't believe how dumb that move was by Thor. If you are going to do that (which I don't think is necessary as SWC stated above) then please do it in the sixth or seventh.

The game yesterday was fantastic baseball. Great pitching from both sides. TC gets crap for the line up but the defensive lineup and positioning saved a couple runs. Quintana has to be annoyed giving up 1 run and is now sitting at 5-5 with a 2.13.

1. They had a great wave going in the seventh but man do I hate the wave for baseball games. Then they tried to get it going in the ninth. As if it wasn't already a great, suspenseful and interesting game.
4. Little nerdy looking kid from Jersey was up for the whiffle ball home run derby. I bet that he'd get less than 2. He broke the 2016 record. Major kudos.
5. It was nice to see the crowd behind Harvey and he got some well deserved standing ovations.
under what rule would you have thrown Thor out? even by rule if a batter is intentional thrown at they have the option of warning or throwing him out.. under no rule is not throwing at the batter an option to throw him out.. it was pretty clear he wasnt trying to hit him but just to let him know he could have and didnt.. even darling yesterday was amazed a backup AAA ump would be allowed to make that call.

I don't know how you throw a pitcher out when no warning was ever issued, and the guy didn't even hit him.

Apparently the umpires were told before the game not to throw anyone out without warning, this guy really screwed up.

Man... Terry is bad at managing his pen. He is way to formula based as opposed to feel based which means he uses Familia way too much and under uses other guys not often enough or for one out. I wonder if Robles's meltdown last night happened because he is never used.

Man... Terry is bad at managing his pen. He is way to formula based as opposed to feel based which means he uses Familia way too much and under uses other guys not often enough or for one out. I wonder if Robles's meltdown last night happened because he is never used.

Or it shows why Collins is reluctant to use him.

He's appeared in 24 of their 51 games, 2 fewer innings this year than Familia.

under what rule would you have thrown Thor out?

8.02(d) Intentionally Pitch at the Batter.

If, in the umpire’s judgment, such a violation occurs, the umpire may elect either to:

1. Expel the pitcher, or the manager and the pitcher, from the game, or

2. may warn the pitcher and the manager of both teams that another such pitch will result in the immediate expulsion of that pitcher (or a replacement) and the manager.

If, in the umpire’s judgment, circumstances warrant, both teams may be officially “warned” prior to the game or at any time during the game.

I said in the original post the umpires interpretation is subjective that he was intentionally throwing at the batter. Your opinion of Thor not trying to hit him is also subjective. The ump was allowed to do what he did in the rulebook. I'd assume if he didn't throw behind the batter he would have been fine and perhaps only a warning issued.

8.02(d) Intentionally Pitch at the Batter.

If, in the umpire’s judgment, such a violation occurs, the umpire may elect either to:

1. Expel the pitcher, or the manager and the pitcher, from the game, or

2. may warn the pitcher and the manager of both teams that another such pitch will result in the immediate expulsion of that pitcher (or a replacement) and the manager.

If, in the umpire’s judgment, circumstances warrant, both teams may be officially “warned” prior to the game or at any time during the game.

I said in the original post the umpires interpretation is subjective that he was intentionally throwing at the batter. Your opinion of Thor not trying to hit him is also subjective. The ump was allowed to do what he did in the rulebook. I'd assume if he didn't throw behind the batter he would have been fine and perhaps only a warning issued.

If he didn't throw behind the batter, what would the warning be about?

The Nats are two games ahead right now, if our offense continues to go like this, its going to get worse.

Yes but they're also 2 games ahead of the wild card.

Anything is possible, but I would be very surprised if the Mets are out of the playoff race really at any time this year.

Yes but they're also 2 games ahead of the wild card.

Anything is possible, but I would be very surprised if the Mets are out of the playoff race really at any time this year.

Not the way we are swinging the bats, 9 walks against an awful white sox pitching staff, and one run.

Some radio guy was saying the Mets should start trading their starting pitchers away to get a catcher, get more hitters, etc.

Please, no. I want to see a rotation of Harvey, Wheeler, DeGrom, Syndergaard and Matts, in any order with Colon in long relief. Don't break up the pitching version of "murderer's row" to deal with a temporary situation.

And we are going to lose a game because we gave up a double to a fat relief pitcher, just awesome. This team is going nowhere.

20 baserunners. One run.

We need to get healthy fast.

And we are going to lose a game because we gave up a double to a fat relief pitcher, just awesome. This team is going nowhere.

Let's not give up on June 1st, with three guys out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom