2016 Mets | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Mets

What a job by this team, they were 60-62 and dead in the water, great job by Terry Collins and his staff, this feels more rewarding than last year.

Congrats Mets! With all of the injuries and bad hitting and bad managing I'm shocked they were able to win 87 games and qualify for the wild card game @ citi. Everything else that happens from here on out is house money.

Congrats Mets! With all of the injuries and bad hitting and bad managing I'm shocked they were able to win 87 games and qualify for the wild card game @ citi. Everything else that happens from here on out is house money.

Bad managers don't win 87 games and take teams to back to back postseasons.

I'll always question manager's decisions, that's what baseball fans do.

I'm not sure that Collins is a great strategic manager? I question a lot of his decisions, but there's more to managing than being a great strategist. Things like managing the different personalities on a team. That may be where Collins excels?

I'm not sure that Collins is a great strategic manager? I question a lot of his decisions, but there's more to managing than being a great strategist. Things like managing the different personalities on a team. That may be where Collins excels?

All managers make head scratching moved, the bottom line is he kept this team together. He lost 3/5ths of his rotation, his starting 3b,1b,2b, he lost Cespedes for a few weeks, and somehow this team is going to the playoffs.

Bad managers don't win 87 games and take teams to back to back postseasons.
If you don't think that waiting till game 161 to have D'arnaud bunt over a dude on 1st to 2nd with no outs is bad managing I don't know what to tell you. If you don't think that we're on to game 162 and I can't think of a solitary hit and run attempt this year that we've tried even though the team is terrible at batting w/ RISP I don't know what to tell you. If you think Terry's handling of Conforto isn't bad management I don't know what to tell you. If you think Terry's ridiculous adherence to leftie vs righty and trying to get left/right/left/right lineups isn't bad managing I don't know what to tell you.

I could go on... I agree that Terry is a great people manager and he should get a lot of credit for the team's accomplishments both this year and last but he's a pretty piss poor game manager and he has botched the development of Conforto. Also does the manager get no blame for the shitshow that's the Mets with RISP?

If you don't think that waiting till game 161 to have D'arnaud bunt over a dude on 1st to 2nd with no outs is bad managing I don't know what to tell you. If you don't think that we're on to game 162 and I can't think of a solitary hit and run attempt this year that we've tried even though the team is terrible at batting w/ RISP I don't know what to tell you. If you think Terry's handling of Conforto isn't bad management I don't know what to tell you. If you think Terry's ridiculous adherence to leftie vs righty and trying to get left/right/left/right lineups isn't bad managing I don't know what to tell you.

I could go on... I agree that Terry is a great people manager and he should get a lot of credit for the team's accomplishments both this year and last but he's a pretty piss poor game manager and he has botched the development of Conforto. Also does the manager get no blame for the shitshow that's the Mets with RISP?

And if we didn't get a hit there, you would have said he shouldn't have bunted, this is a team that is at the top of the league in hrs, its not a small ball team. Its not terry's fault this team was so bad with risp, part of it was we had so many guys out of the lineup.

And if we didn't get a hit there, you would have said he shouldn't have bunted, this is a team that is at the top of the league in hrs, its not a small ball team. Its not terry's fault this team was so bad with risp, part of it was we had so many guys out of the lineup.
I would not have said he shouldn't of have bunted... D'arnaud has proven this year he can't hit worth with RISP or otherwise. So might as make his out worth something w/ the sacrifice. This is the type of thing we should have been doing all season to generate offense.

I would not have said he shouldn't of have bunted... D'arnaud has proven this year he can't hit worth with RISP or otherwise. So might as make his out worth something w/ the sacrifice. This is the type of thing we should have been doing all season to generate offense.

Of course he can't, the guy blows, but it was the perfect scenario to bunt in that inning. If you want to bunt in the 9th inning with a one one lead, thats one thing, you can't just ask a team that hits a ton of hrs to bunt all the time.

And heres another thing, as you mentioned before this team was historically bad with risp for the longest time, if your that bad with risp, what is the point to bunting guys over?

Oh I'm sure he's pretty terrible tactically.

its funny how people always complain out teams they watch and ignore the mistakes other guys make.

After everything that's happened this season, I'm beyond excited that they made the playoffs. Even if it's one and done I'm still pumped.

We are playing with house money, I am ok with whatever happens going forward.

Me too, but I'll be honest and say that I'll be a little bit disappointed if we don't move on to face the Cubs, only because I give us more than a puncher's chance of beating them.

Me too, but I'll be honest and say that I'll be a little bit disappointed if we don't move on to face the Cubs, only because I give us more than a puncher's chance of beating them.

I might be a little bit, to be honest, I really don't have much hope for us beating the cubs with all of our pitchers out, and I just think its their year, but then again you never know.

I'll be there Wednesday, I have a bad track record. Was at the final game in the 06, 07, and 08 seasons.

I think realistically it would be very difficult to beat the Cubs, especially with Thor only getting one start against them. But it's baseball, you never know.

This is cool, it's a coin-flip, just like playing Cincinnati in 1999.

Struck me as funny after going back and reviewing numbers from those seasons - we won one more game in both 1997 and 1998 than we did this year and still missed out on the wildcard.

This is cool, it's a coin-flip, just like playing Cincinnati in 1999.

Struck me as funny after going back and reviewing numbers from those seasons - we won one more game in both 1997 and 1998 than we did this year and still missed out on the wildcard.

It's crazy to think those seasons were almost 20 years ago. Wow.

Also throw in 07 and 08, both hugely disappointing seasons. 88 wins in 07 and 89 in 08.

It's crazy to think those seasons were almost 20 years ago. Wow.

Also throw in 07 and 08, both hugely disappointing seasons. 88 wins in 07 and 89 in 08.

Bernard Gilkey turned 50 a couple weeks ago.

This was truly one of the 5 most surprising things that happened to me this year.

Bernard Gilkey turned 50 a couple weeks ago.

This was truly one of the 5 most surprising things that happened to me this year.

Bernard Gilkey in 1996 was one of the most random amazing seasons you'll see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom