2016 Mets | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Mets

I'll be there Wednesday, I have a bad track record. Was at the final game in the 06, 07, and 08 seasons.

I think realistically it would be very difficult to beat the Cubs, especially with Thor only getting one start against them. But it's baseball, you never know.

i was at the final game in '06 and '07, i stayed home for '08 thinking i was the problem. i wasnt.

if the wild card game was on the road id say we're playing with house money, but playing at home with thor on the mound id be extremely disappointed if we lost. cubs series would definitely be house money.

i was at the final game in '06 and '07, i stayed home for '08 thinking i was the problem. i wasnt.

if the wild card game was on the road id say we're playing with house money, but playing at home with thor on the mound id be extremely disappointed if we lost. cubs series would definitely be house money.

I was going to go to the final game in 07, thank god I didn't, what a debacle that was.

If you look at the betting line, Mets are -108, Giants -102. Almost as close to a toss up as you can get.

I t hey lose on Wednesday, especially being there, I'm going to be disappointed. But I think when I reflect back on it, considering all the injuries, it's going to be hard to be too down about the season

Any Mets bars in Syracuse for Wednesday?

Now that's a good question.

I've always thought we're a minority up here, can't even remember seeing any Mets stuff in a bar in this area.

Also if we win I then need to figure out how much money I'm going to spend to go to Chicago for the game Friday. Anyone else debating going? Last time I was in Chicago for a sporting event it went pretty well...

Also if we win I then need to figure out how much money I'm going to spend to go to Chicago for the game Friday. Anyone else debating going? Last time I was in Chicago for a sporting event it went pretty well...

Just got off Kayak a couple minutes ago, was a little surprised by the prices from Syracuse.

Just got off Kayak a couple minutes ago, was a little surprised by the prices from Syracuse.

I'm somewhat lucky, I have a flight voucher that should get me there, and one of my best friends is working the series for MLB network so I have a hotel. But tickets are going to be pretty steep.

Yeah, my friend out there bought a pair on Stubhub and paid a bundle.

There's always the 'wait til the second inning and buy at a discount from a scalper' option. Got tenth row behind home plate for a Met game at Wrigley a few years ago for below face value with that method.

Yeah, my friend out there bought a pair on Stubhub and paid a bundle.

There's always the 'wait til the second inning and buy at a discount from a scalper' option. Got tenth row behind home plate for a Met game at Wrigley a few years ago for below face value with that method.

Interesting. I wonder how effective that is in a playoff game though.

I don't think any Met fans will be going to Chicago Friday unfortunately.. I want the Mets to win but Bum is going to be tough tonight

I don't think any Met fans will be going to Chicago Friday unfortunately.. I want the Mets to win but Bum is going to be tough tonight

He'll be tough, for sure, but Noah is his equal in every way. Just as tough, just as determined, just as talented. His WS start last year told me all I need to know about his hunger for & attitude in big games.

Last time Bumgarner faced the Mets, he was pedestrian. Last time Syndergaard faced the Giants, he was spectacular.

I think the outcome of the game depends on which Bumgarner shows up... if it's playoff Bumgarner from two years ago then that dude is unhittable. Unfortunately Thor is good for one or two walks per game which then puts runners on base who then distract him because he struggles with runners on base which causes him to start catching more of the plate which leads to a single here and a single there and next thing you know it's 3-0 bad guys. Playoff Bumgarner goes 9 and 3 runs is enough to end the game. I have a bad feeling that this is what happens tonight.

Bumgarner is down right NASTY in big spots as we all know... Playoffs are different but going to be a great game to watch, can't wait. I want the Mets because as a Cubs fans I want nothing to do with the Giants. Mets will be very tough

I think the outcome of the game depends on which Bumgarner shows up... if it's playoff Bumgarner from two years ago then that dude is unhittable. Unfortunately Thor is good for one or two walks per game which then puts runners on base who then distract him because he struggles with runners on base which causes him to start catching more of the plate which leads to a single here and a single there and next thing you know it's 3-0 bad guys. Playoff Bumgarner goes 9 and 3 runs is enough to end the game. I have a bad feeling that this is what happens tonight.

Agreed, should know relatively quickly, mets need to jump him early, when he finds his groove he is damn tough

he could be great and so could be Thor and its zero zero into the 8th. but I think someone hits a home-run early and its the Cincinnati kid the it would be awesome.

The first two innings are not promising... 14 pitches for madbum and 6 outs. Here comes the Mets bad hitting again. Sigh:

The first two innings are not promising... 14 pitches for madbum and 6 outs. Here comes the Mets bad hitting again. Sigh:
20 pitches for the first 9 outs. Good lord. Wonder what the record is for fewest pitches in a complete game by a pitcher.

I don't get it, make him work, up his pitch count to get to the awful sf bullpen.

Great outing by Thor but madbum outlasted him... I bet Bochy lets him hit in the 8th

I'd like to see Cabrera be the hero...the guy has been great this year despite being dinged up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom