2017-18 ACC Bowl Action | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2017-18 ACC Bowl Action

Big 10 actually bringing it this year in the bowls so far. Be interesting to see how Penn State and Wisconsin do today. Hopefully Penn State loses by 50. SEC winless so far. ACC is 4-3

2017-18 Conference Bowl Records

The PAC-12 is not doing very well either at 1-7...

Yikes good call. I skimmed past their record when I saw the SEC.

Big Ten looks like the best conference of 2017. And I'm not sure it's close.

You poor, misguided souls. All Wake QBs get 10 years of eligibility. You'd better watch out that Rusty LaRue doesn't suit up for them again next year!
lol Dungey is on his 4th year as a starter but it feels like 2 years because of his injuries.

Big Ten looks like the best conference of 2017. And I'm not sure it's close.
Im not big on just going by bowl games. Im not saying its not significant. I just think there are so many factors. Match ups, styles of plays, injuries, sit outs, coach firings/leaving, suspensions etc.. We have to see what conferences do collectively. How much do you factor in wins in the smaller bowls? If Clemson beats Bama. Does that carry the ACC more because its best vs best? The best conference will always be a debate. Its just interesting to see the different prospectives people have.

This Mississippi State Louisville is a tough matchup. I never cheer for the SEC, but cheering for a Petrino coached team isn't an easy thing to wrap my mind around either.

Im not big on just going by bowl games. Im not saying its not significant. I just think there are so many factors. Match ups, styles of plays, injuries, sit outs, coach firings/leaving, suspensions etc.. We have to see what conferences do collectively. How much do you factor in wins in the smaller bowls? If Clemson beats Bama. Does that carry the ACC more because its best vs best? The best conference will always be a debate. Its just interesting to see the different prospectives people have.

Totally agree

Hard not to have a ton of respect for Lamar Jackson. He's a prime example of the player you expect would sit out. Really has nothing left to prove. And he's out there, running the ball, taking chances, doing what it takes to win.

Pretty amazing that he got thru the past two seasons injury free.

Hard not to have a ton of respect for Lamar Jackson. He's a prime example of the player you expect would sit out. Really has nothing left to prove. And he's out there, running the ball, taking chances, doing what it takes to win.

Pretty amazing that he got thru the past two seasons injury free.
Ive grown lot of respect for L Jackson through the years. I had my doubts about him. You are right, he is durable. Probaby the best athlete Ive seen at the QB position. Im not sure if he has a future as an NFL QB but he has done a good job of convincing me he does.

Agreed. Would love to know what the record is in bowl games where the teams are being coached by an interim coach. As a degenerate gambler I often go against these teams but am sometimes burned.

This Mississippi State Louisville is a tough matchup. I never cheer for the SEC, but cheering for a Petrino coached team isn't an easy thing to wrap my mind around either.

Petrino and Jackson just ran the worst two minute drill to end a game that I’ve seen lately

Petrino and Jackson just ran the worst two minute drill to end a game that I’ve seen lately
I saw that. Jackson is normally good with using his legs. Surprised he just kept backing up into those sacks. All he had to do was escape the pocket.

Edit. Also had 4 picks today. 3 to the same person. I hope he doesnt try to stay 1 more year to re prove himself. lol

Now 7-0.

I know we're all programmed to hate the Big Ten but I'm going to go ahead and stand by my statement.

Now 7-0.

I know we're all programmed to hate the Big Ten but I'm going to go ahead and stand by my statement.
I dont hate the Big 10. I dont watch college football with fan eyes. Big 10 going 7-0 in bowl games is great but it doesnt mean they are the best conference. I didnt necesssarily think the ACC was the best when they had a good bowl season last year. Dont forget, B10 has no playoff team this year. SEC has two. What if Georgia and Bama meet each other in the chip? Wouldnt that make a strong case for that conference? Big 10 has their best teams playing opponents they should beat. They are the higher ranked team in each win. 20th ranked Northwestern team beat a unranked Kentucky team by 1. Is that impressive? Most impressive win they had was 18th ranked Mich st beating 21st ranked Washington st. by a large margin. There's just too many different arguments. If you choose to just look at bowl wins, thats fine if it works for you. For me, I look at the whole season and the bowl games. The whole body of work. There's just too much variables to concider. Too many things that impact bowl games.

I dont hate the Big 10. I dont watch college football with fan eyes. Big 10 going 7-0 in bowl games is great but it doesnt mean they are the best conference. I didnt necesssarily think the ACC was the best when they had a good bowl season last year. Dont forget, B10 has no playoff team this year. SEC has two. What if Georgia and Bama meet each other in the chip? Wouldnt that make a strong case for that conference? Big 10 has their best teams playing opponents they should beat. They are the higher ranked team in each win. 20th ranked Northwestern team beat a unranked Kentucky team by 1. Is that impressive? Most impressive win they had was 18th ranked Mich st beating 21st ranked Washington st. by a large margin. There's just too many different arguments. If you choose to just look at bowl wins, thats fine if it works for you. For me, I look at the whole season and the bowl games. The whole body of work. There's just too much variables to concider. Too many things that impact bowl games.
Agree with everything you said. I just think that many people (including the talking heads) see 7-0 and knee-jerk their way to B1G = best conference (regardless of the B1G absence in the playoff). Not all. But many.

Agree with everything you said. I just think that many people (including the talking heads) see 7-0 and knee-jerk their way to B1G = best conference (regardless of the B1G absence in the playoff). Not all. But many.
I get it. Average fan is gonna see 7-0 and think Big10 must be the best lol. It's just funny because it seem like most people thought the Big 10 was over rated during the regular season. Now people are jumping on the bandwagon because they are 7-0. They are just having a good bowl season.

Last edited:
Now 7-0.

During the regular season if I recall you had Ohio state thumped by Oklahoma, Michigan State got thumped by Notre Dame, northwestern got thumped by Duke. I’m sure there are others. The Big Ten has had an outstanding bowl weekend but you can’t go by one weekend, need to look at the whole season. They’re not upsetting anybody their teams are ranked and beating who they should beat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom