2017-18 ACC Bowl Action | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2017-18 ACC Bowl Action

Now 7-0.

I know we're all programmed to hate the Big Ten but I'm going to go ahead and stand by my statement.

That’s what happens when you don’t make the final four. Imagine if The ACC didn’t get into the final four. Clemson would have played the orange bowl, Miami takes on a lesser opponent in another bowl and so on. The ACC would have a much better bowl record right now if that was the case. Would that make the ACC the best conference. It really doesn’t matter because the SEC is back as king of the conferences no matter how the final four plays out.

Last edited:
I’m waiting to see what happens tomorrow when Michigan plays South Carolina. One thing I’ll note is that B1G right now is 7-0 against P5 schools all. Every other P5 conference had or has at least one bowl game against a non-P5 school. The ACC had three bowl games against non-P5 schools and went 2-1 in those games. Right now I think most people have the sense that the committee undervalued the B1G this season while overvaluing some of the other conferences- the strength of schedule metric/algorithm is obervalued and flawed/biased. I felt that way when the committee released its initial rankings and my perception never changed. I’m not saying B1G was dominatnt this season. Just saying it was really good and definitley better than very influential people gave it credit for being. Indiana beat Virginia early this season, and the Hoosiers end up not qualifying for a bowl game. UVa gets blown out by Navy in its bowl match up. IU probbably makes a bowl though if B1G teams played an 8-game conference schedule like ACC and SEC teams do instead of the 9-game conference schedule that B1G schools play. And the much-maligned B1G West? Those B1G schools go 4-0 in bowl games. Wisconsin even beat Miami in Miami.

Last edited:
I’m waiting to see what happens tomorrow when Michigan plays South Carolina. One thing I’ll note is that B1G right now is 7-0 against P5 schools all. Every other P5 conference had or has at least one bowl game against a non-P5 school. The ACC had three bowl games against non-P5 schools and went 2-1 in those games. Right now I think most people have the sense that the committee undervalued the B1G this season while overvaluing some of the other conferences- the strength of schedule metric/algorithm is obervalued and flawed/biased. I felt that way when the committee released its initial rankings and my perception never changed. I’m not saying B1G was dominatnt this season. Just saying it was really good and definitley better than very influential people gave it credit for being. Indiana beat Virginia early this season, and the Hoosiers end up not qualifying for a bowl game. UVa gets blown out by Navy in its bowl match up. IU probbably makes a bowl though if B1G teams played an 8-game conference schedule like ACC and SEC teams do instead of the 9-game conference schedule that B1G schools play.

The committee didn’t undervalue the B1G considering the B1G got knocked around out of conference during the season.

The committee didn’t undervalue the B1G considering the B1G got knocked around out of conference during the season.
B1G schools did just fine OOC early in the season. They weren’t dominant, but they did just as well or even better than the other P5 conferences did OOC. I’ll go into this more after Michigan plays South Carolina. Michigan’s defense has been very stout all season despite replacing pretty much the entire unit from the 2016 season. They’ve struggled on offense where they had a QB injury early and also had a whole lot of new faces starting. Should be a good game.

I’m waiting to see what happens tomorrow when Michigan plays South Carolina. One thing I’ll note is that B1G right now is 7-0 against P5 schools all. Every other P5 conference had or has at least one bowl game against a non-P5 school. The ACC had three bowl games against non-P5 schools and went 2-1 in those games. Right now I think most people have the sense that the committee undervalued the B1G this season while overvaluing some of the other conferences- the strength of schedule metric/algorithm is obervalued and flawed/biased. I felt that way when the committee released its initial rankings and my perception never changed. I’m not saying B1G was dominatnt this season. Just saying it was really good and definitley better than very influential people gave it credit for being. Indiana beat Virginia early this season, and the Hoosiers end up not qualifying for a bowl game. UVa gets blown out by Navy in its bowl match up. IU probbably makes a bowl though if B1G teams played an 8-game conference schedule like ACC and SEC teams do instead of the 9-game conference schedule that B1G schools play.
Good points. The better teams in the conference were very good they just had some flaws that kept them from being playoff teams. Purdue's win was more impressive to me. Just based on where they were at a year ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom