2017 NBA draft live thread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2017 NBA draft live thread

Glad Lydon ended up in Denver, but I hope Mali gets out of Sactown with Hield and Jackson on the team. They have a ton of young players after tonight.

Try as he might, Briancuse could not keep Tyler Lydon out of the first round

2017-06-22 23.21.04.png

Zen on drafting his 18 year old Euro.
“We’ll take whatever his advancement is as a player,” said Jackson, who declined Thursday to elaborate on the nature of trade talks regarding Porzingis. “If he has to grow into that role and come off the bench and become a player who has to learn how to play the game, that’s fine.”
With the 8th pick. Not even a player who has to learn how to play the game but one who aspires to become a player who one day might be a player who has to learn the game. Well done sir. Well done.

Try as he might, Briancuse could not keep Tyler Lydon out of the first round

View attachment 101691

I know your just messing around, but this idea that I was rooting against him is a joke, why would I not want a Syracuse player to go in the first round? And Considering my prediction was him being a first round pick, why would I be rooting against that?

I know your just messing around, but this idea that I was rooting against him is a joke, why would I not want a Syracuse player to go in the first round? And Considering my prediction was him being a first round pick, why would I be rooting against that?
Hey, I put real work into that post, including Photoshopping the number and trying to get the correct shade of orange.

Hey, I put real work into that post, including Photoshopping the number and trying to get the correct shade of orange.

You did put a lot of effort into it, I just wanted to set the record straight that I would never root against a Syracuse player.

You did put a lot of effort into it, I just wanted to set the record straight that I would never root against a Syracuse player.
You know I know that.

Ainge is FOS if he claims he would have taken Tatum at 1.

Way to waste the top pick asset Danny. Atleast you didn't take another defend first Big who can't shoot like Josh Jackson.

Ainge is FOS if he claims he would have taken Tatum at 1.

Way to waste the top pick asset Danny. Atleast you didn't take another defend first Big who can't shoot like Josh Jackson.

Boston has got to cash in on these assets at some point, right?

Boston has got to cash in on these assets at some point, right?
Apparently he is with Paul George but Indiana wanted a lot more than the leverage they have now.

Ainge offered them Bradley, Smart, Zeller(non-guaranteed contract), La Clippers 2018, Memphis 2018 pick.

Indiana wanted Tatum. I think they will get George once Indiana realizes they have no leverage.

Knicks did you think Chicago got fleeced for Jimmy Butler?

I couldn't believe Jalen Rose on the draft killing Chicago's return.

I thought the Bulls killed the Wolves.
Lavine averaged 19 PPG last year and the last 3 years 13.7 PPG.

Dunn was the 5th pick last year and they got the 7th pick this year.

I thought it was a really good haul. Butler is 28 and isn't a top 10 player. He is top 20.

I thought it was a really good haul. Butler is 28 and isn't a top 10 player. He is top 20.

I agree. You got one legit back court player another young talented back court player and a chance to replace Butler with the 7th pick. A lot of wings of Butlers level come and go or just don't stay at that level for a long period of time. Butler is a very good player but the Bulls aren't beating the Cavs or C's this coming season. They got younger and moved up in the draft.

Wow. I thought the Bulls got murdered in that deal.

They got the 7th pick, but they swapped the 16th. So they moved up 9 spots, and then took Markannen, which meh. (at best) Lavine is good, but he's coming off a blown ACL, and he's just good. And Dunn was a high pick last year, but he wasn't any good.

Jimmy Butler isn't a top ten player, I agree, but he's probably somewhere around 15? And he's signed at a good contract for the next 2 years. I thought that was a steal for Minn.

I think the Bulls got more for Jimmy Butler then the Nuggets got for Carmelo Anthony.

Wow. I thought the Bulls got murdered in that deal.

They got the 7th pick, but they swapped the 16th. So they moved up 9 spots, and then took Markannen, which meh. (at best) Lavine is good, but he's coming off a blown ACL, and he's just good. And Dunn was a high pick last year, but he wasn't any good.

Jimmy Butler isn't a top ten player, I agree, but he's probably somewhere around 15? And he's signed at a good contract for the next 2 years. I thought that was a steal for Minn.
Boston could've had Butler for the third pick and Jae Crowder, Marcus smart and declined.

Boston could've had Butler for the third pick and Jae Crowder, Marcus smart and declined.

If that is true, I think Boston did a really bad job.

I think the Wolves got a LOT better.

They gave up a wildcard lotto pick, who knows what will come of that. Dunn's really old for a second year player, hasn't accomplished anything as a rookie. Lavine's great NBA achievements have happened in the dunk contest, the dude hasn't contributed to much winning in his career, and he's coming off an injury so who knows how well he'll retain his athleticism.

The Wolves now have perennial all-star Butler for three years on a very, very reasonable contract, KAT with three more years on a pretty cheap deal, and Wiggins with two more years on a cheap deal. That's a Hell of a trio for not a lot of money. Right now it looks like they're about $15M under the cap for next season, but they can get lower by dumping Jordan Hill at $4M and they waived Pekovic a few days ago due to career ending injuries and I think that may free up even more cash for them. So they all of a sudden are a pretty interesting free agent destination, and they look to have a squad that goes Rubio/Butler/Wiggins/KAT/Dieng. That looks pretty competitive. Find a bench, Thibs calls the shots... I think the Timberwolves are really dangerous.

And the Bulls are the island of misfit toys, so they got that going for them.

If that is true, I think Boston did a really bad job.
Jimmy Butler is not a player I would be excited to pay a large ransom for.

The guys 28 he's not that young he's not going to be the same player in a couple years from now. Thibodeau's gonna run him into the ground playing him 40 MPG.

Watching Butler in this last playoff series against the Celtics when they were up 2 to 0 their best player was Rajon rondo. Butler was totally underwhelming and was out played drastically by Avery Bradley head to head game 5 and he quit in game 6.

Butler isn't even a lock All-Star next year.

The guys 28 he's not that young he's not going to be the same player in a couple years from now. Thibodeau's gonna run him into the ground playing him 40 MPG.

Watching Butler in this last playoff series against the Celtics when they were up 2 to 0 their best player was Rajon rondo. Butler was totally underwhelming and was out played drastically by Avery Bradley head to head game 5 and he quit in game 6.

I guess I'm just not sure that's a ransom. Crowder is a good role player on a great contract, Smart may not be that, and Jayson Tatum?

It's not like 28 is old. (He's 27 now, but 28 when the year starts, so point taken). Butler can absolutely be the second best player on a title team. (Well, maybe not in a Warriors world, but i think you know where I'm going) Jimmy Butler would be the second best player on the Cavs, the Spurs, maybe the Clippers? Pretty much everyone but GS, right?)

I think you're really underrating Butler's value as a player relative to his contract. He's a bargain.

BTW I never want to hear anything about players staying in school.
Ivan Rabb would have been a lottery pick last year. He returned for his Sophomore year. He got drafted in the second round last night. Players should go when the iron is hot leave as early as you can and get that guaranteed money.

BTW I never want to hear anything about players staying in school.
Ivan Rabb would have been a lottery pick last year. He returned for his Sophomore year. He got drafted in the second round last night. Players should go when the iron is hot leave as early as you can and get that guaranteed money.
Almost posted that last night when I saw his name come up, but I was falling asleep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom