2017 Roster ranking | Syracusefan.com

2017 Roster ranking

20Plus

Rank the players one through nine in terms of overall contributions to this years team

1)Battle
2)OBrissett
3) Thorpe
That's a good start now it is a toss up.
4)Marek
5)Howard
6)Sidbe
7)Moyer
8)Washington
9)PC

I'm OK with this that's six solid players IF The bottom 6/2 of them are ready to fill the 4,5, 6 spots in our rotation

Depth 789
Then of the three that didn't make the second group let's get depth out of them to be the seventh and eighth man and let's roll

I would go:

Battle and then the rest is a toss up at this point. There is a lot to like about most of these guys but they are more or less prospects at this point. They will get their chance this year and then we will know what we have.

Hard to rank guys you haven't seen play. I think Moyer would be a little low there. I don't know how this team scores 60 points.
The only thing I am concerned about at this point is the lack of apparent 3 point shooting

Next year is pointless.
I will just enjoy the season for entertainment and expect nothing.

I hope Battle has an all-conference level season and gets drafted in the first round.

Beyond that I just want to not get frustrated by Frank Howard and want the rest of the team to develop on the court.

I hope JB teaches an actual offense and we don't run the same ISO and point guard/ball screen and take difficult jumpers offense again.

I think Brissett is very underrated when it comes to recruiting, but I have a feeling he's being very overrated by the fans.

When and who was the last recruit who came in and was the second biggest contributor to the team, let alone a non heralded one?

Battle, Thorpe and Howard are going to be the main scorers, the last two by default.

The one thing we have on our side is the way the schedule is set up, we got lucky.

Next year is pointless.
I will just enjoy the season for entertainment and expect nothing.

I hope Battle has an all-conference level season and gets drafted in the first round.

Beyond that I just want to not get frustrated by Frank Howard and want the rest of the team to develop on the court.

I hope JB teaches an actual offense and we don't run the same ISO and point guard/ball screen and take difficult jumpers offense again.

I would expect the same offense with the ball in Battles hands a lot with teams trying to cut off his driving lanes. I expect defenses to give our forwards as many jump shots as they want to take. This isn't White/Lydon that other teams have to worry about on the perimeter.

I would expect the same offense with the ball in Battles hands a lot with teams trying to cut off his driving lanes. I expect defenses to give our forwards as many jump shots as they want to take. This isn't White/Lydon that other teams have to worry about on the perimeter.
We won't score 50 points against good defenses then.

JB not changing to his personnel is bad coaching.

Any truth to this Twitter dream of King reclassifying for 2017?

So we're going as far back as Moten, that's kinda my point.

For someone who is unheralded.

We've actually had plenty of first-year guys who have stepped up and been significant contributors...GMAC, Devo, Lydon, Battle...add those to the other three and that is 7 guys in the last 14 years...

We've actually had plenty of first-year guys who have stepped up and been significant contributors...GMAC, Devo, Lydon, Battle...add those to the other three and that is 7 guys in the last 14 years...

And out of those 7 guys 3 were mcdonalds all Americans, Lydon and Gmac were really the only ones that were "under the radar" and they kinda weren't.

Sidibe, looks kinda projectish, Brissett looks the part but needs to produce.

You named 7 guys, I can unfortunately name 7 the past 4 years who either stunk or didn't even come close to expectations.

I would think Brissetts high impact would be similar to Lydon if he exceeds his ranking just with a different skill set. That won't be bad, but we need Thorpe and Howard to be as good or better than Cooney and Mal.

I think Brissett is very underrated when it comes to recruiting, but I have a feeling he's being very overrated by the fans.

When and who was the last recruit who came in and was the second biggest contributor to the team, let alone a non heralded one?

Battle, Thorpe and Howard are going to be the main scorers, the last two by default.

The one thing we have on our side is the way the schedule is set up, we got lucky.
I'm gonna save this and after just a few games you'll see Brissett

Anyone remember this show?
f3354822f164496b6e992ab9ceda9ed3.jpg

And out of those 7 guys 3 were mcdonalds all Americans, Lydon and Gmac were really the only ones that were "under the radar" and they kinda weren't.

Sidibe, looks kinda projectish, Brissett looks the part but needs to produce.

You named 7 guys, I can unfortunately name 7 the past 4 years who either stunk or didn't even come close to expectations.

Look, you asked the question about newcomers being #2 contributors - as if they were a rarity, regardless of whether they were heralded or not. So I gave you several.

So we're going as far back as Moten, that's kinda my point.
Jerami Grant. 2012-13. He would have gotten even more minutes as a frosh and probably produced higher numbers if it wasn't for CJ and the need for Southy to be on the floor to provide a shooting threat. OB and Grant actually compare pretty favorably. Grant is probably more athletic but OB's shot and handle seem better at this stage.

Triche, Harris, Flynn, CJ, MCW would've played a lot more as a frosh if we didn't have so much returning experience at guard in 2011-12.

Jerami Grant. 2012-13. He would have gotten even more minutes as a frosh and probably produced higher numbers if it wasn't for CJ and the need for Southy to be on the floor to provide a shooting threat. OB and Grant actually compare pretty favorably. Grant is probably more athletic but OB's shot and handle seem better at this stage.

Brissett needs to do a hell of a lot more than Grant did his freshman year if he's going to be our second most productive player or we're not going to win a game.

I'm gonna save this and after just a few games you'll see Brissett

Ok that's fine, you're acting like I think he stinks, which I don't and I'm on record many times saying he'll be good.

But I'm not getting trapped into a BS post like this, he fails and I bring it up then I'm a "negative", he succeeds and I get trashed.

Just because I'm fair to the kid with the expectations on him isn't fair to do?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom