2017 Spring Game Thread, ACCNX 10AM | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Spring Game Thread, ACCNX 10AM

Lol get off my lawn comment gets your post removed..intersting

lol oops:)

Last edited:
What are you talking about? There were no posts deleted from this thread.

LOL, he posted the "get off my lawn" comment in another thread and thinks you guys deleted it here.

SUforme

EDIT: what's even funnier is I forgot how to tag someone in a thread...

LOL, he posted the "get off my lawn" comment in another thread and thinks you guys deleted it here.

SUforme

@ and their screen name.

SUforme

@ before the handle, CuseOnly

IMG_0830.JPG
If you are driving through 81N in PA honk when you drive by we will be watching for you ;)

Guys were great in the autograph line as usual. Very respectful and appreciative to my kids. My girls brought a picture Shamarko took with them in 2013 (after he was done playing) to sign. When he saw it, his eyes lit up. He immediately took out his phone and took a picture of it. Then he took another photo with them holding the photo from 2013.

Always have liked him, probably my favorite kid. rooted for him to succeed the most.
I miss the old ESPN "weight room freak" articles that mentioned the ridiculous weight Shamarko put up in the weight room.

One of my favorite players of all times in orange. Still remember when he smashed the Pitt TE but took the brunt of the hit and his helmet flew off. Scary stuff. Hope he gets some more time in the league come fall!

Yeah, I drove a long way too. Had to come up anyway but to get up so early for this was a waste. Not worth the price of admission.

I agree, i only came 2 hrs and it was as if this whole thing was a bother. Have watched 8-10 other spring games and they were a 1.5-2.0 investment, 12:00 running clocks is AAU , play fast, get the next game going asap kinda stuff. With only 2k in attendance the program didn't do itself any favors for future games. Dino obviously doesn't like the format and showed more interest and juice last week in a closed practice for what, 100 , 200 big donars. I get its only spring, but spring interest translates to fall ticket sales. I love dino, but not interested if he isnt into the spring game, he needs to see it through the eyes of a fan. Add in, taking away the in field meet and greet? No juice.

I agree, i only came 2 hrs and it was as if this whole thing was a bother. Have watched 8-10 other spring games and they were a 1.5-2.0 investment, 12:00 running clocks is AAU , play fast, get the next game going asap kinda stuff. With only 2k in attendance the program didn't do itself any favors for future games. Dino obviously doesn't like the format and showed more interest and juice last week in a closed practice for what, 100 , 200 big donars. I get its only spring, but spring interest translates to fall ticket sales. I love dino, but not interested if he isnt into the spring game, he needs to see it through the eyes of a fan. Add in, taking away the in field meet and greet? No juice.
You love Dino, but you're not interested if he isn't into the Spring game? Not interested in what, exactly? Continuing to support the program? Going to the game in the future? Serious question - it's not clear from your post.

I don't support the concept that a Spring game, run differently, will translate into ticket sales. You're going to go, or you're not. Winning translates into ticket sales. Maybe it's different at Alabama or one of the factories. But right now, we need to win. And if the HC thinks being vanilla and not showing anything in a meaningless scrimmage will possibly translate into more wins, I'm all for it. I get that part of his job is PR, but I think he's already done quite well at that.

You love Dino, but you're not interested if he isn't into the Spring game? Not interested in what, exactly? Continuing to support the program? Going to the game in the future? Serious question - it's not clear from your post.

I don't support the concept that a Spring game, run differently, will translate into ticket sales. You're going to go, or you're not. Winning translates into ticket sales. Maybe it's different at Alabama or one of the factories. But right now, we need to win. And if the HC thinks being vanilla and not showing anything in a meaningless scrimmage will possibly translate into more wins, I'm all for it. I get that part of his job is PR, but I think he's already done quite well at that.

I get your criticism. I will of course continue to go. I have just seen longer games, more fan engagement (getting on the mic and welcoming those in attendance), and a better meet and great experience at other schools. Part of us winning is recapturing the fans within a 2 hr radius of SU, and that includes some large cities like albany, Rochester, and Buffalo. Yesterday's format will not make people jump in the car in coming years. That is all. I love the program and love dino and yes, the D was dominant bc they see these plays everyday in practice, add in nothing exotic was run from the offensive end.

And there is a way to be vanilla but still expose the team to the fans for at least 90 minutes and say hello before the first snap and the blarrimg rap music.

I get your criticism. I will of course continue to go. I have just seen longer games, more fan engagement (getting on the mic and welcoming those in attendance), and a better meet and great experience at other schools. Part of us winning is recapturing the fans within a 2 hr radius of SU, and that includes some large cities like albany, Rochester, and Buffalo. Yesterday's format will not make people jump in the car in coming years. That is all. I love the program and love dino and yes, the D was dominant bc they see these plays everyday in practice, add in nothing exotic was run from the offensive end.
Not a criticism, just a disagreement. No worries.

Not a criticism, just a disagreement. No worries.

Agree, most of us in the hard core that follow the team and discuss it year round will always be there. Just trying to think from the casual fan perspective. Have a great rest of your sunday;)

Hope you are getting used to carrying all your belongings in a clear plastic bag...
I wonder how you know about that??? Watching Cops??? How was your strip search? Ha ha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom