2017 Yankees Thread | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
C8LBqwkW0AAja7B.jpg

Pete Kozma

they have to add him to the 40 man.

Austin to the 60 day DL??

my guess is he will get DFA'd once Didi gets back.

Out until May. You can't retroactive at the beginning of the season can you?

Can't wait for Ellsbury to hit .260 with 10 homers or get hurt by May 1st.
I don't know what they can do...

but Austin broke his foot, just give him 2 months rehab, but if that can be retro till sometime in march to coincide with Didi in May then perfect.

otherwise they will have to cut someone.

the other thing DLsbury is good for is that we all will see his # about 3x a game as someone hits one squarely over his head and he has to turn to chase it down in a full on sprint.

Are the Baby Bombers about to take over baseball?

Marly Rivera ESPN Writer
Didi Gregorius just told me that he expects to start throwing next week. Said he feels "no relief" that his injured shoulder does not need surgery since his only goal was to be in the Yankees starting lineup on Opening Day. Will be the first arm work Gregorius does after injuring his throwing shoulder during the WBC and having to start the season on the DL.

Andrew Marchand ESPN Senior Writer
The Yankees believe Luis Severino can be a top of the rotation guy, which is why the competition was always weighted his way for the 4th spot in the rotation. He has won that job, Joe Girardi said in Tampa today. The fifth starter will either be Bryan Mitchell or Jordan Montgomery.

Aaron Judge is the Yankees starting right fielder, Joe Girardi announced today in Tampa. The 6-foot-7, 285-pound Judge had the offseason backing of owner Hal Steinbrenner and enters Thursday afternoon with a .975 OPS in 58 at-bats. Aaron Hicks will be the team's fourth outfielder.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Bullpen Power Rankings: Who can bring it late?

6. New York Yankees
Projected WAR: 5.1 | K rate: 27.5% | BB rate: 9.5%
Projected ERA: 3.65 | FIP: 3.74 | ERA+: 111
Most look at the Yankees' bullpen and focus on what could be a big three of Aroldis Chapman, Dellin Betances and Tyler Clippard, but the Yankees could have a very strong combo of Adam Warren and Ben Heller in the middle of games. At the moment, the Yankees are opposed to having Luis Severino initially in their bullpen, preferring he start, either in the majors or at Triple-A, but even without Severino, the middle bullpen might be a strength. -- Andrew Marchand

This line up will look better when Gregorius returns. I can still see the lineup being good or terrible. Gardner, Headley, and maybe Ellsbury are the only guys that are predictable.

Suzyn obviously has an agenda against the WBC. I am already worried that I won't be able to handle another full season of John and Suzyn.

Get that perfect season out of the way right from the start. Better to not have that distraction.

On a serious note, Tanaka didn't pitch well his last ST start and obviously didn't pitch well yesterday either. A little worried that he's hurt.

Last edited:
Get that perfect season out of the way right from the start. Better to not have that distraction.

On a serious note, Tanaka didn't pitch well his last ST start and obviously didn't pitch well yesterday either. A little worried that he's hurt.
I always say this every year to the Yankee haters around me - "No team is going to be 162-0 at the end of the season and no team is going to be 0-162."

I always say this every year to the Yankee haters around me - "No team is going to be 162-0 at the end of the season and no team is going to be 0-162."
Anything better than 81 and 81 and you are vying for Wild Card contention.

Nah joke. Criticism has been he pulls pitchers too soon and over uses the bull pen.
Oh good, that's what I was hoping.

every team wins 55 games...every team loses 55 games.

its what you do in the other 52 that matters.

im just going to put yesterday in the 55L category and forget it even happened.

Real or not? There's a new Mickey Mantle, Rangers won't make the playoffs

Joe Girardi put down a decree, "That's got to change." The "That" is the Yankees' starters failure to provide any length in any of their three starts. Masahiro Tanaka, CC Sabathia and Michael Pineda pitched a total of 9 2/3 innings over the Yankees first three games. The bullpen has been very good, but over 162 games this format is unsustainable. Only Sabathia, five scoreless on Tuesday, pitched well.

The young hitters who are supposed to be the engines to the Yankees' offense have started off slow. Gary Sanchez and Greg Bird are a combined 2-for-26 after three games. That is one of the reasons why the Yankees lost two-of-three to the Rays.

Dickerson homers, drives in 2 to help Rays beat Yankees 4-1

As Joe Girardi would say, "It's not what you want." The Yankees have lost two of three to the Rays to begin the season. Wednesday night's 4-1 loss to Tampa fell at the feet of Michael Pineda and a putrid offense. Pineda looked a lot like the inconsistent pitcher from last year during his 3 2/3 innings.The only real bright spot was Jacoby Ellsbury's solo shot, which accounted for the team's only run.

The Yankees' Michael Pineda has begun the year in unimpressive fashion. Pineda walked off the mound, down 4-1 to the Rays in the fourth inning. There were two outs and two men on. If the Yankees are going to be playoff contenders, they probably need Pineda to pitch reasonably well.

Real or not? There's a new Mickey Mantle, Rangers won't make the playoffs

For a few hours Wednesday, we had another one. Yankees radio broadcaster Suzyn Waldman repeated a rumor she had heard that prospect Clint Frazier asked if the team ever unretired numbers. He wanted to wear No. 7, which just happens to be retired in honor of Mickey Mantle.

Later, everyone from Frazier to general manager Brian Cashman denied it happened. Waldman apologized. Frazier said on Twitter that he would "never ask for a legend's number."

WOW!! Way to alienate one of the top prospects in the farm system Suzyn...

I would have had a tough time believing that story anyways, a good majority of players are aware of baseball history and traditions and respect them...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom