2017 Yankees Thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

Real or not? There's a new Mickey Mantle, Rangers won't make the playoffs

For a few hours Wednesday, we had another one. Yankees radio broadcaster Suzyn Waldman repeated a rumor she had heard that prospect Clint Frazier asked if the team ever unretired numbers. He wanted to wear No. 7, which just happens to be retired in honor of Mickey Mantle.

Later, everyone from Frazier to general manager Brian Cashman denied it happened. Waldman apologized. Frazier said on Twitter that he would "never ask for a legend's number."

WOW!! Way to alienate one of the top prospects in the farm system Suzyn...

I would have had a tough time believing that story anyways, a good majority of players are aware of baseball history and traditions and respect them...
great radio day yesterday.

Suzyn said it on Evan & Joe, and then Cashman called into Mike to dispute it.

I caught the water being thrown on it on my way home.

great radio day yesterday.

Suzyn said it on Evan & Joe, and then Cashman called into Mike to dispute it.

I caught the water being thrown on it on my way home.

Just looked...Frazier isn't even on the 40-man roster...so why would he be requesting a number anyways?

Real or not? There's a new Mickey Mantle, Rangers won't make the playoffs

For a few hours Wednesday, we had another one. Yankees radio broadcaster Suzyn Waldman repeated a rumor she had heard that prospect Clint Frazier asked if the team ever unretired numbers. He wanted to wear No. 7, which just happens to be retired in honor of Mickey Mantle.

Later, everyone from Frazier to general manager Brian Cashman denied it happened. Waldman apologized. Frazier said on Twitter that he would "never ask for a legend's number."

WOW!! Way to alienate one of the top prospects in the farm system Suzyn...

I would have had a tough time believing that story anyways, a good majority of players are aware of baseball history and traditions and respect them...
She got it wrong. He was asking if the team would unretire Joe Pepitone's hair dryer.

Suzyn was right, Frazier wanted the Micks #.

what she didn't know is...the # he wanted was the combo to the locker Mickey hid his booze in.

he heard rumors of some unbelievably aged Scotch.

Andrew Marchand ESPN Senior Writer
Some potentially terrible news for the Yankees. 2015 first round pick James Kaprielian has been placed on the minor league disabled list with elbow pain. Kaprielian is going for an MRI. Kaprielian only made three starts last year because of an elbow issue.

Andrew Marchand ESPN Senior Writer
Some potentially terrible news for the Yankees. 2015 first round pick James Kaprielian has been placed on the minor league disabled list with elbow pain. Kaprielian is going for an MRI. Kaprielian only made three starts last year because of an elbow issue.

Ugh Tommy John surgery is almost guaranteed at this point. Yankees need to make a trade for a starter or two because the current rotation and mlb ready minor league depth is not good.

Ugh Tommy John surgery is almost guaranteed at this point. Yankees need to make a trade for a starter or two because the current rotation and mlb ready minor league depth is not good.
looks like its All Star Break 2018 for Kap...

looks like its All Star Break 2018 for Kap...

Yup, hard to see how it isn't at this point. Two years in a row of elbow troubles, you might as well get the surgery done now. Hate to give up a huge haul but need to make a run at Quentin at this point, or maybe we could get Gray at a less cost coming off his bad year.

Trade Pineda for whatever depth we can get...although right now, we might not get much for him...

That's just a ridiculous question to be considering at this stage of his career.
yeah, I don't see them trading a healthy arm, under control...even if it cant get outs in the 1st 4 innings.

Does anyone know what happened to the guest journalist they used to have on the radio when the opposing team bats in the fifth inning ? Guess they lost the sponsor perhaps. Have not had it so far in the first few games this year.

That's just a ridiculous question to be considering at this stage of his career.

The article was more referring to keeping him in the rotation as opposed to moving him to the bullpen. There was no mention of a trade.

The article was more referring to keeping him in the rotation as opposed to moving him to the bullpen. There was no mention of a trade.
That's what's idiotic, the idea that they would give up on him as a starter at 23 if he somehow doesn't have some success in the rotation this year. He's was dominant as a starter at times two years ago, and was very impressive out of the bullpen last year. Just stupid ESPN click bait headline and article.

Cool article about Ohtani on SI right now.

We need to get that guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom