2017 Yankees Thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

It's too early to worry about anything but I was really glad to see them get that win today to close out the opening road trip.

Two comeback losses, players dropping like flies, can't get a starter past the 5th, O's getting off to that start. Just needed a feel good day before finally getting home.

Mix of stuff from the weekend...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A reason for hope for (almost) every team

Yanks' Sanchez headed to DL with biceps strain

Gary Sanchez injury shows the fragility of Yankees rebuild

Yankees use 4-run 9th to defeat Orioles 7-3 and avoid sweep

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ESPN Stats and Information
Gary Sanchez' first HR of the season was the 21st of his career in just 59 games, putting him among the best starts to a major-league career for homers.

Marly Rivera ESPN Writer
Yankees GM Brian Cashman talks about his level of concern for 1B Greg Bird, who's out after fouling a ball off his right foot during their last spring training game on March 30th.

Marly Rivera ESPN Writer
Yankees GM Brian Cashman says he is "very concerned" about pitching prospect James Kaprelian. The pitcher was placed on the minor league D.L. with right elbow pain. Kaprielian is scheduled to receive further evaluation and consultation by Dr. Neil ElAttrache in Los Angeles on Tuesday.

Marly Rivera ESPN Writer
"There was a favorite leaving Florida" – The only specificity GM Brian Cashman would give regarding naming the Yankees fifth starter; close competition between Jordan Montgomery and Chad Green (Luis Cessa also with an outside chance).

Marly Rivera ESPN Writer
Yankees announce that 1B Greg Bird saw an Orioles team physician earlier today, who felt no CT scan was necessary on his right foot. Bird is considered day-to-day.

Marly Rivera ESPN Writer
Gary Sánchez said he felt a "pull" on his arm; will see the doctor on Monday or Tuesday. He said it feels like a pull on the muscle and he'll take it day-by-day. "These are things that happen; I want to stay positive that I will be back as soon as possible."

Marly Rivera ESPN Writer
Yankees manager Joe Girardi told us after the game that he fears Gary Sánchez could be out more than 10 days. Sánchez was placed on the 10-day disabled list today with a right biceps strain. You fear it could be longer than 10 days? "Of course you do when you're talking about the throwing arm. When you see a guy come out of the game and hold it like that you're really concerned."

Well so far, CC has been NYY best starter the first week. His time in the off season with Andy Pettite seems to be beneficial.

Can't the fortunes of any team change significantly with a few key injuries? I really hate crap pieces like this.

I think it is all relative depending on the team that is being referenced. I could see the Orioles able to survive injuries like this than the Yankees. I think the Yankees issue is that they are so young and unproven. Plus their top prospects in the minors aren't quite ready for The Show. Plus they are trying to shed salary to have money for the big FA class of 2019. Therefore where in the past they would just go out and spend money to bring in a FA to fill the gaps, they aren't doing that now.

I think it is all relative depending on the team that is being referenced. I could see the Orioles able to survive injuries like this than the Yankees. I think the Yankees issue is that they are so young and unproven. Plus their top prospects in the minors aren't quite ready for The Show. Plus they are trying to shed salary to have money for the big FA class of 2019. Therefore where in the past they would just go out and spend money to bring in a FA to fill the gaps, they aren't doing that now.
I hear you. But I think this team will go as far as its starting pitching will take it anyway. I have confidence that they will be better offensively than last season provided they get something from two of three Judge, Bird and Sanchez, and provided Girardi does his usual good work with the bullpen pieces. If things go reasonably well and they can contend for a playoff spot, maybe they will make a move for a veteran starter.

I hear you. But I think this team will go as far as its starting pitching will take it anyway. I have confidence that they will be better offensively than last season provided they get something from two of three Judge, Bird and Sanchez, and provided Girardi does his usual good work with the bullpen pieces. If things go reasonably well and they can contend for a playoff spot, maybe they will make a move for a veteran starter.

I would be surprised if they go after a veteran starter as they are very keen on keeping their prospects. I don't think Cash is gonna open the prospect vault for this year. He is looking at maybe 2018 and definitely 2019+ as the years for legit contention...

I would be surprised if they go after a veteran starter as they are very keen on keeping their prospects. I don't think Cash is gonna open the prospect vault for this year. He is looking at maybe 2018 and definitely 2019+ as the years for legit contention...
I don't think they would go for a big name in 2017, but maybe a reasonably priced veteran having a good season or some sort of retread.

I don't think they would go for a big name in 2017, but maybe a reasonably priced veteran having a good season or some sort of retread.

I guess it will just come down to asking price...

In the past the Yankees would be willing to take on salary, but I don't even think they are that willing to do that...I think the Steinbrenner Kids aren't as impulsive as Dad and have a long term plan, whereas Dad wanted wins now...

Pineda...

So far so good. The problem with Pineda is he will pitch great like this and then implode one inning facing the bottom of the order. Need to have the bull pen ready.

So far so good. The problem with Pineda is he will pitch great like this and then implode one inning facing the bottom of the order. Need to have the bull pen ready.
Of course, but he's especially nasty today. 18 up, 18 down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom