2017 Yankees Thread | Page 130 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

"Keuchel and Verlander have gone from Cy Young to sayanora" - KaiserUEO on this coming Friday, with props to Graig Nettles in 1978
One of my favorite SNL films was the "return" of Chico Escuela to the Mets (after the publication of his tell-all book, "Bad Stuff 'Bout the Mets."). Nettles comes on the screen and with a totally deadpan face says, "I may be a pretty fair 3rd baseman, but everything I know I learned form Chico Escuela."

tanaka has been unbelievable.

yanks putting it all together.

I was curious as to whether Joe would give Tanaka the 7th. Good call to let him start it.

I was curious as to whether Joe would give Tanaka the 7th. Good call to let him start it.

I'd still let it ride with him. I've always hated bringing in the set up man or closer when the starter is rolling, just because. have guys warming up and the first hit or walk make the move if you want.

I'd still let it ride with him. I've always hated bringing in the set up man or closer when the starter is rolling, just because. have guys warming up and the first hit or walk make the move if you want.
His work is done now, seven innings, 100+ pitches, 3 times through their oreder, off day coming tomorrow for the bullpen. No need to push it.

His work is done now, seven innings, 100+ pitches, 3 times through their oreder, off day coming tomorrow for the bullpen. No need to push it.

not at you, but I hate that philosophy unless its strictly a pitch count thing.

not at you, but I hate that philosophy unless its strictly a pitch count thing.
If they had a shaky pen, I could maybe see it. But Girardi has so many big arms out there. Nobody averages more than a shade over 7 innings these days, much different than the game I grew up watching.

Joe sometimes gets an itchy trigger finger on that. But I do like Kahnle in the set up slot.

And Chapman gets two days off so he can twice if necessary in Houston.

Cy '1', Sayonara...
The Yanks have lit up Verlander many times -- I fully expect to see them turn him turn into a pumpkin on Friday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom