2017 Yankees Thread | Page 128 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

They missed the key to the play just like Buck/Smoltz. That throw doesn't come into 2nd base. Hit the cut and then a pretty basic throw to home and he's out.
First thing I thought. You are probably going to walk the next guy anyway. Who cares if he is on second?

What I have not heard, no matter the result, is how bad a decision it was for Altuve to try to score. Not sure if it was the coach or Altuve, but he really should have stayed at 3rd with one out. Looking at the end result just covers up a bonehead play.

Last edited:
What I have not heard, no matter the result, is how bad a decision it was for Altuve to try to score. Not sure if it was the coach or Altuve, but he really should have stayed at 3rd with one out. Looking at the end result just covers up a bonehead play.

It was a very aggressive move, maybe bordering on bonehead, but clearly driven by the fact that Chapman was on the mound. In the postseason Chapman has fanned 14 hitters in seven innings of work. Meanwhile the next hitter (Gonzalez) has K'd seven times in 21 ABs in the postseason and 99 during the regular season. The highest probability outcome in that confrontation is a strikeout.

In this postseason, Aaron Judge has had strike calls repeatedly on pitches that appear to be at the very lowest edge of the strike zone -- or to be less charitable to the home plate umpires, low and out of the zone.

One evaluator noted that this seems to be a common experience for Judge, perhaps because umpires are simply not accustomed to interpreting balls and strikes for a player as large as the Yankees right fielder. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Judge is the largest position player in MLB history, at 6-foot-7 and 282 pounds.

Shorter players such as Jose Altuve know all about unusual strike zone interpretations: The short guys will sometimes have strikes called on pitches higher in the zone, and conversely, Judge seems to have more than his share of shin-high pitches interpreted as strikes.

Olney: Aaron Judge struggling to find October strike zone

Let’s just keep throwing out Ellsbury or Headley. Great strategy Joe.

Let’s just keep throwing out Ellsbury or Headley. Great strategy Joe.
Headley smoked two balls to the outfield Saturday that were outs. I have no problem with him being in there tonight. I can't recall the last time either Ellsbury or Holliday hit the ball hard.

Headley smoked two balls to the outfield Saturday that were outs. I have no problem with him being in there tonight. I can't recall the last time either Ellsbury or Holliday hit the ball hard.
Homerun in last game of the year before Girardi 'iced' him.

Homerun in last game of the year before Girardi 'iced' him.
And before that? He hasn't looked good in a while and Girardi seems to have little confidence in him. Probably would have been better served having Clint Frazier on the ALCS roster.

Judge still in 2 hole. Still striking out.

And getting picked off didi.

Jesus.

Atta boy Aaron.

Why would you ever throw anything but an outside breaking ball?

75% of the earth is covered by water

tonight, the rest is covered by Judge

Sometimes when you're struggling at the plate and you make a few good plays in the field, it just helps you get right again. Here's hoping he's turned the corner.

Almost time for the ARod and Papi show. I can’t wait to not watch it.
From the second I tuned into FoxSports1 until the game is over and I turn off the TV, the Mute button reigns supreme.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom