2018 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Boston Red Sox Thread

This is insane. 65 pitches?????????????? It must mean they are going to use Sale tonight for a inning.
Beyond stupid. Porcello couldn’t have been cooked after just one semi stressful inning.
He needed to give them another inning even though Barnes answers my Hail Marys and went 1-2-3.

Beyond stupid. Porcello couldn’t have been cooked after just one semi stressful inning.
He needed to give them another inning even though Barnes answers my Hail Marys and went 1-2-3.

I'd keep Barnes in but I think he's going to Brasier.

Cora is trying to kill his fanbase?
Brazier shouldn’t be pitching the 7th.
Please just get off the mound with 3 outs and the lead.

Cora is trying to kill his fanbase?
Brazier shouldn’t be pitching the 7th.
Please just get off the mound with 3 outs and the lead.
Sorry to tell you this, but I think Kelly is next

Just have Kimbrel go 2 innings.
Jeez this is so DUMB.

No. this is his throw day. he can pitch one inning. And, we have a 3 run lead. We are all in
His stuff is going to be 80% of his normal stuff.
This decision is mind numbing.
Have Brazier come out again and go to Kimbrel to finish it if anyone gets on.
Kimbrel has only pitched one time in the last week.

I still don't understand why teams pull starters at the first sign of trouble... unless you have a super pen.

Pitchers have rough innings and bounce back all the time. Put Porcello out for the sixth, and if somebody gets in scoring position or there is a run take him out. Even getting two extra outs, can take out some of the stress that is needed later on.

Scherzer came in the 5th last year in a deciding game and blew it. That being said I think the Sox pull it out if Sale comes in.

why did the Sox carry 3 catchers? If you aren't going to hit Holt for Vasquez there??

If Kimbrel isn’t warming up now as Sale comes in I don’t get it.
This decision is such an indictment on Dombrowski at the trade deadline.

I still don't understand why teams pull starters at the first sign of trouble... unless you have a super pen.

Pitchers have rough innings and bounce back all the time. Put Porcello out for the sixth, and if somebody gets in scoring position or there is a run take him out. Even getting two extra outs, can take out some of the stress that is needed later on.

Scherzer came in the 5th last year in a deciding game and blew it. That being said I think the Sox pull it out if Sale comes in.
Especially when the Red Sox Achilles heel all season has been middle relief.
I am still scrambling after the decision to pull Porcello.
It wasn’t even a stressful 5th inning he threw 23 pitches.

And that is why managers make good $ and we post here. To make those tough decisions.

Sale looks good. I would just keep him in for the ninth at this point.. or at least to start.

And that is why managers make good $ and we post here. To make those tough decisions.

Sale looks good. I would just keep him in for the ninth at this point.. or at least to start.
Whatever I say the opposite happens so I am just going to shut up and say Cora is killing me with these stupid decisions.

Kimbrel is coming in

Yanks a bitter disappointment. In the end the Sox are a better team. Better starting pitching and better tougher hitters... and did I mention that Boone is a horrible manager?

Up three runs and Kimbrel's throwing sliders. Yeesh.

A Judge Homer is not going to hurt any more than a Judge walk in that situation. Confusing to see him nip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom