2018 Defending WS champion 2019 Red Sox season thread | Syracusefan.com

2018 Defending WS champion 2019 Red Sox season thread

Alsacs

Living Legend
Since today is Opening Day I will create this thread today.

Opening Day Lineup
Benintiendi -LF
Betts-RF
Devers- 3B
Martinez- DH
Bogaerts- SS
Moreland- 1B
Nunez- 2B
Bradley Jr.- CF
Vazquez-C

Starting pitcher
Sale

Let’s go.

Getting shellacked at Seattle in Game 1. Sale just got a huge contract and now can't hit his spots. Ownership shoulda spent on some relief. I give up. We're done. We're on pace to lose 162 games.

Eovaldi's second pitch: Wham, a homah.
It's going to be a long season.

Eovaldi's 16th pitch. Still the first inning of his first start: Wham, anuddah homah.

This team sucks in Seattle.
They haven’t won a series in Seattle since 2003.
They just can’t win there but the starting pitching needs to improve.
The bullpen has actually been okay thus far.

When do we worry in earnest? About to be 2-7.
Starting pitching has been horrendous. 2nd worst in all of baseball for Runs surrendered.
Hitting? 10th in runs, 5th in hits, 14th in average, 11th in HR across all of MLB.

I wouldn’t worry until at least June. Your team is stacked.
The problem is: so are the Yankees and Rays, in the same division. Those losses in April count just as much as they do in August, and even if we started Sale out slowly, we're likely to need/want to finish him slowly, both to preserve him for playoffs (IF), and for the rest of his suddenly scary contract.

Just signed a huge extension, and Sale is 0-3.

Leave it to the Red Sox to make the 0 for 59 Chris Davis look like Mike Trout...

Well, we went from worst to first 2012-13. It's feeling like a First to Worst season in 2019.
Yeah, they say you don't start to worry until June, but the Rays are killing and the Yankees won 100 games last year and think they're going to beat the HR record they set. Sawx have some issues, but it's not as if anyone can define them. They just aren't doing anything well, but it's not like there are obvious holes in the lineup.

So... how soon do we become 'sellers?' Man, wouldn't that be somethin'.

Gutless bums.
The blame starts with Alex Cora.
The guy has an ego that is completely overinflated.
All he does is talk about last year.
Turn the freaking page.
The talent is fine.
It’s an arrogant team from the leader down.
Also DFA Pedroia. Can’t stand the little leader. He is garbage.

Gutless bums.
The blame starts with Alex Cora.
The guy has an ego that is completely overinflated.
All he does is talk about last year.
Turn the freaking page.
The talent is fine.
It’s an arrogant team from the leader down.
Also DFA Pedroia. Can’t stand the little leader. He is garbage.

You are obsessed when it comes to Pedroia. Sox problems run a helluva lot deeper than Pedroia. All I know is Nunez is one of the worst defensive infielders I've ever seen. Brutal error tonight that led to a run in the 4th.

You are obsessed when it comes to Pedroia. Sox problems run a helluva lot deeper than Pedroia. All I know is Nunez is one of the worst defensive infielders I've ever seen. Brutal error tonight that led to a run in the 4th.
You might have seen the end of Dustin Pedroia’a career tonight.
He sucks. He was good 5 years ago. I didn’t like the Bobby Valentine hiring but after what Pedroia did to him I lost respect for Pedroia.
The Red Sox OPS at 2b is the worst for any position from any team in MLB.
The Red Sox problems aren’t all because of Pedroia and I didn’t say that.
Nunez is a stature at 2b but he atleast isn’t dead at the plate.
Pedroia’s got to go.

You might have seen the end of Dustin Pedroia’a career tonight.
He sucks. He was good 5 years ago. I didn’t like the Bobby Valentine hiring but after what Pedroia did to him I lost respect for Pedroia.
The Red Sox OPS at 2b is the worst for any position from any team in MLB.
The Red Sox problems aren’t all because of Pedroia and I didn’t say that.
Nunez is a stature at 2b but he atleast isn’t dead at the plate.
Pedroia’s got to go.

One little aspect on Pedroia you seem to strangely leave out. He's severely incapacitated by injury. He played three games last year and for all we know he may be done for good. But when he played nobody played harder and for 7-8 years he was the best all around second baseman in the game.

Great series vs the Rays here.

Long long long way to go, but sweeping the leaders out of the gate may help them right the ship.

One little aspect on Pedroia you seem to strangely leave out. He's severely incapacitated by injury. He played three games last year and for all we know he may be done for good. But when he played nobody played harder and for 7-8 years he was the best all around second baseman in the game.

It's not like playing Pedroia has someone better wasting away in the wings. We have no 2B depth, and no $ ti sign someone else. I agree he is just about done, but waiting him out does little real harm. His $ is guaranteed anyway

It's not like playing Pedroia has someone better wasting away in the wings. We have no 2B depth, and no $ ti sign someone else. I agree he is just about done, but waiting him out does little real harm. His $ is guaranteed anyway

Totally agree.

Great series vs the Rays here.

Long long long way to go, but sweeping the leaders out of the gate may help them right the ship.

I'm pretty sure the Sox offense will be amongst the best when it's all said and done. Not as confident with the pitching, starters or bullpen.

Where would we be without... Michael Chavis.

Whoa. Two more homahz today. 6 HR in 14 games. .348.
Really hope he isn't Will Middlebrooks.

Well Trump is a Yankees fan right because the stupid White House visit is doing everything it can to divide the Red Sox clubhouse along color lines..

Bad news. I just grabbed him as a FA on my fantasy team that can't catch any breaks and sucks this year. So if he starts slumping, blame me.

The Red Sox are really starting to rake after a stretch of mediocrity. Now if they can get some decent consistency out of their starting pitching they should be fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom