2018 Defending WS champion 2019 Red Sox season thread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Defending WS champion 2019 Red Sox season thread

Can a pitcher go from the mound to a position and then back to the mound?

I think Angel Hernandez totally screwed that up yesterday.
The Rays pitcher went from the mound to first base and then Mookie came up and the pitcher went to first base.
Mookie got retired and then the Rays moved the pitcher from first base back to the mound.
I thought that was illegal.

8 games over the next two weekends. It's burial time

Image result for undertaker buried alive gif

The Rays pitcher went from the mound to first base and then Mookie came up and the pitcher went to first base.
Mookie got retired and then the Rays moved the pitcher from first base back to the mound.

I've seen it happen a few times where a relief pitcher was removed from the mound, went out and played in the OF for a batter or two then came back into pitch. That move is entirely legal.

Red Sox pound the Yankees 2 days in a row and the freaking Boston media says this isn’t Boston doing well it’s the Yankees having a SP problem.
What a joke these hacks are.
God this market needs a media enema.

8 games over the next two weekends. It's burial time

Image result for undertaker buried alive gif
After one weekend

Legal Play. The Cubs have done it a few times in recent years under Madden

Legal Play. The Cubs have done it a few times in recent years under Madden
It was legit but Angel Hernandez screwed it up.
When the Rays brought in another pitcher the umpire should have put the new pitcher in the DH spot in the batting order.
Angel Hernandez didn’t do that and the Rays tried to put the hitter they brought in off the bench into the DH spot.
The Red Sox manager realized the ump screwed it up. That is why they protested the game. The umpire screwed up the lineup card.

It was legit but Angel Hernandez screwed it up.
When the Rays brought in another pitcher the umpire should have put the new pitcher in the DH spot in the batting order.
Angel Hernandez didn’t do that and the Rays tried to put the hitter they brought in off the bench into the DH spot.
The Red Sox manager realized the ump screwed it up. That is why they protested the game. The umpire screwed up the lineup card.

I see your point. Easier to do in the NL because there is no DH spot..

Pathetic decision by gutless ownership.
The guy wins a WS and they fire him less than a year later.
Terrible and they do it right after the Patriots drop a banner and try to be news dump it then.
Can’t wait for the Boston Globe to do a hit piece and talk about a drug problem for the guy.

Total waste of a year. This team has a lot of talent and underachieved.

That is a lot of blown cash on Sale, Price, Porcello and Eovaldi. I would be concerned about all of them long-term as well, except Porcello who is a FA. Will be interestng to see how the Red Sox try to address their rotation next year.

That is a lot of blown cash on Sale, Price, Porcello and Eovaldi. I would be concerned about all of them long-term as well, except Porcello who is a FA. Will be interestng to see how the Red Sox try to address their rotation next year.
Sox will always have a big payroll so they will be able to survive Price and Sale contracts.

Eovaldi is only 16 million so that can be moved by eating 4-5 million per year if they wanted to move him.

The Sox are probably going to resign JD Martinez and then trade Mookie Betts to a team like the Braves for young pitching.

I am one of the very slim minority of Sox fans who hates this move. Absolute garbage. Pearce was a low risk move that hasnt worked out. Non-issue moving forward. Eovaldi made a ton of sense at the price they paid. Bogaerts was a tremendous signing. Price absolutely made sense at the time (truthfully I never lovd the signing but i got it)...Sale...Sale I didn't like the extension and it was a mistake, I'll concede that point. But he was completely hamstrung by old contracts he had nothing to do with (Castillo, Pedroia, Sandoval, etc) and was effectively barred from improving the bullpen by ownership.

Was he perfect? No. Should he be bulletproof? No. But less than 10 months removed from arguably the best season in Red Sox history...this is premature and ridiculous and this is why the Sox have been in an insane cycle of title---> garbage ---> irrelevance---> repeat for the last decade+

I am one of the very slim minority of Sox fans who hates this move. Absolute garbage. Pearce was a low risk move that hasnt worked out. Non-issue moving forward. Eovaldi made a ton of sense at the price they paid. Bogaerts was a tremendous signing. Price absolutely made sense at the time (truthfully I never lovd the signing but i got it)...Sale...Sale I didn't like the extension and it was a mistake, I'll concede that point. But he was completely hamstrung by old contracts he had nothing to do with (Castillo, Pedroia, Sandoval, etc) and was effectively barred from improving the bullpen by ownership.

Was he perfect? No. Should he be bulletproof? No. But less than 10 months removed from arguably the best season in Red Sox history...this is premature and ridiculous and this is why the Sox have been in an insane cycle of title---> garbage ---> irrelevance---> repeat for the last decade+
Anyone who isn’t a pink hat should hate this move.
Dombrowski did exactly what he was hired to do.
He made the playoffs and won the division his first 3 years.
Including a WS last year.
He traded away prospects for established players.
Moncada and Kopech are the only decent prospects he traded and he got Chris Sale for them.
The guys he dealt for Kimbrel have done not much for San Diego.

Price was money in the WS last year.

Red Sox ownership sucks, them and Sam Kennedy pandering pukes who think Red Sox fans are sheep.
Firing the guy on Patriots banner night for the cover was pathetic.

Sox will always have a big payroll so they will be able to survive Price and Sale contracts.

Eovaldi is only 16 million so that can be moved by eating 4-5 million per year if they wanted to move him.

The Sox are probably going to resign JD Martinez and then trade Mookie Betts to a team like the Braves for young pitching.

You're not going to get any kind of serious value for Betts when he's heading into FA next year.

The Price deal and the Sale extension were bad moves. They did squeeze a WS title out of the Price signing so that's good but LT those contracts are a huge albatross.

I agree with most of that. I also don't understand why they fire him with three weeks left in the season. What's the point?

I agree with most of that. I also don't understand why they fire him with three weeks left in the season. What's the point?

Head start on someone they really want I imagine...

Thad Levine?

You're not going to get any kind of serious value for Betts when he's heading into FA next year.
He isn’t going to resign but a team like the Braves have a deep farm system and Mookie is from Nashville. If he were going to take a discount it would be for the team where he is closest from.

I am sure the Sox contingent on Mookie signing an extension could get a decent haul in a Mookie trade.
With Devers/Benintiendi/Xander and resigning Martinez the lineup would be still be solid enough.

The Price deal and the Sale extension were bad moves. They did squeeze a WS title out of the Price signing so that's good but LT those contracts are a huge albatross.

The WS almost makes it worth it.

Price is still a valid starter in the league... but more of a #4 type, so he sticks.
Sale could have a bit of a bounceback,, but he seems to be a 5-6 inning guy at this point.

On one hand I say invest heavily in the bullpen, but relievers today are so unpredictable as well from yrear to year.

Yeah Betts is gone. I'd lock everyone else up and deal Betts for whatever you can get at this point. If he wanted to stay he would have signed. I dont feel like playing the game where we make a massive offer just to have the Yankees beat it.

What a pathetic ownership group.
They wouldn’t even have a press conference to discuss Dombrowski’s firing.
They just did a press release.
Red Sox leadership John Henry and Sam Kennedy are gutless.
Bob Hohler is digging up the dirt on whomever the ownership wants to knife.

Well. I’m shocked.
Season would have been drastically different with an expected performance from Sale and Eovaldi. The one criticism I have is that they trusted far too much in the bullpen and we lost a significant number of games by the closer/s. I would suggest that kimbrel would have made the difference in getting us into the wild card, with the thought that his issues in Chicago wouldn’t have arisen with a normal preseason/training camp, etc, but with the Sale freak year, who could know.

Yeah, we are saddled with lux tax issues, and I guess ownership wants to find a Rays-like system for competitiveness at a lower price? If you can do that with pitching and add the higher priced offense we are used to, that seems like an ideal sitch. But, obviously, it ain’t that easy...

I’m going to be sad if Mookie signs elsewhere. I don’t think there’s a better place for him, and it will suck out loud if we get outbid.

He isn’t going to resign but a team like the Braves have a deep farm system and Mookie is from Nashville. If he were going to take a discount it would be for the team where he is closest from.

I am sure the Sox contingent on Mookie signing an extension could get a decent haul in a Mookie trade.
With Devers/Benintiendi/Xander and resigning Martinez the lineup would be still be solid enough.

Mookie didn't want to take a discount with the Sox so I don't think he's inclined to take a discount from anybody. The Atlanta Braves are owned by Liberty Media, a publicly traded media company that is controlled by a media mogul named John Malone. Don't think he'd be interested in breaking the bank to sign Betts. He's very bottom line focused.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom