2018 Defending WS champion 2019 Red Sox season thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Defending WS champion 2019 Red Sox season thread

Mookie didn't want to take a discount with the Sox so I don't think he's inclined to take a discount from anybody. The Atlanta Braves are owned by Liberty Media, a publicly traded media company that is controlled by a media mogul named John Malone. Don't think he'd be interested in breaking the bank to sign Betts. He's very bottom line focused.

I dont think its about a discount, i just dont think he wants to sign here. He isnt even openly listening to offers to determine if the Sox ARE trying to short him.

I dont think its about a discount, i just dont think he wants to sign here. He isnt even openly listening to offers to determine if the Sox ARE trying to short him.
Mookie turned down 8 years 200 million before last year.
He wants FA money to sign before his FA.
Teams don’t give FA money if the players sign early.

I don’t think Mookie will get more than Machado or Arenado in FA.

He is a great player but he isn’t Trout.

I wouldn’t give Mookie more than 8 years 280 million.

Mookie turned down 8 years 200 million before last year.
He wants FA money to sign before his FA.
Teams don’t give FA money if the players sign early.

I don’t think Mookie will get more than Machado or Arenado in FA.

He is a great player but he isn’t Trout.

I wouldn’t give Mookie more than 8 years 280 million.

I think the point is, he isn’t even engaging offers now. 8/200 is not an embarrassing offer. It’s a starting point.

He’s gone and I am ok with that. I am not in the mood to play this game where the Yankees outbid us at the 11th hour

I think the point is, he isn’t even engaging offers now. 8/200 is not an embarrassing offer. It’s a starting point.

He’s gone and I am ok with that. I am not in the mood to play this game where the Yankees outbid us at the 11th hour
Yankees aren’t going to sign Mookie.

They have Stanton and are going to have to pay Judge soon.
They aren’t going to tie up that much money to the OF.
They wouldn’t give it to Harper who was made for Yankee Stadium short porch.

Atlanta is my pick for where Mookie will end up. They only have money invested in Acuna and Freeman.

That could be. What's his beef?

Yankees aren’t going to sign Mookie.

They have Stanton and are going to have to pay Judge soon.
They aren’t going to tie up that much money to the OF.
They wouldn’t give it to Harper who was made for Yankee Stadium short porch.

Atlanta is my pick for where Mookie will end up. They only have money invested in Acuna and Freeman.

The Braves are firmly in the middle of the pack for MLB team salaries for a reason and that's because they're owned by a public company that reports earnings every quarter. If they signed Betts their payroll would jump by 25-30%. That ain't happening.

The Braves are firmly in the middle of the pack for MLB team salaries for a reason and that's because they're owned by a public company that reports earnings every quarter. If they signed Betts their payroll would jump by 25-30%. That ain't happening.
Your opinion is your opinion. It’s not a fact just like mine isn’t.
The Braves gave Donaldson 23 million which expires after the year.

Mookie’s contract would probably be in the 30 million dollar range. You have no clue what Braves ownership would sign and wouldn’t. The Braves could afford Betts.

JP Morasi who knows more than you already said the Braves would be one the top teams that would want Mookie in a trade.

Your opinion is your opinion. It’s not a fact just like mine isn’t.
The Braves gave Donaldson 23 million which expires after the year.

Mookie’s contract would probably be in the 30 million dollar range. You have no clue what Braves ownership would sign and wouldn’t. The Braves could afford Betts.

It's not about affording him. The fact that you're unaware that the Braves are the rare MLB team owned by a public company shows you to be clueless. They're under pressure to report profits more so than some team owned by a hedge fund dude. There's a helluva lot of difference between paying Donaldson $23 mil on a short term deal rather than breaking the bank for Betts with a 7-8 year deal. Not to mention that there are other teams that can go easily deeper than ATL in terms of doling out $$$.

It's not about affording him. The fact that you're unaware that the Braves are the rare MLB team owned by a public company shows you to be clueless. They're under pressure to report profits more so than some team owned by a hedge fund dude. There's a helluva lot of difference between paying Donaldson $23 mil on a short term deal rather than breaking the bank for Betts with a 7-8 year deal. Not to mention that there are other teams that can go easily deeper than ATL in terms of doling out $$$.
Can’t wait for the Braves to make a big long term signing to bump this.

I'll lay you 5 to 1 odds on $100 right now that he doesn't sign with ATL.
Do yourself a favor don’t respond to my posts and I won’t respond to yours.
I can’t stand bullchit from you. I don’t want to deal with wasting energy and pretty much every post from you at me is you trying to get a reaction out of me. They are getting tiresome. Do your thing and leave me out of it.

I get plenty wrong and don’t care. I admit when I am wrong. You are a waste of energy.

Can’t wait for the Braves to make a big long term signing to bump this.

A big long term signing of Betts? lol I can't wait to collect $100 from u assuming you have the cohones to back up your bravado.

Do yourself a favor don’t respond to my posts and I won’t respond to yours.
I can’t stand bullchit from you. I don’t want to deal with wasting energy and pretty much every post from you at me is you trying to get a reaction out of me. They are getting tiresome. Do your thing and leave me out of it.

lol u whine like a little school girl when anybody challenges your point of view.

lol u whine like a little school girl when anybody challenges your point of view.
I don’t whine when people aren’t just fighting to fight which is what you do.
Kaiser is fun. You aren’t. We disagree and he challenges. He isn’t a p@ick.

I don’t whine when people aren’t just fighting to fight which is what you do.

You're full of it. All I did was offer an opposing point of view backed up by some facts. Yet you get all bent out of shape about it.

You're full of it. All I did was offer an opposing point of view backed up by some facts. Yet you get all bent out of shape about it.
I asked you not to respond me. I didn’t demand it. You aren’t fun. I don’t want to waste energy on people I don’t have fun with.

This is funny for somebody who quit the politics board.
I deal with opposing points of view. You are the one who tapped out of that board.

This is funny for somebody who quit the politics board.
I deal with opposing points of view. You are the one who tapped out of that board.

lol there are no opposing points of view on that board. You wanna swim in that cesspool then go for it. I've got better things to do with my life.

I asked you not to respond me. I didn’t demand it. You aren’t fun. I don’t want to waste energy on people I don’t have fun with.

You take yourself WAY too seriously, dude.

If the two of you want to p!ss back and forth with each other, do it via PM or in person. Take it somewhere else but here. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom