2018 Fall Ball Thread... | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Fall Ball Thread...

I think Helmer is likely to be a full time SSDM this year, theres so much depth right now at LSM it makes little sense to have him run with a pole with 3+ guys ahead of him. Helmer has a mean streak to that will work well at the position. He doesn't have the O skills that some of the other guys have to push transition but he could develop into
DM still an area of need especially with Hutchings gone. Dearth found his home there, Dami likely better but hazy beyond.

Quinn was a puzzle to me last year. In early games, when he played, he seemed slow and out of shape when he tried to dodge from the outside. Toward the end of the year, he appeared to emerge in open spaces to loose his dangerous, short, quick shot. Maybe dodging solo to create his shot is not his strength. I was impressed with his off ball intelligence and hard shot. He might be a good EMO sniper. Even a Voigt like crease or deep crease option.

I think it was a combo of moving to D1 and trying to make an impact/play when he got on the field in limited minutes. As he gets more and more comfortable and as you noted keep drawing a short stick, I think he has chance to show why he was an UA.

I think Helmer and Murphy both need to work on stick skills. Having them play with a long and short stick has me worried they won't do that. Excited about Dearth in transition, I think he should really be a threat.

Quinn on man up is a great idea. I also would like to see Lipka there as well.

Stories are pretty funny - Dami’s best part part of practice was the water break, they had the big cups today! Quinn’s bad shooting!!!

Stories are pretty funny - Dami’s best part part of practice was the water break, they had the big cups today! Quinn’s bad shooting!!!

I don’t do Instagram, but where is there the story/recap ?

Anyone have details for the scrimmage/s this weekend? Site location , Game time, etc

I saw the Penn Game. Overall impression was that the team looked solid, but several moments where we jammed the ball inside on close coverage or slide to double resulting in transition there were several moments where we left man up top uncovered for easy step down shots/goals.

To be fair, a lot of guys were getting time across the board, so inconsistency not totally unsurprising.

Not entirely sure of the final score but it was very close.

On the positive side, Trimbo was easily beating guys and Cook is every bit as advertised - slick moves and relentless on the ride creating turnovers.
Hellmer was awesome. Saw him mostly with a long stick , very physical .

Other standouts were Voigt - getting space from his defender and lethal shot - and Jake Nelson continues to surprise - had at least 2 outrageous goals with the bench erupting.

Lots of work still to be done . By no means a blowout you might have hoped for, but good pieces with potential

According to the inside lacrosse website, penn is a really impressive team. Had a lot of losses last year but also one of the toughest schedules imaginable. They beat Duke(!) Bucknell Navy and Michigan, all very good teams. They are returning all of their best offensive players. No shame in a close scrimmage. Glad to hear we dominated Delaware, as they're probably at least better than Binghamton and Marist.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom