2018 Fall Ball Thread... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Fall Ball Thread...

Maybe they dropped Binghamton and slid Colgate into that spot with conference tournaments now being played the last weekend of the season.

Maybe they dropped Binghamton and slid Colgate into that spot with conference tournaments now being played the last weekend of the season.

You really want to play a road game at Colgate in February?

I forgot they started with Binghamton last year but it was an April game before. Maybe they go back to that and we start the season with Albany.

I like the two returners and Cook or Curry at attack. We have such a deep midfield if Cook isn't ready we have to try and move one of those guys down. My two variations at the midfield would be same first line as last year second line Carlin, Lipka, Quinn. With Curry at attack I got Trimboli, Dordevic, Lipka. Carlin, Quinn, Buttermore.

I love Voigt think he's an awesome dude. Not a D1 starting attackman. He's a shooter who isn't particularly good at getting open and doesn't carry the ball well at all. He's perfect as a man up guy.

Edit: almost forgot one of my favorite players Nick Martin will reprise his role as starting man down SSDM. He was a great story last year and made an impact at a position I didn't know existed.

Definitely agree about Curry. Ideally Cook is able to start as an intimidating dodging attack so we can keep curry at the midfield. He seemed more effective last year using his insane speed as a middie dodger. I never saw him do anything like trying to finalize a d-pole from X or any other Kevin Rice sort of move. That probably means he will be better suited for blowing by defenders with a full head of steam from the midfield. But if Cook is not ready he is the man. You have to put a D-pole on that type of speed. If not him then maybe that Seebold guy is capable of a breakout season.

I forgot they started with Binghamton last year but it was an April game before. Maybe they go back to that and we start the season with Albany.

My bet is they swap Siena in for Bing, to me they are kind of interchangeable. Bing was really bad last year, maybe Desko just doesn't want the RPI hit.

In regards to the midfield, I agree with the returning starters, and the second line being some mix of Carlin, Lipka, Quinn and Buttermore. I really hope they don't rotate the first midfield like they last year with McKinney - I think they need to let that unit gel and stop experimenting. I agree with DoctahLexus, to me Curry looks more like a midfielder - his speed should be utilized in the open field. Have to hope/imagine out of Cook, Seebold, Berkman, Voigt someone will emerge.

I do wonder about Magnan and Fiorini - if the units are what we imagine them to be, there will only be one spot opening up next year (Carlin), then the year after that only one more (Trimboli). It is a very young unit. I wonder how Desko manages all those players. It's good to have depth, but I don't think the team needs to run three midfield lines. So where do they fit in, short and long term?

I’m out here at the tri-scrimmage. Still in the first quarter of the Marist-Binghamton game. So far, my dear lacrosse friends, no zone defense. They’re just ... just ... just ... playing set offense and man defense at a fast pace. Imagine that.

We know one game is at 5, what time is the other game?

That’s Porter in goal and the other numbers don’t seem to be surprising!

Thanks Naz

Wasn't 31 DiPietro last year? Must of had a number switch

Yeah, no surprises personnel-wise. Helmer and Fusco are sharing LSM with Kennedy. Dami, Dearth and 90 at SSDM. I can never remember 90s name

End of 1. Cuse 2, Marist 1. Could easily be Marist 4-2. Porter has eaten three or four shots with his chest.

Marist is playing with fire and passion. Much better than the first game

Yeah, no surprises personnel-wise. Helmer and Fusco are sharing LSM with Kennedy. Dami, Dearth and 90 at SSDM. I can never remember 90s name
Murphy?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom