2018 Fall Camp: Practice #14 Fri. August 17 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Fall Camp: Practice #14 Fri. August 17

Thought about this but seriously doubt that is the case. Everything about this staff tells me they don't shortcut putting in the work. You don't get guys in the weight room making gains across the board without that kind of attitude and expectation at the top. I think the more likely answer is that the capacity for injury has increased. Guys are bigger, stronger, and faster...like an ACC player ought to be. They are more capable of injuring one another. And when you take the leash off, bad things happen.
That's not short cutting putting the work. It's avoiding wear and tear on a guy that's dinged up.

I mean yeah, I guess bigger stronger faster guys are more likely to hurt each other but I agree with cuse12. It's training camp. Why not take the precaution if you can? I imagine a lot of these injuries (not all, never all) are quite minor. I don't see the harm (no pun intended) in erring on the side of caution. Your wrist a bit sore? Let's wrap it up. Camp is not the time to battle through ailments without at least some attempt of improving it.
That's not short cutting putting the work. It's avoiding wear and tear on a guy that's dinged up.
Practicing is doing the work. Sounds like dinged up guys are practicing. If you're not practicing then what are you doing?

Babers has stated that they are going all out and tapering things as game week approaches. Also said they are being more careful with lesser injuries to projected starters.

We don’t know, outside of Morton, who is out long term. I think it’s all precautionary.

Guys. Been following this team closely for 16 years. Injuries happen almost Every. Single. Year. In. Camp.

Couple years here and there have been exceptions, which is good. But you also know what happens A LOT? Injuries at a position you felt had quality depth. Suddenly no depth. Killer. Don't like it. But this happens often

Guys. Been following this team closely for 16 years. Injuries happen almost Every. Single. Year. In. Camp.

Couple years here and there have been exceptions, which is good. But you also know what happens A LOT? Injuries at a position you felt had quality depth. Suddenly no depth. Killer. Don't like it. But this happens often
And how many of those were good seasons?

And how many of those were good seasons?
None. But there's no way we can ever avoid injury. Wish we were able to get through a few more camps without this stuff, but it hasn't happened. I've kind of stopped wishing and just mentally prepped myself

Butler's drop does not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling.

Jordan looks very stiff.

WR's as a whole, I have heard, have not looked very good this camp. Have also heard about a surprise potentially. Not sure if I have much faith it will happen but...

Still like Sharod and AQ to earn more and more looks.

Jordan looks very stiff.

WR's as a whole, I have heard, have not looked very good this camp. Have also heard about a surprise potentially. Not sure if I have much faith it will happen but...

Spill it, dammit!

Still like Sharod and AQ to earn more and more looks.

You've been on the AQ train pretty much from the time he committed, and I think there is a LOT to like, and if the opportunity is there, I'd love to see him take advantage! I'm a little surprised I haven't heard a peep about Taj Harris. He seemed like a very dynamic athlete but maybe it is an adjustment to the level of competition? (IIRC, he played against weaker competition, but I might be mistaken).

Jordan looks very stiff.

Hmmm...I’ve heard the opposite. Better than you think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom