2018 Fall Camp: Practice #7, Thurs. August 9 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Fall Camp: Practice #7, Thurs. August 9

Here's hoping that by the end of the season he can contribute to a bowl team this year, and something much bigger next..

You're absolutely right

But we've know he's out until likely Week 11

Yup if he makes it back at all this year, his issue was back in the spring I believe so nothing new here. As long as Coleman's injury isn't long term 5 DE's should be enough assuming there isn't a bunch of attrition due to injury. Morton's injury sounds more serious but doesn't sound like season ending by any stretch and he has 3+ weeks still before WMU. In a pinch we could always bump Guthrie down but after last years experience with that I hope it won't come to that.

Not surprised. Hendrix is the better prospect with the higher ceiling, but Queeley performed at a very high level in a similar offense in hs.

It doesn't appear they're competing against each other either. I noticed in some RVAs last week that Queeley was working in the slot and Hendrix was on the outside.

Last edited:
Yup if he makes it back at all this year, his issue was back in the spring I believe so nothing new here. As long as Coleman's injury isn't long term 5 DE's should be enough assuming there isn't a bunch of attrition due to injury. Morton's injury sounds more serious but doesn't sound like season ending by any stretch and he has 3+ weeks still before WMU. In a pinch we could always bump Guthrie down but after last years experience with that I hope it won't come to that.

Or maybe Tim Walton.

Have to wonder which established wr suffers most from queeley and hendrix asserting themselves.

I think Mr. Riley. Have not heard much of him.

Riley caught a pass for a nice gain in the videos. But man he's small.

Sharod might be starting opposite Butler on the outside.

It's really too bad that our WR corps is so inexperienced [how great would it have been to have redshirted Erv, and have him back as a senior to anchor this group?] -- because I like the components a lot, especially the young guys.

In 2 years, we're going to be overflowing with talent at the position. Now, today, we're hoping that a few of these guys step up, which is no sure thing.

Hope the question marks get answered positively. Would hate to see WR unreliability hold the offense back this season.

Last edited:
Some observations from these videos. (and many thanks to the staff for giving them up)

#21 Trill looks like a stud. Matched up against Butler our #1 and maybe held the advantage. A long time ago I remember a UNC freshman cornerback who hit the ground running and he was awesome, his name was Dre Bly. Could we be so lucky? Trill looks special.

#11 Davon Clarke came up and smacked a RB. I really like Clarke. Kid is a tall rangy hitter. Gotta love him and Cisco and Jonas. Finally ACC sized safeties who hit like it.

#22 Pierre. Looked like he got some run with the ones.

#34 Coley. Comes up in support, must of been playing safety but I thought it was a LB until I looked up the number to see who it was. Looked bigger than I thought.

Clayton Welch threw a really nice ball to Jordan on that TD. Iffy got beat bad.

*Man I hope Coleman comes back healthy because our triumvirate of Slayton, Bear and Robinson is going to be the best we've had in years. Is it crazy to say maybe ever?

*The size upgrade on defense is exciting. We have a secondary that is as big as the offense. It's a welcome change. finally

Last edited:
Some observations from these videos. (and many thanks to the staff for giving them up)

#21 Trill looks like a stud. Matched up against Butler our #1 and maybe held the advantage. A long time ago I remember a UNC freshman cornerback who hit the ground running and he was awesome, his name was Dre Bly. Could we be so lucky? Trill looks special.

#11 Davon Clarke came up and smacked a RB. I really like Clarke. Kid is a tall rangy hitter. Gotta love him and Cisco and Jonas. Finally ACC sized safeties who hit like it.

#34 Coley. Comes up in support, must of been playing safety but I thought it was a LB until I looked up the number to see who it was. Looked bigger than I thought.

Clayton Welch threw a really nice ball to Jordan that TD. Iffy got beat bad.

*Man I hope Coleman comes back healthy because our triumvirate of Slayton, Bear and Robinson is going to be the best we've had in years. Is it crazy to say maybe ever?

*The size upgrade on defense is exciting. We have a secondary that is as big as the offense. It's a welcome change. finally

Dwight Freeney could be paired with us 2 and I'd take us over them

When you think about the transfers and all the young talent already in the roster - the skill position talent that Dino has been assembling for the next few seasons is insane. Time for some stud TEs to see the opportunity in front of them at SU and get on board.

This offense is going to be so much fun starting this year and going forward - I simply can’t wait to watch what they accomplish

When you think about the transfers and all the young talent already in the roster - the skill position talent that Dino has been assembling for the next few seasons is insane. Time for some stud TEs to see the opportunity in front of them at SU and get on board.

This offense is going to be so much fun starting this year and going forward - I simply can’t wait to watch what they accomplish

Agreed on TE. That's one positional unit that is a little behind, quality-wise, in terms of what we have in the pipeline at every other offensive positional unit.

Does anybody have insight about Clarke's speed? I know he's got size -- how are his wheels?

B92AC142-E442-410F-8C67-D2A89D9D6256.jpeg
Ted Gregory and the 1987 line might argue as well.

We look bigger and longer at the 2nd and 3rd levels of the defense. Nice to see. Coley had a good run read but he got juked out his shorts by Adams. Kinda funny

Agreed on TE. That's one positional unit that is a little behind, quality-wise, in terms of what we have in the pipeline at every other offensive positional unit.
You really have no idea what you’re talking about

You really have no idea what you’re talking about

Once pierce is gone we have Hackett, who by all accounts is solid... but Horan may be more built towards line play and even at that we only have a two deep. I think he makes a good point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom