2018 Fall Camp: Practices #15 Sat. August 18 & #16 Sun. August 19 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Fall Camp: Practices #15 Sat. August 18 & #16 Sun. August 19

What did they do? Hit the fans?[/QUO
What did they do? Hit the fans?
Ha ha,nope. I will clarify myself. In talking with several players, they stated they were excited to be moving toward the end of camp and focusing towards Western Michigan. I will over explain myself from this point on. Go Orange!!!!!!!

I'll give it a shot...You're reading way much into a 2 minute interview with a CFB HC. Whenever do any of them seem excited?

Exactly. Seemed sad cause he didn’t want to be interviewed lol

Koda Martin was playing RT. Conway appears to be our LT right now.
Looks like Adams continues to play with the first team. Heckel remains a backup.
Trishton continues to look like our best WR. He seems to make a couple big plays every time there is film of practice.
Really nice catch in traffic over the middle by Quelley. Big hit on that play by Cisco.
Sharod Johnson got another long gain down the sideline. He has had a few so far in preseason practices.
Mo Neal looks like a different person after adding all that muscle.
Not seeing the veteran WRs (Butler and Custis) doing much yet.

Last edited:
Looks like Adams continues to play with the first team. Heckel remains a backup.
Trishton continues to look like our best WR. He seems to make a couple big plays every time there is film of practice.
Really nice catch in traffic over the middle by Quelley. Big hit on that play by Cisco.
Sharod Johnson got another long gain down the sideline. He has had a few so far in preseason practices.

Good info and TY. Interesting Conway is at LT thus far. If he has sent Koda over to RT thats a tribute to conways ability and GREAT for the team. I think Conway has some Sunday potential. Regardless, its nice having our tackles solidified. Love our Oline this year.

Gonna be interesting, maybe the wrs are making more plays than we are hearing about and Dino is only mentioning the D highlights with purpose since there was alot of negativity about the T2 the last few seasons. I like both Johnson's but both in the starting lineup makes our receiving Corp a bit small esp if Custis...is well, Custis for the 4th year. Liked the idea of Custis in the slot with matchups but apparently he didn't cut it. Staff sees every snap and knows best.

Couldn’t tell if that was a Howard fumble but sure might have been. Sharod Johnson has been killing it. Love Queeley hanging on and taking that big hit

I keep hearing about the defensive line getting all these sacks and rushing the QB in the backfield. Does that mean we should worry about the offensive line or should we be happy the the defensive line is so dominant?

I was thinking because it was 1 s vs 1 s, to push the D as much as possible. I think both would be starting if they were eligible.
I think your right. It gives the defense the best players to have to go against. Pretty sure both would start or see the lions share of the playing time if they were eligible.

I keep hearing about the defensive line getting all these sacks and rushing the QB in the backfield. Does that mean we should worry about the offensive line or should we be happy the the defensive line is so dominant?
keep in mind the QB's aren't hit in practice, so a sack is equivalent to touching the QB. It's a good thing to get close enough to get a hand on the QB, but it is still far different than tackling the QB (especially a guy like Dungey).

Is the Strickland injury the same one that put him out at the end of last season? Hoping it's just a temporary thing. Howard is going to make mistakes as all freshmen pretty much do and as any coach will tell you the more talent you have the more you are able to "forgive" the mistakes because they can do things the others can't do or can't do nearly as often. I'd love to see Pierre raise his game here and make the backfield a minefield for enemy defenses. I have complete faith in Moe and imo if he got 200 carries (if circumstances demanded) he'd be near 1200 yards along with being able to catch passes and block.

Like hearing S. Johnson seems to be stepping up, still only a redshirt F so if he can keep improving that would be fantastic. As much as I'd like to see all the young WR's being good and challenging each other that they are making it hard for Babers/staff to decide who to put out there, it seems perhaps that some just are not close to being ACC ready yet and I'm looking forward to them proving me wrong.

Is it necessarily a surprise adams is with the 1’s i thought he was our best ol last year

Is it necessarily a surprise adams is with the 1’s i thought he was our best ol last year
I don’t think it is a surprise. I like Heckel and he showed promise as a frosh at OG last year but I think he is better suited to playing center. Adams is a GAM with a lot more experience. He should win that job!

Last edited:
I don’t think it is a surprise. I like Heckeland he showed promise as a frosh at OG last year but I think he is better suited to playing center. Adams is a GAM with a lot more experience. He should win that job!
I know there’s not a lot of chatter about him but do you have an thoughts on RTB? I hope he’s just a guy that it’ll take a couple years to put it together with. Impressive physical guy, just hasnt made noise in camp.

I’m not really shocked about this Cisco kid being good. He played 2 years at the powerhouse team in Florida basically lining up against d1 kids so he is used to spead of game and he seams to like to hit. Trishton as I have been told will be our stud next year at receiver.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom