2018 Fall Camp: Practices #15 Sat. August 18 & #16 Sun. August 19 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Fall Camp: Practices #15 Sat. August 18 & #16 Sun. August 19

I keep hearing about the defensive line getting all these sacks and rushing the QB in the backfield. Does that mean we should worry about the offensive line or should we be happy the the defensive line is so dominant?

People don't want to say it but we should be worried

Why are the sacks coming against the first team or second and third teams?

I’m always worried but the OLine was pretty good pass blocking last year against some really good DLines.

Our DLine might just be that good. Alton is a beast and I think everyone is going to struggle blocking that kid. Im thinking he puts up double digit sacks if he stays healthy and the DLine might have 3 or 4 future pros. Alton Robinson, Slayton and Bear. And Jonathan is a handful to.

Hopefully Robinson becomes such a threat he gets double team/more attention. Will put Slayton potentially in more 1-1 spots and also Coleman/Jonathan/Berry etc on the other side.

I’m not really shocked about this Cisco kid being good. He played 2 years at the powerhouse team in Florida basically lining up against d1 kids so he is used to spead of game and he seams to like to hit. Trishton as I have been told will be our stud next year at receiver.
He's a friend of mine. Some day I will tell you about the time that outlaws had us pinned down at the fort.

I keep hearing about the defensive line getting all these sacks and rushing the QB in the backfield. Does that mean we should worry about the offensive line or should we be happy the the defensive line is so dominant?
I've heard the D has gotten the better of the O in both scrimmages.

I’m not really shocked about this Cisco kid being good. He played 2 years at the powerhouse team in Florida basically lining up against d1 kids so he is used to spead of game and he seams to like to hit. Trishton as I have been told will be our stud next year at receiver.

No way. There’s not a lot to go on.

- it’s all sketchy reports and writeups
- a sack with the no contact jersey on is one hand touch
- it’s impossible to know if the DL took a leap or if the OL didn’t or both - need to play another team(s)

Riley, Pierce, Butler also have experience and Johnson’s were on team last year got some run. RBs also have a lot of experience catching passes. Hoping for more big plays this year can live with a few drops if explosive.

I have zero tolerance for drop balls unless it was a completely futile pass. If in H.S., I could see cause ur playing everything and not focusing on one thing. In college, I catch balls all the time and when u can’t have a qb throw to u there are jugs machines. Inexcusable to not get good at catching balls. I just don’t understand.

I have zero tolerance for drop balls unless it was a completely futile pass. If in H.S., I could see cause ur playing everything and not focusing on one thing. In college, I catch balls all the time and when u can’t have a qb throw to u there are jugs machines. Inexcusable to not get good at catching balls. I just don’t understand.

I compare it to a good shooter in hoop, some just ain't and can never be. Some improve a little with work and a select few...very select few actually show a decent improvement.

Plus...at times it a rythym/confidence thing

enough pros drop balls that expecting college kids to not drop them isnt reasonable.. MLB players dont catch every throw either. catch then run..

If we’re supposed to be concerned about the OL this year, we should’ve been pisssssing our pants last year. It’s our most experienced unit.

Slayton’s a monster, and Alton Robinson’s a freak. Now, when you try to help your protection against those two, you sacrifice elsewhere. I hope the other 2 across from them are doing something with those opportunities.

We’ve had some sacks in scrimmages, so we should be concerned? I don’t know about you, but that excites me. We haven’t been able to get to the QB as of late. At the very least, it’s a sign that the DL is improving.

And, let’s just play for schlitz - that our entire OL has regressed. Our offense is ultra high tempo, gets the ball out as fast as anyone, we have a QB who’s agile/can create. Literally designed to overcome and wear down pressure.

If we have to run quick game to back off the pressure, then so be it. But, how our offense responds to defenses, more specifically our OL, doesn’t concern me at this point.

I compare it to a good shooter in hoop, some just ain't and can never be. Some improve a little with work and a select few...very select few actually show a decent improvement.

Plus...at times it a rythym/confidence thing
I just have to see some improvement. Look at Erv, he dropped quit a few when he was sophomore and then boom didn’t drop much after that. I do feel ur right and depends on guys concentration and whatnot. Just aggrevating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom