2018 Fall Camp: Practices #15 Sat. August 18 & #16 Sun. August 19 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Fall Camp: Practices #15 Sat. August 18 & #16 Sun. August 19

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Saturday, August 18
10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Practice #15 (closed)

Sunday, August 19
9:35 a.m. - 11:45 a.m. Practice #16 (closed)

Monday, August 20 OFF

Is it still Coleman, Strickland, Pierce, and Foster out?

If so Coleman and pierce hurt...

#CampCuse: Scrimmage II Recap - Syracuse University Athletics

Good tidbit:

Defensively, junior Alton Robinson continued his strong camp by recording three sacks. Redshirt Tyrell Richardsbrought pressure, too, forcing Welch to scramble out of the pocket and rush a throw that resulted in the defense's lone interception of the day. Welch's off-balance toss landed in the hands of freshman safety Andre Cisco, who nearly returned it for a touchdown before being tackled inside the 5-yard line.

Freshman Caleb Okechukwu aided the defensive effort with two pass breakups and forced a fumble, which he also recovered. Junior Kenneth Ruff logged two sacks to go along with causing a fumble that was picked up by defensive end Kingsley Jonathan.

Don't like when I hear interviews like this. It's not what is said, it's how it's said. Coach is somber throughout the interview. Makes me wonder if there is less than good news behind the scenes.

Sorry to be a downer

Don't like when I hear interviews like this. It's not what is said, it's how it's said. Coach is somber throughout the interview. Makes me wonder if there is less than good news behind the scenes.

Sorry to be a downer
tired

Went to the Fan Fest today, players seemed very upbeat and excited to hit someone other than themselves. All the big guns seemed fine. Close up and personal, they look like an ACC team. I did not see Koda Martin however I was not really looking for him. Go

Sorry to be a downer

Sensed that too. I think he is genuinely worried about all 4 wr positions.

Sensed that too. I think he is genuinely worried about all 4 wr positions.

I'd be shocked if we don't have at least 1 or 2 guys step it up big time at WR this year. This offense is predicated on throwing the ball alot. All we need is guys that can catch. You don't need to be Jerry Rice to be successful in this offense.

Brian Higgins instead of Matt Park the last few interviews... any reason why? Scheduling conflicts?

I'd be shocked if we don't have at least 1 or 2 guys step it up big time at WR this year. This offense is predicated on throwing the ball alot. All we need is guys that can catch. You don't need to be Jerry Rice to be successful in this offense.

Besides Custis, all of these guys are pretty green custis is green with some orange spots trying to break through) . Yes, Dino's O can set up receivers for success due to opportunities. That said, these young recievers need to line up properly, make the proper pre snap read based on D alignment being on the same exact page as their qb, then get off the LOS quickly (a huge skill), run the proper route, and in the end, catch the ball!

I think we have recievers that can do most of that, but it takes experience and GAME reps. I played wr in hs. There is a huge difference between getting your play in the huddle, having 10-15-20 seconds to think about and prepare for the route you will be running. Its a whole different ballgame when you have formation, release from LOS, choosing the correct route, and firing of the ball at the snap all in 15 seconds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom