2018 Fall Camp: Practices #9 Sat. August 11 & #10 Sun. August 12 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Fall Camp: Practices #9 Sat. August 11 & #10 Sun. August 12

Eric is an elite competitor, a very good athlete and an average passer. I still love him. This team can win 6 games if he could just stay healthy. I truly believe they can win 8 if he takes the next step in reading the D and improving accuracy. Even on the screens he can be more accurate. Watch Matt Johnson at Bowling Green to see what I mean. Johnson threw the ball to the perfect spot on bubble screens.

Not comparing the two because one is obviously far superior, but Brett Favre comes to mind.
Favre was able to get away with it a little more because of his elite arm strength. Even so, his decision making did improve over time. Hopefully we see some of that type of progress from ED this year.

Last edited:
One of the reasons why he hasnt passed Nassib yet. I think his accuracy has improved some. He misses a lot of reads in the pass game and his decision making suffers because he wants to make a play so bad but he will put it all together this year.

He has the ability to put it all together and if he does it could be a magical season. I didn't like seeing him throw a bad INT in one of the practice videos they have shown.

I noticed Adam Terry specifically mentions Alton Robinson as being very disruptive.

Last edited:
Right. Who was our last double digit sack guy? Thompson was disappointing at times. I think it was Bromley.

Since Chandler Jones we have really struggled to create pressure of the edge. Thompson was probably the best, but he would disappear for long periods of time. Brandon Sharpe had 4 sacks vs Pitt, but other then that was mostly unproductive. This group of Robinson, Coleman, Berry, and hopefully Kingsley could be the best group in a long long time.

#2 is Dungey

:D
They showed Jarveon Howard’s long run. He has speed. There was a big gain on a pass to Sharod Johnson, who beat Scoop Bradshaw. They showed the long run Chance Amie made. He can run too.

There was a nice catch Edward Hendrix made covered by Carl Jones. Also showed a good tackle by backup nickel Allen Strizinger. And, of course, a nice short pass to Pierce for a TD by Dungey. Looked like Pierce was Dungey’s second option on the play...

Rewatched the pitt game yesterday, i really forgot how crappy are ol was it really affected the ENTIRE offense they were just blowing right through... also noticed scoop got beat alot he was one person in the secondary that stuck out.. saw devin butler make some nice grabs .. parris and zaire are going to be severely missed.. no doubt in my mind tho if are o line is as good as it is on paper were going bowling.

One of the reasons why he hasnt passed Nassib yet. I think his accuracy has improved some. He misses a lot of reads in the pass game and his decision making suffers because he wants to make a play so bad but he will put it all together this year.

I agree but that said I thought Nassib dumped too early a lot of the times instead of letting things develop. Granted, separation for his receivers wasn't always great but he had a heck of an OL to give him that extra time. Agree completely about ED, he has to let the play develop longer and not rely on his feet so much.

Right. Who was our last double digit sack guy? Thompson was disappointing at times. I think it was Bromley.

I believe it was Bromley with 10. Thompson had 7 his senior year and 12 for his career. Chandler's high mark was 4.5. Robinson had 5 last year as basically a true freshman. All I know is in an earlier practice clip Robinson blew by Koda Martin who barely got a finger on him and it wasnt even close. Kid is explosive. An organic pass rush changes the whole defense.

Might have to schedule 18 for when they face those run heavy teams. Flashbacks to Georgia Tech in 2013.
Guthrie, shy and williams are all primed for tfl’s imo

A little lost without 10 min of practice today. Just wondering if anyone has come across this yet...

There’s a lot of love for Nassib’s accuracy - but prior to his last season he was notorious for a lack of touch on short throws.

Neither he or Dungey will be remembered *overall* for these shortcomings - but history is often more kind to the older QB.

A little lost without 10 min of practice today. Just wondering if anyone has come across this yet...

No offense to those guys and I appreciate any coverage you can get of Syracuse football... but how are they in the conversation to be any sort of expert on Syracuse football? Or even have a discussion about it?

No. 2 Eric Dungey — Syracuse
One of the most underrated offensive players in college football, Eric Dungey is a true dual-threat quarterback. A high-usage passer (nearly 42 pass attempts per game), Dungey is an excellent runner, too: nine rushing touchdowns, and an excellent 7.1 Highlight Yards per Opportunity, according to Football Study Hall.
Syracuse under Dino Babers is committed to spreading the field and playing with tempo. The Orange ranked ninth nationally in pace a season ago, per Football Study Hall. It’s on Dungey to be the point person for the offense.

In an offense that features a lot of underneath targets, Dungey averaged just 6.3 adjusted yards per attempt, according to Sports Reference. Dungey also recorded 99 completions of 10-plus yards, despite playing in only nine games — eighth in the ACC.

No offense to those guys and I appreciate any coverage you can get of Syracuse football... but how are they in the conversation to be any sort of expert on Syracuse football? Or even have a discussion about it?

I realize they aren't experts just an outside perspective on the Orange. And other acc teams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom