Class of 2018 - 2018 Grad Transfers | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 2018 Grad Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeMoyneCuse

All American
Hey everyone.

If you follow recruiting on the football board, you may know that I keep a website that tracks graduate transfers.

I've just rolled out lists for college basketball as well. I know it's a little sparse, but I'm starting to see more activity. Give it a look and keep following as schedules start to come to an end.

Don’t think he will be a grad transfer but it’s a transfer

Highly unlikely we'll be in the grad transfer market this year.

Which makes sense - JB only uses that Grad xfer option as "break glass in case of emergency",
and we've got a pretty solid roster lined up for next year, barring more than just Tyus departing.

Hopefully we can land 'Vald the Impaler' as a backup/development Big, stand pat with our 2018 roster, and keep working on our priority '19 guys now.

agree, 99.99% no grad transfers, bad taste in everyone's mouth

From your keyboard to JB's ears.

Hughes fills in for Battle, Sidibe gets healthy and we get back to the Top 25.

Battle will be back unless he wants to play in D-League or Europe next year. We are headed to the Elite 8 at the very least next year.

Are you comfortable with going with Sidibe and Chukwu in the middle if we don't land any freshmen? That would be the only position I might consider.
Prepare yourself for a heavy dose of Bazely at the 5.

Carey/Howard/Hughes/brissett/Bazley.

That will be the crunch time 5 many nights.

Washington, Moyer Dolezaj/chukwu/Sidibe and sliding Carey to the bench make for a great set of options and flexibility.

Washington, Moyer Dolezaj/chukwu/Sidibe and sliding Carey to the bench make for a great set of options and flexibility.

Buddy?

I agree with the 5 you listed to get the 5 best on the floor. I'm guessing whoever is the better shot blocker between Bazley and Brissett will see time at the 5 in the zone.

I was wondering how much we might see Bazley play the 5 next year. I like the potential spacing on offense with that group, hoping the other guys can provide some good depth.

I'd like to keep all of our options open instead of making a hot take. I hope the staff does the same.

OP, I appreciate your work with this. Where can I find your site?

Buddy?

I agree with the 5 you listed to get the 5 best on the floor. I'm guessing whoever is the better shot blocker between Bazley and Brissett will see time at the 5 in the zone.

DBaze is smaller than OSB.
Have any of you even seen him? He’s not much beefier than Marek.
(Of course, that didn’t stop JB from playing Marek, or Rico at the 5)

Between those two, DBaze is more of a 3, and OSB more of a 4.

DBaze is smaller than OSB.
Have any of you even seen him? He’s not much beefier than Marek.
(Of course, that didn’t stop JB from playing Marek, or Rico at the 5)

Between those two, DBaze is more of a 3, and OSB more of a 4.
If we're going to be undersized, I'd go with Moyer at the center spot. (And as I type that I realize that I'd really like one more center on the roster).

If we are going to play undersized I have zero issue with it as long as we are elite offensively. Moyer doesn't make us elite offensively.

I don't see a reason to use that small lineup much, certainly not in crunch time. Hughes is not an incredible talent. He's good and can shoot, but he's not the kind of guy you switch your whole lineup for just to get him on the court. We'll have plenty of offense with Howard, Carey (or Hughes), OB, Baz, and Sid (or Chukwu) on the court and won't be giving up anything on defense. Bumping Hughes to SF might marginally improve the offense, but the idea of Hughes playing Forward in the zone with an undersized 'Center' in the game doesn't sound good on the defensive end.

I don't see a reason to use that small lineup much, certainly not in crunch time. Hughes is not an incredible talent. He's good and can shoot, but he's not the kind of guy you switch your whole lineup for just to get him on the court. We'll have plenty of offense with Howard, Carey (or Hughes), OB, Baz, and Sid (or Chukwu) on the court and won't be giving up anything on defense. Bumping Hughes to SF might marginally improve the offense, but the idea of Hughes playing Forward in the zone with an undersized 'Center' in the game doesn't sound good on the defensive end.

Curious how you know this? Not saying you're wrong, but reports of him in practice have been very solid. Have you watched practices to know that he is medicore?

Curious how you know this? Not saying you're wrong, but reports of him in practice have been very solid. Have you watched practices to know that he is medicore?

We have a full year of college stats for him. “Not incredible” wasn’t meant as harsh criticism. He’s good. But I don’t think the expectation should be that he’ll be a game changer, especially out of position at SF.

Important to note that Hughes has also dropped some weight -- so he's not 6-6 225 anymore. More in the 210 range. Not suggesting that this will preclude him from playing some 3, just putting this out as an FYI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom