Class of 2018 - 2018 Grad Transfers | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 2018 Grad Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
he was the better of the two, and it would have been nice to have gotten him as a freshman, but i thought he showed no interest in learning the defense.

that team could have been good if it had been just played syracuse-average defense, but to varying degrees white and gillon (and thompson) lacked interest or aptitude to play it
The whole team sucked on defense. Without those two, we wouldn't have the consecutive winning season streak we currently have.

The whole team sucked on defense. Without those two, we wouldn't have the consecutive winning season streak we currently have.
i get that it was an emergency move just to field a team, but i wouldn't want to repeat it. between their selfishness & thorpe quitting, it would have to be similar super dire circumstances for me to go down that route again. but my opinion doesn't count; maybe jb thinks differently

Would that be the same boss that said he would be all ACC if he was back this year? lol

well just like me and u, we sometimes say things and they do not come true, for example before last season, before the 1st practice best team weve had ...

well just like me and u, we sometimes say things and they do not come true, for example before last season, before the 1st practice best team weve had ...
Not me. Didn't I tell everyone I would get a date with Allie Laforce? And didn't you see how she was looking at me through the tv screen????

We had a winning season last year.
One win away from NCAA’s isn’t sucking.
Sorry, it’s not.

If you wanna see full on sucking, see:
Pitt
UConn
GTown
Rutgers

Those teams would kill to suck
like we did last year and this one.

I never said anything about sucking, i said in so many words our results have not been there in the grad transfer market of late, did you see JB's post game, how proud he is of this team, they give everything they have, we didn't have that last year on the court, off the court and in the locker room

i get that it was an emergency move just to field a team, but i wouldn't want to repeat it. between their selfishness & thorpe quitting, it would have to be similar super dire circumstances for me to go down that route again. but my opinion doesn't count; maybe jb thinks differently

how were AW3 and Gillon selfish?

AWIII used us to showcase himself on a bigger stage, and we used him because he filled an enormous void in our roster. So I can see where his buy in might not have been 100 percent, but without him...we wouldn’t have won many. He was the ultimate bail out player for our motionless offense. He hit contested shots left and right all season. If there is a shooter like that available ever again, I can’t see how you pass on him. Problem is, there aren’t many shooters like him just hanging around looking for a place to play.

what make you have that assumption?

I saw one of the best shooting seasons we ever had and an undersized guard with limited ability who played his heart out most nights
they showed little to no interest in playing defense, only in showcasing their offense

they showed little to no interest in playing defense, only in showcasing their offense

one guy who was short and the other who was slow footed laterally and never played the zone before?

thats like saying MD and Chucky have little interest in playing offense this year

Owens would be perfect for the zone if Pascal left (not saying he is but ya never know) and Sidibes health

Owens would be perfect for the zone if Pascal left (not saying he is but ya never know) and Sidibes health
Trayvon Reed from Texas Southern is also interesting if he were to pursue a grad transfer. Originally started at Auburn after committing to Maryland, but has only played 2 seasons (14-15 and this one), listed as a Junior. Former 4-star, top 100 recruit that is also 7'2"...

If Sidibe's knee remains a question and Paschal doesn't come back for whatever reason, this would be a good replacement, I'd think. Of course, lots of things have to happen first.

Ryan Luther from Pitt should be a guy we are all over.
He gives depth at the 4 and 5.

Is a perfect role player.
From the ESPN article: Pittsburgh has a standard policy in place of not allowing an undergraduate transfer to go to ACC schools or a program on next season's schedule, and one source told ESPN that those restrictions will be included in the each player's release.

I assume even the grad transfer can't go to an ACC school then, even though he graduated. Such a dumb rule.

Prepare yourself for a heavy dose of Bazely at the 5.

Carey/Howard/Hughes/brissett/Bazley.

That will be the crunch time 5 many nights.

Washington, Moyer Dolezaj/chukwu/Sidibe and sliding Carey to the bench make for a great set of options and flexibility.
I don’t see that happening at all—unless one of the centers gets injured. JB clearly loves Sidibe’s offensive upside. If anything you’ll see Bourama getting more run when we need scoring and Chukwu in there when we need stops. I don’t see Bazley playing center at all. You’d give up too much on defense.

Buddy?

I agree with the 5 you listed to get the 5 best on the floor. I'm guessing whoever is the better shot blocker between Bazley and Brissett will see time at the 5 in the zone.
I still think Buddy redshirts. Unless we lose a bunch of guys after the season.

Gillon & Thorpe - forgot to brush their teeth since March 1st, that's how bad the taste is, which is very recent, yes MG, excited about Hughes, Andrew White was a model citizen, but i know they prefer not taking any transfers, like i said bad taste
You’re making a mistake conflating grad transfers and regular transfers. JB has no problem with taking a regular transfer that he likes.

You’re making a mistake conflating grad transfers and regular transfers. JB has no problem with taking a regular transfer that he likes.

I hope he wouldn't shy away from the right 5th year either. how much could this year's team use a White and/or Gillon?

From the ESPN article: Pittsburgh has a standard policy in place of not allowing an undergraduate transfer to go to ACC schools or a program on next season's schedule, and one source told ESPN that those restrictions will be included in the each player's release.

I assume even the grad transfer can't go to an ACC school then, even though he graduated. Such a dumb rule.
I would love to see a federal lawsuit over this clause. NCAA loses.

D679BADB-B177-4163-B4D0-9BCF90B58694.jpeg

Might be a good player off the bench for a high major team. Led the nation in steals this year. Was top-10 previous two years as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom