2018 Mets thread | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Mets thread

I'm a Mets, (and baseball) fan. They sure know how to take the fun out of summer.

Watching Nola and deGrom back-to-back was a real treat. Both have such command of their pitches, and are brilliant at sequencing them. True artists.

What's wrong with this picture?

Mets - Bottom 1st

• KELLY PITCHING FOR SF
    SFNYM

• Jackson flied out to center.

• Conforto fouled out to third, Frazier to second.

• Frazier safe at first on throwing error by shortstop Crawford.

• McNeil tripled to deep center.

• Bautista struck out swinging.

• 0 RUNS, 1 HIT, 1 ERROR
If Frazier is safe on the error and McNeill tripled, how did the Mets not score?

(This is the ESPN play-by-play of the first inning of tonight's game against the Giants. I was in another room while this happened and assumed that Frazier scored and we were ahead 1-0. When I saw that the game was still 0-0, I went to the play-by-play to find out why and came up empty.)

That's awesome, awesome, but it probably deserves some kind of asterisk in the era of weenie pitchers who never pitch nine innings in a start.

That's awesome, awesome, but it probably deserves some kind of asterisk in the era of weenie pitchers who never pitch nine innings in a start.

Are the pitchers the weenies or is it the managers?

Are the pitchers the weenies or is it the managers?

Or the front offices?

Keith had a great rant about this during an NPR interview a while back. And you've got a good point. It's not fair to pin the blame on the pitchers. DeGrom's obviously doing all he can within the restraints placed on him.

that is definitely true. but none of the other great pitchers of the 100 pitch era has managed to do it either. not even the great kershaw

And the next day, the Mets are leading 13-0 in the 8th inning.

Really, the only team to beat DeGrom this season has been the Mets. :confused:

The funny thing about the Jake streak is it includes a one inning start against the Phillies. (obviously Jake is amazing and I love him)

Any reason why there are 2000 Mets fans at Fenway this weekend?
I was shocked how many Mets fans traveled for your team. Red Sox fans were apparently loving it. It was a fine vibe in Fenway.

Any reason why there are 2000 Mets fans at Fenway this weekend?
I was shocked how many Mets fans traveled for your team. Red Sox fans were apparently loving it. It was a fine vibe in Fenway.

The 7 line, which is a big group of fans who go to both home and road games, had this scheduled as one of their road trips/meet ups. Sadly they didn't get the game started by Thor or Jake

The 7 line, which is a big group of Uber fans/tools who go to both home and road games, had this scheduled as one of their road trips/meet ups. Sadly they didn't get the game started by Thor or Jake

Fixed for you. I like the 7 Line Merch but their fans can be insufferable.

Fixed for you. I like the 7 Line Merch but their fans can be insufferable.

Ha and I tried to make it as neutral as possible.

I believe Gary Cohen still won't refer to them by name on air

Ha and I tried to make it as neutral as possible.

I believe Gary Cohen still won't refer to them by name on air

Yeah, he really hates them. It’s actually kinda hilarious.

So I think it’s safe to say that deGrom’s got the Cy Young locked up. It’d be nice to get him one more win in his last start so he’d be a “winning pitcher” this season. I’m so beyond using wins as a worthwhile category for pitching prowess. I’ve advocated for years for using quality starts as a category in my fantasy leagues as well, but really, a quality start isn’t all that quality if you hit the bare minimum. (6IP, 3ER or less gets you an ERA of 4.50 if you hit the baseline requirement.)

What Jake has done this year, in this era, has been remarkable. I thought after 2013 we wouldn’t see another Met season like we did with Harvey, but here we are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom