2018 Mets thread | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Mets thread

They're not REALLY looking to trade DeGrom or Syndegaard, are they? Do that and they're the Orioles.

They're not REALLY looking to trade DeGrom or Syndegaard, are they? Do that and they're the Orioles.

I think they're available if some team wants to destroy their farm system.

I'd trade Cabrera, Cut reyes, and make all pitchers not named Wheeler, DeGrom, or Noah available.

8-10 months
minimum

i loved the cespedes trade & would do it all over again. he got us back to back playoff appearances & a trip to the world series.

but dammit this franchise is snakebit

8-10 months
minimum

i loved the cespedes trade & would do it all over again. he got us back to back playoff appearances & a trip to the world series.

but dammit this franchise is snakebit

The initial trade, sure. That was fun. Everything since, eh.

Can't we go back in time to November 2015, recognize that both Wright and Cespedes aren't reliable, and instead re-sign Murph to play third and virtually anyone else instead of Cespedes and call it a day?

I heard the Padres are behind the scenes looking to acquire Syndergaard from the Mets.

As for your ownership its embarrassing how the Mets are managed like they are a small market team.

I heard the Padres are behind the scenes looking to acquire Syndergaard from the Mets.

As for your ownership its embarrassing how the Mets are managed like they are a small market team.
Please let it happen.

The Padres will take Yankee prospects for Thor.

Asdrubal Cabrera to the Phils for Franklin Kilome. That's a true live prospect the Mets are getting.

While he hasn't put it all together yet, Kilome was a pre-season Top 100 prospect. If/when he puts it together, he could be a mid-rotation starter or at least a late inning possibility.

The Phils needed that mid-infield depth, and Cabrera is a huge upgrade over Valentin. But Mets fans should be happy with the return they got.

Is it true Wilpon is going to try and get insurance to pay for Cespedes injury.
If Wilpon does get that money Mets fans should demand he invest that money on the team.

so they got rid of the #1 hitter they have left , traded them to a team in division, and got a kid who may be 2-3 yrs away.. hopefully mcneil can hit in the bigs like he has in the minors.

Is it true Wilpon is going to try and get insurance to pay for Cespedes injury.
If Wilpon does get that money Mets fans should demand he invest that money on the team.
Doesn’t Insurance always pay for guys on the DL??

Or do the Mets actually not place insurance on their players because they don’t want to pay the premium??

The last time I played in a game that was 25-4 (about 8 or 9 years old) 2 kids had inside the park home runs on passed ball strikeouts.

The Padres have a good farm system I would look into it during the off-season. Yo can get some good. Position prospects and build the rotation around Degrom and wheeler.

Doesn’t Insurance always pay for guys on the DL??

Or do the Mets actually not place insurance on their players because they don’t want to pay the premium??
The coupons will prob pocket the insurance money.

Is it bad that I'm just relieved that they didn't make any terrible trades?

I couldn't agree with this more. I was quite scared at the thought of the 3 headed GM monster trading away DeGrom, Wheeler, or Thor. Plenty of time to that in the offseason if they get enough in return.

The starting pitching is the strength of this team. If the Mets can hold onto them and add some decent pieces in the field, they should be fine next year to compete for a playoff or wildcard spot.

The starting pitching is the strength of this team. If the Mets can hold onto them and add some decent pieces in the field, they should be fine next year to compete for a playoff or wildcard spot.

Exactly. Especially with the hypersensitivity about injuries these days, it can take decades to assemble a group of starting pitchers like this. When they finally come together, hold onto them for as long as possible. And find them some help!

Watching a Mets game is a great opportunity to see the game of baseball played the way it should be played - by the other team.

1533252175476.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom