2018 Mets thread | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Mets thread

is sad that as bad as the mets have played they are 3-10 in the last 13 degrom starts while leading the league in ERA over that time at 1.4 if they flipped that to 10-3 which would have meant most nights just scoring 2 runs or not blowing late game leads they are .500 and still in this thing at 6 back..

is sad that as bad as the mets have played they are 3-10 in the last 13 degrom starts while leading the league in ERA over that time at 1.4 if they flipped that to 10-3 which would have meant most nights just scoring 2 runs or not blowing late game leads they are .500 and still in this thing at 6 back..
It really is criminal he only has 5 wins. The way he has pitched he should have at least 11 or 12 right now.

Degrom has tied the record team losses when a starter allows 1 or less run..

tonight they are throwing 1 hitter. committed no errors and allowed 3 runs..

just crazy to watch so many pretty well played games and get nothing for it, but really you cant throw out 5-7 guys every night who flat out cant hit..

Conforto has 3 solid months in 3 yrs, Nimmo/Flores are least give you 260+ hitting and they would be fine if they were option 5-6-7.

got to find a 1st basemen and now the 1 kid in the minors who was hitting goes to AAA and starts to hit under .200

Find a RF and 1st basemen and get Cespedes healthy for next year . live with Nimmo and Largares as the other 2 outfielders. Even catching while awful AVg has some decent pop

Reyes being Inept at 3rd is saving the mets from being in the 2nd game in MBL history to have 2 one hitters and the Phillies winning for the first time with one 1 since 1957...

Things are so bad I'm considering wearing a paper bag over my head to watch the game on tv.
Don’t rip it, you’ll need it this fall...

Things are so bad I'm considering wearing a paper bag over my head to watch the game on tv.

It's like watching Foreman-Frazier every night.

1531278834405.png

Of course their rookie pitcher was going to pitch better than ours.

They just said the Elias Sports Bureau had done a study, (UTL on the net), looking at the batting averages of all the players in MLB history who ahd played in at least 500 wins and 500 losses, looking to see the difference in their BA in wins and losses. #1 was Michael Conforto, who hits 159 points higher in wins than losses. He's a Hall of Famer in the wins and a pitcher in the losses.

I hate games where my team has a lead and doesn't add to it, trying just to hold on while the other team keeps scoring. That insurance run tonight was a beautiful thing to see.

sad that the bullpen is the difference in sweeping the yankees this season and probably the biggest reason they still arnt just hanging around for a playoff spot..

crazy how they score a decent chunk of runs on the road and cant seem to even score at home.

I think any less that two runs produced is disappointing when you have the bases loaded and nobody out. Even if you've already scored two runs, if the bases are still loaded and nobody is out, you should get two more runs. The Mets went from down 3-7 in the 9th to 5-7 due to Chapman's wildness but they still had the bases loaded and nobody out. A grounder right to the second baseman and a dribbler to the pitcher and the Yankees won 6-7. "Thaaaa Yaankeees Winn!" Yuck.

keith law killing the mets for the familia trade . . . . he obviously follows prospects much more closely than i, but i like the pitcher they got

familia had a nice run but i have no confidence it him most of the time.. this could also be a bruce type thing where he comes back.

Wheeler pitches a strong game, the Mets win...and the post game show is about where he might be traded and who we might get for him.

f_6611.jpg

The Wilpons pocketing 30 of the 40 million owed to David Wright instead of reinvesting it in the team is a joke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom